Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 2

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Lively weather tonight, wind throwing its weight around, rain trying to keep up. Fantastic sounds and rhythms of a spring storm.

Fire still burning strong; things could be quite a lot worse....

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Very scary outside, roads are already starting to flood and I struggled to make it back to my home.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

what bloody depressing weather.MK turn it on.............The sunshine that is.

Certainly a wild and wet one tonight....the weather that is - finding it impossible to get to sleep here lazy.gif

I've got two friends running in the MK marathon tomorrow - if it's not cancelled !

I know we need the rain but this is just too much....I refuse to let it depress me though, I've been using the down time productively by looking on the internet at sunshine holidays in hot countries...I think planning a week away from the UK and the 'British summer' is the answer angel.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Temp armagedon here,Lights on ..Lights off, Soddin power cuts. Jeez just managed to get pc back up and running...Amazing really though as i guess this to is the wrong type of rain,Crikey it falls from the clouds and hits the ground as it is pulled down by .......YES you guessed it GRAVITY. Paracite water companies..YOU really need to get a grip on your lame excuses,As that one dont WASH, Pardon the pun. However we will all keep paying for that naturel element called water. To be honest probably would not be a ban,If they fixed the leeks under ground. Just a thought aswell, If we cant use hose's to water gardens,wash cars,and water our veggy patch can we ask for a revised bill as we are not being provided with a full service,Due to lack of the wrong type off rain. Could be a good argument for any legal bod reading or posting in the thread. Positive answers only need to reply. Negative one's are the wrong type of rain.????

JT

Edited by Jason T

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Definitely wet and windy in my area, as has been pointed out. I was soaked walking home from my local tonight, but for weather afficienados, who cares about getting wet at times? I felt very alive.

Posted

It looked like the main band was starting to ease off from the South over the English Channel on Rain Today radar, then it completely reloaded on the latest frame. Loads more to come. Cracking sounds (literally) in the garden.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

April's total rainfall is now at 103.76mm for London and counting... 19.08mm yesterday, I wonder how much today will bring. We are so close to the wettest April on record.

Edit: Just re-read the forums, 105.7mm is the Heathrow April record, this should be broken in the next hour or so??

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted

Well going to bed. This weather reminds me of the old past octobers. However its APRIL lets see whats on the news in the morning Got to be weather related.Especially the way it is out there.

JT

Posted

Well I expected to wake with a gale a driving rain.

Nothing of the sort here, it's dry but cloudy with a light wind.

I knew it would not materialise like how the Meto warning told.

Sunny spells later today with 15c.

19c tomorrow - woooo :-)

You should move thirty miles up the road as it's terrible outside, howling wind gusting up to the numbers put out by the met office, it's been raining all night and there is water everywhere. Looking at the present radar you must be very lucky to have no rain at the moment.

Posted

You should move thirty miles up the road as it's terrible outside, howling wind gusting up to the numbers put out by the met office, it's been raining all night and there is water everywhere. Looking at the present radar you must be very lucky to have no rain at the moment.

Yes the rain really picked up again now!

I must be in a wind shield. Honest to god - where are these gale force winds? Was expecting it to be really windy this morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

It's been a very wet and windy night near Marlow, Bucks. Still this morning it continues, it is howling outside and the rain is being driven hard against the windows

The garden has numerous large pots blown over and judging by my mobile phone battery status, it stopped charging about five hours ago, yep power cut time. Called Scottish and Southern and their automated service simply said due to the weather there has been wide spread damage in many areas. Normally they give an area affected and an ETA for fix. This message is very general so I think many different areas are suffering :-(

Posted

just looked at the radar see looks like we got wild weather for a few more hours

Posted

ERM mate you sure. Im only a mile and a bit up the road from you. Its has not stopped all night.

JT

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Has rained non-stop here in London since dawn yesterday with a few more hours to come yet, alot of standing surface water on the roads, so careful those out driving!

Posted

Another 7.6mm of rain in the last 24 hours, more looks like it's on the way today.

Posted

It certainly didn't stop all night here...I know I was awake for most of it - 16mm since midnight and more to come by the looks of it.. there is no sign of it letting up for now !

I don't think we need worry about the hosepipe ban for a while, my plants won't be needing watering until we get some hot sunshine and the car has had a good wash !

The fishpond which required a bucket of water a few weeks ago is now in danger of overflowing and just been in the garage to find the rain has found it's way in and I now have a wet patch across the floor, not seen that before.

On the bright side the grass looks green.

PS Just noticed that the flood warnings have shot up in the past couple of hours for EA.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/34678.aspx?type=Region&term=Anglian&Severity=3

Chris

Edited by Chris Mantle

Posted

PS Just noticed that the flood warnings have shot up in the past couple of hours for EA.

http://www.environme...lian&Severity=3

Chris

Thanks Chris, I had just noticed the Great Ouse is now on flood alert, I can't say I'm surprised after last night - thankfully at the moment it seems it's mostly just the surrounding fields that will be flooded.

Flood Alert

Flood status last changed at 06:41 on 29 Apr 2012

Location:River Great Ouse from Newport Pagnell to Turvey in Buckinghamshire and from Sharnbrook through Bedford to Wyboston in Bedfordshire

Region:Anglian

Latest Information:

River levels in the Great Ouse through Buckinghamshire rose during the rainfall on Friday and have begun to rise again due to heavy rainfall on Saturday (27th April) and Sunday (28th April). River levels are expected to rise further as they respond to the continued accumulations of rain. At this point only low-lying land and roads near to the river are likely to be affected, but we will monitor the situation closely and issue further Flood Alerts and Flood Warnings if the situation changes.

http://www.environme...on&term=Anglian

Posted

Crossing the local stream to reach the abundant wild garlic could be an interesting experience today!

AS

Posted

It's been a very wet and windy night near Marlow, Bucks. Still this morning it continues, it is howling outside and the rain is being driven hard against the windows

The garden has numerous large pots blown over and judging by my mobile phone battery status, it stopped charging about five hours ago, yep power cut time. Called Scottish and Southern and their automated service simply said due to the weather there has been wide spread damage in many areas. Normally they give an area affected and an ETA for fix. This message is very general so I think many different areas are suffering :-(

Well I'm at my new house in east London and all my pots - flowers etc are in the same position as they were yesterday. Just spoke to my mum in herts which is only down the road from you and she said " wheres this storm you were telling me about, looks like just a normal wet English day" lol

No power cuts in London or herts due to weather.. I just don't get it. Even my garden ornaments (light ones) haven't moved.

Other than rainfall totals this is just another normal UK day weather wise. (wet)

Looking forward to seeing the sun breaking through later with temps up to 16c. Still showers around though.

Posted

Heathrow's station is now on 114.74 as of 8am. It broke the record for April at 2am or so.

Hi Robbie my PWS decided to give up the ghost yesterday so could you possibly tell me where I can find those Heathrow and/or Northolt figures please ?

Cheers