Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - June 18th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yes our local police are still looking for her as she never showed her passport, they will be ready next timerofl.gif

Maybe they couldn't catch me blum.gif

Posted

Morning all,

Well it was a very uncomfortable and sticky night here with not much sleep, it's 17.6 °C already with DP 16 °C and 91% humidity so I really hope something goes bang before tonight or I'm going to be a very tired and grumpy bunny by tomorrow huh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Breezy but warm here and overcast. Very muggy night but I slept ok with window wide open. :D Well, wonder what goodies are in store for today. (fingers crossed for everyone)

Maybe they couldn't catch me blum.gif

Reminds me of that Johnny Cash film 'Murder in Coweta County' lol. :D

Posted

Reminds me of that Johnny Cash film 'Murder in Coweta County' lol. biggrin.png

Nagh nonono.gif it was deffo more like Thelma and Louise....

post-10773-0-40821000-1340779965_thumb.j

biggrin.png

....got all excited then because I thought I heard a rumble of thunder but was my neighbour putting out their wheelie bin... I forgot it was rubbish collection day doh.gif

Posted

Nagh nonono.gif it was deffo more like Thelma and Louise....

post-10773-0-40821000-1340779965_thumb.j

biggrin.png

....got all excited then because I thought I heard a rumble of thunder but was my neighbour putting out their wheelie bin... I forgot it was rubbish collection day doh.gif

Lol. I sometimes hear me own stomach rumbling and think...Ey up!! :D Or aeroplanes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I'm not sure I like the possible overnight MCS - generally my area ends of with the claggy remainder which puts the kybosh on anything developing the following day. They only work if they have a particular and very narrow track and time slot nonono.gif

Posted

Well it's starting out muggy here today and things weren't due to get going until tomorrow. Looks like we may just be on the edge of the first phase tonight, fingers crossed!!!

26 degrees forecast yesterday for today (weds), silly Carol now had 22 , one would think with a starting temp in London of 20 degrees at 7am.......that 30 would be achievable today .. and as for the storms ,im still scrating my head as to why most of the action is up North

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Looks like October, feels like June. Confused.com!

Go Compare! ( or maybe not...)

Muggy morning here, with sunshine occasionally breaking through the low cloud.

I don't think I'll be seeing any storms during daylight today - the north of EA looks more favourable, but in this situation, you can never be sure.

Possibly something thundery tonight and then a greater chance tomorrow, as the front pushes through at lunchtime - I'd rather the front was delayed by a few hours though tbh.

Edited by Speed67

Posted

I'm not sure I like the possible overnight MCS - generally my area ends of with the claggy remainder which puts the kybosh on anything developing the following day. They only work if they have a particular and very narrow track and time slot nonono.gif

I can't think I've had anything spectacular in recent years in the morning from one of these, but I can definitely remember several instances earlier in my life - torrential rain / frequent lightning etc. I do know what you mean though. Thundery rain can often just be something that's decaying, with an outside chance of a flash of lightning.

I much preferred the BBC forecast for tomorrow this morning, than was the case yesterday, so I'm now looking forward.biggrin.png

Posted

22.5c and feels very hot that sun has strength..... Feeling humid too..... All doors and windows open....nice slight breeze....

Posted

23c here. Very close and humid. Bright with some sunny intervals amongst the overcast sky.

Posted

Most of the low cloud has gone now from here, but there's a lot of high cloud, which is mostly obscuring the sun.

Posted

been cutting me grass and garden work i,m dripping all ready for the storms to come got bedding plants £1 for 24 £4 off at bq all i need now is some rain!!

Posted

Cloud thickening here. I reckon I might have seen the last of the sun for today.sad.png

I see a heavy shower has flared in the Humber Estuary in the last half hour. A good omen for others.

Edit. Still patches of blue sky on the other side of the building, so maybe I was a pessimist.smile.png

Edited by Speed67

Posted

Just watched Lewis's video on other forum. The charts don't hold out much hope for EA tomorrow. Today will be interesting mind. Again it's wait and see. Very sunny here now and muggy. ;)

Posted

Just watched Lewis's video on other forum. The charts don't hold out much hope for EA tomorrow. Today will be interesting mind. Again it's wait and see. Very sunny here now and muggy. tease.gif

Yes, I think that's all it ultimately is (wait and see). Sun out now here too!

Edited by Speed67

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Just watched Lewis's video on other forum. The charts don't hold out much hope for EA tomorrow. Today will be interesting mind. Again it's wait and see. Very sunny here now and muggy. tease.gif

Don't look at the charts, anything could happen! The amount of times the models show something for the West but in fact shift eastwards is phenomenal

Posted

25.5c very hazy sunshine but very humid..... No breeze now either which isn't helping....wonder how long it'll take for washing to dry? Just had nice refreshing strawberry yoghurt shke with a few ice cubes whizzed in.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Completely clouded over here in South Essex... :( still warm though!!

Posted

No sooner had the sun appeared, then it disappeared behind the shield of high level cloud!dry.png

It looks to me like there are a couple of spiky showers in the Channel, between Dover and Calais, but I'm not 100% sure that I'm trusting the radar image.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

The only time when I enjoy cloud all day, is when it's nice and warm outside, nice weather though but we don't get humid weather often enough.

Edited by BrightInBrighton