Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 26th June 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Will the North East do ..... good.gif

No that won't do, you lot are technically foreigners compared to us London lot rofl.gif ...I should have said South East really :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Answer, because we get even less storms than you do.?

Posted

I'm hopeful of something here, something that worries me is the BBC's and Met Office's forecasts not mentioning anything to do with thunder, in fact the Met Office say 'Strengthening winds carrying bands of heavy rain northwards at first, probably heaviest over the moors and hilly areas' That to me suggests frontal rainfall that is enhanced by high ground (relief rainfall) rather than Mid-level based convection that isn't affected by ground conditions unsure.png

I'm never quick to criticise the Met Office but I'm finding their forecast a bit confusing at the moment, With all that mid level CAPE shown (1,500+) I'm struggling with the concept that if there's heavy rain formed it will not cause any destabilisation of that warm unstable air mass to form some thunderstorms.. I have a feeling the MetO might go down my list of good T-storm forecasters a bit tomorrow, or maybe the charts we are looking at are very wrong, with them knowing unknown factors.. But if they are right I apologise to them for this post.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

south east no storms again haven't had one for a couple of years now dont know why westerners think we r storm capital of the world?

some of us lot hav'nt had one for atleast 5 years

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

No that won't do, you lot are technically foreigners compared to us London lot rofl.gif ...I should have said South East really biggrin.png

LMAO yeah well suppose you have a point although this foreigner is hopeful of a storm or two tomorrow afternoon!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

No need to be like that, I was simply saying..jesus...

sarcastic ****

Kain he was replying to my jokey post, not yours :) Calm down calm down! blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Answer, because we get even less storms than you do.?

The SE gets the most days of thunder of course, but not everyone in the SE will be getting storms galore, just like some in the West will have had some good storms this year and last year.. camiscool is probably just as frustrated as you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

I haven't had one for 10?

Lies...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Advance warning: easterner commenting!

There has already been a storm near here (Grimsby way that is now out over the N Sea) that was commented on here and showed up on NW radar after 16:00. At the same time there were some big cells to the north and northwest but nothing (other than rain I guess) came from them.

The sun has been out all afternoon and the temp reached a max of 24.3°C. Now down to 23.3°C but is still very humid with a DP of 17.8°C. It has been at 18.5°C this afts, which is very high for here.

Off to Bishop's Stortford tomorrow for work for the day. Should be interesting methinks. Will be on here this evening watching developments and am thinking of getting the camera out on the tripod in front of the patio windows (facing South) before I go to bed.

To wait or not to wait, that is the question.....(with apologies to the Bard!).

Edited by Muffelchen

Posted

I can't see classic storms here, but elevated lightning, yes.

If you have to be back by midnight, it'll be too early to see anything i would have thought.

Need to get up on creech hill carpark, on top of the Purbeck hills. Best viewpoint of anywhere.

So sack this eve off and go to the pub then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

No need to be like that, I was simply saying..jesus...

sarcastic ****

It was just a light hearted joke thats all, no reason to be aggressive mate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Kain he was replying to my jokey post, not yours smile.png Calm down calm down! blum.gif

Who exactly mentioned channel 5? Taking the urine simply because I said that channel 5 forecast storms for my area?

Guess we only should bow down to the BBC weather muppets.

Posted

Slightly surprisingly, the clouds have mostly broken here in the West Midlands, to be replaced by some lovely hazy sunshine. Temp is currently 23.1 and rising.

I caught the BBC News 24 forecast a short while ago, they still seem distinctly unconvinced about the storm prospects for much of England tonight & tomorrow - fingers crossed they're hopelessly wrong!

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Hmm not alot happening here this evening, give up on today now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Who exactly mentioned channel 5? Taking the urine simply because I said that channel 5 forecast storms for my area?

Guess we only should bow down to the BBC weather muppets.

There you go Supacell, Channel 5 have jumped on the thunderstorm bandwagon, I expect you'll be setting off about now... biggrin.png

Come on Kain.. you're embarrassing yourself lol

Posted

Can someone please post that image of the lightning map from the spannish plume last year where it showed the whole SE covered in lightning strikes?

Posted

Been out all day and can't be bothered to trawl through many pages of posts - upgrade or downgrade for the East Midlands? Just had a look on BBC Weather - looks significantly different as it was this morning.

Posted

SHHSHH CUMBRIA ENJOY YOUR STORMS YAYYYYYY

P.s get a life blum.gif

well your lying and you know itblum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Come on Kain.. you're embarrassing yourself lol

Not really mate, just don't like the pee taking out of me in a flippent mannor thats all.

We all know Estofex, and such are much more capable of forecasting storms than TV forecasts. I was more posting along the line of them jinxing it for mentioned thunderstorms.

Posted

Is what is approaching the south of Ireland the instability we've been waitin for? Or is that the cold front?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Not really mate, just don't like the pee taking out of me in a flippent mannor thats all.

We all know Estofex, and such are much more capable of forecasting storms than TV forecasts. I was more posting along the line of them jinxing it for mentioned thunderstorms.

Kain no-one is taking the pee out of you! Yes you were referencing C5 forecasting storms in your area, but the joke was Supacell has been umming and ahhing over travelling down to the SW, and with Channel 5 forecasting thunderstorms in the west, that would sway Supacell to jump in his car and travel down. We're lightly knocking Channel 5, if anything :)

No wonder so many posts get deleted in here, it's like some are specifically looking to start an argument!

Is what is approaching the south of Ireland the instability we've been waitin for? Or is that the cold front?

Definitely one to watch :)