Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 2

Snowangel-MK

Posted

The timing of Sunday's rain will be crucial to my weekend plans. Or maybe I should just go ahead with them and to hell with the consequences!diablo.gif

I'm out for mates stag night on Saturday - I'll be nursing one mama of a hangover Sunday and probably won't awake till Monday morning so at least I'll be in my comfy bed when it rains on Sunday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I'm out for mates stag night on Saturday - I'll be nursing one mama of a hangover Sunday and probably won't awake till Monday morning so at least I'll be in my comfy bed when it rains on Sunday!

Definitely nothing as dramatic as that for me. More like just getting out and about, although beers might be part of the day!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

An intense area of low pressure is forecast to approach the south of England on Saturday night and Sunday bringing up to 50 mm of rain and winds gusting in excess of 50 mph in exposed areas.

Deputy Chief Forecaster Dan Suri, explains the weather situation for Sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

If the rest of April can dump up to 18 or so mm of rainfall, the record will go as the wettest April since records began here in London. Probably another 30mm is expected, so will literally blow the record away I take.

Posted

An intense area of low pressure is forecast to approach the south of England on Saturday night and Sunday bringing up to 50 mm of rain and winds gusting in excess of 50 mph in exposed areas.

Thanks for that. At least it gives an idea of the timing - ie. Saturday looks not too bad until later. I wonder if the fronts will push through on Saturday night and leave us in the SE with sunshine and showers on Sunday? This forecast implies not though.

Edited by Speed67

Posted

Sky news going for worst of the rain overnight Saturday leaving Sunday daytime sunshine and showers!

Not that bad at all really, just another blustery April day for London

This is only classed as intense as its April if we were in November it would be just a 'deep' low pressure!

Also BBC now going for sunny spells over SE come Sunday PM

Edited by Anthonyb

Posted

Will the under 9s cricket match be on this evening? And can I get in the team? One of these is more likely than the other (which, given the weather, just goes to show how old I am...)

Sunday now looks to be a write-off, though a nice roast and lighting the fire will be reasonable compensation

AS

Posted

Will the under 9s cricket match be on this evening? And can I get in the team? One of these is more likely than the other (which, given the weather, just goes to show how old I am...)

Sunday now looks to be a write-off, though a nice roast and lighting the fire will be reasonable compensation

AS

Yes heavy rain and strong (ish) winds... Nothing unusual for the UK though.

Sunday PM could see sunny spells though

Posted

All looking quieter from Wednesday onwards:

MU_London_avn.png

Posted

Something big and black coming over the hill to my north east - I don't think it's going to stay dry here for much longer !

Posted

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Central Bedfordshire, Bedford & Hertfordshire

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

West Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire & Milton Keynes

Valid from - 27 Apr 2012, 12:00

Valid to - 27 Apr 2012, 20:00

Slow-moving thundery showers are expected to develop in places on Friday, bringing localised downpours with hail and thunder.

The public should be aware that given recent wet conditions, these downpours may lead to local flooding on roads and both this and hail could cause tricky travel conditions.

Issued at - 27 Apr 2012, 08:29

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Yes, I think some of us are in for some interesting weather today - slow moving torrential storms. I think my patch could get it too.

I wonder if TORRO will issue another convective discussion or similar?

Edited by Speed67

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Central Bedfordshire, Bedford & Hertfordshire

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

West Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire & Milton Keynes

Valid from - 27 Apr 2012, 12:00

Valid to - 27 Apr 2012, 20:00

Slow-moving thundery showers are expected to develop in places on Friday, bringing localised downpours with hail and thunder.

The public should be aware that given recent wet conditions, these downpours may lead to local flooding on roads and both this and hail could cause tricky travel conditions.

Issued at - 27 Apr 2012, 08:29

The warning isn't over Hertfordshire though. mega_shok.gif

Posted

It looks like GFS has shifted the high pressure further west next week and as a consequence our air will have a colder source. These charts for Friday have Western Scotland as the place to be... Still May is often their best time of year.

So dry, but cooler than yesterdays expectation.

Still plenty of time for change though

post-11059-0-74205200-1335516185_thumb.p

post-11059-0-96650300-1335516193_thumb.p

Edited by Speed67

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

It looks like GFS has shifted the high pressure further west next week and as a consequence our air will have a colder source. These charts for Friday have Western Scotland as the place to be... Still May is often their best time of year.

I will take dryer and colder for a few days....it will be a nice break from swimming to work every morning on the London Commute....

Posted

Oh god I guess we are going to have to endure days of media and TV saying how lovely the weather is in Scotland!

Scotland only have to break the 25c and it's the top news story of the day... Yet 25c don't get a mention in London..

It's like when the scots always complain we can't handle snow, well they cant handle a bit of heat and sunshine - (either that or they have to let the whole world and his wife know)

Booorrree

Posted

MetO update for Sunday .....

An area of heavy rain and strong winds will spread northwards across the southern half of the UK on Sunday. The public should be aware that this may lead to some local flooding given the recent wet conditions, and that north-easterly winds may exceed 50 mph in some locations, bringing the risk of falling trees. There is a chance that this warning may be upgraded to amber over the weekend.

Yellow Alert of Rain for East of England :

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Luton, Norfolk, Peterborough, Essex, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock

Yellow Alert of Rain for London & South East England :

Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Bracknell Forest, Buckinghamshire, Greater London, Milton Keynes, Reading, Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham & Medway

valid from 0000 Sun 29 Apr to 2359 Sun 29 Apr

MetO update for Sunday .....

An area of heavy rain and strong winds will spread northwards across the southern half of the UK on Sunday. The public should be aware that this may lead to some local flooding given the recent wet conditions, and that north-easterly winds may exceed 50 mph in some locations, bringing the risk of falling trees. There is a chance that this warning may be upgraded to amber over the weekend.

Yellow Alert of Rain for East of England :

Bedford, Cambridgeshire, Central Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Luton, Norfolk, Peterborough, Essex, Southend-on-Sea, Suffolk & Thurrock

Yellow Alert of Rain for London & South East England :

Brighton and Hove, East Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Oxfordshire, Portsmouth, Southampton, Surrey, West Berkshire, West Sussex, Bracknell Forest, Buckinghamshire, Greater London, Milton Keynes, Reading, Slough, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham & Medway

valid from 0000 Sun 29 Apr to 2359 Sun 29 Apr

Just seen this on the tv..Looks nasty...And the low to me looks very slow moving!!

Posted

Just seen this on the tv..Looks nasty...And the low to me looks very slow moving!!

Doesn't look nasty to me, just your average very wet and windy day in the united kingdom.

Roll on next week, things starting to dry out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Doesn't look nasty to me, just your average very wet and windy day in the united kingdom.

Roll on next week, things starting to dry out.

Nasty in the sense of local flooding

Posted

Nasty in the sense of local flooding

The Meto gave a warning of local flooding earlier this week for the other low pressure we had. Had no flooding here, I expect the same from this - just a wet blowy miserable day - nothing out the ordinary