Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 26th June 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

There were a few spots of rain earlier and the air/breeze feels fresher than earlier today when it was very humid. Not really expecting anything at all in South Bucks, again :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Well I'm off to do better things than argue about storms :S

If you're still browsing - 10 years does sound a bit unbelievable for others, especially as Kent isn't exactly a bad place to be for storms. Has it just been a combination of bad luck, wrong place wrong time thing? I assume you have actually seen, or at least made an effort to see lightning over the channel. I wonder if you're referencing the fact you haven't had an overhead storm in all that time? Some clarification would be nice, that's all - you can see why it is a surprising statement! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Kain no-one is taking the pee out of you! Yes you were referencing C5 forecasting storms in your area, but the joke was Supacell has been umming and ahhing over travelling down to the SW, and with Channel 5 forecasting thunderstorms in the west, that would sway Supacell to jump in his car and travel down. We're lightly knocking Channel 5, if anything smile.png

No wonder so many posts get deleted in here, it's like some are specifically looking to start an argument!

Definitely one to watch smile.png

To be honest mate thats not how it looked, but I suppose things don't always come across well on forums. So I applogise. I tend to explode when I feel Im having the urine took out of me smile.png

Edited by Kain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Er guys, come on now, we are all getting discombobulated by all these conflicting forecasts. We may all get a surprise later. Who knows. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Not really mate, just don't like the pee taking out of me in a flippent mannor thats all.

We all know Estofex, and such are much more capable of forecasting storms than TV forecasts. I was more posting along the line of them jinxing it for mentioned thunderstorms.

I don't think anyone was trying to take the pee out of you, i certainly wasn't. Merely trying to have a bit of laugh in the forum, and not at your expense. It was more laughing at me regarding whether or not to drive hundreds of miles or not, but i dont mind people having a laugh with me - its part of life.

Lets park this now and continue to enjoy the anticipation/confusion regarding thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow. I am too old to be arguing over such things.

Oh cr&p, better but something OT.... will be interesting to see what the experts are thinking given the latest 12z suite. I'll switch channel 5 on now :p

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather.

The metoffice had forecast dry conditions and cloud for here all day, but from pretty much 6am(I was up early for the torch lol) Its been pretty sunny, we've even had the odd rumble and some very heavy ppn. So im hoping they are wrong again tomorrow.

Sure I just heard another rumble unless Im going mad.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

I don't think anyone was trying to take the pee out of you, i certainly wasn't. Merely trying to have a bit of laugh in the forum, and not at your expense. It was more laughing at me regarding whether or not to drive hundreds of miles or not, but i dont mind people having a laugh with me - its part of life.

Lets park this now and continue to enjoy the anticipation/confusion regarding thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow. I am too old to be arguing over such things.

See above mate, I jumped the gun abit and for that I apologised :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter cold blasts, snowy Summer hot sultry thunderstorms

The metoffice had forecast dry conditions and cloud for here all day, but from pretty much 6am(I was up early for the torch lol) Its been pretty sunny, we've even had the odd rumble and some very heavy ppn. So im hoping they are wrong again tomorrow.

no u heard right just started up again near immingham and its travelling east so should go over the top of u again matty,,

Posted

Probably is thunder, there are some sferics heading out into the North Sea currently.

Seems to have kicked off across northern Ireland, narrow line of very intense rain and Sferics

Posted

See above mate, I jumped the gun abit and for that I apologised smile.png

Thats cool mate :)

Alex Deakin on News 24 did not mention thunder once in his forecast. I know they play their cards close to their chests but not usually this much. Then again, i remember in the days of all night storms (before the existence of internet charts etc) there were a few occasions where i was awoken by thunder and lightning having heard no mention on the forecasts. Had netweather been around then though, it probably wouldn't have been a surprise.

Posted

That's the MCS forecast for the Irish Sea/Northwest areas for overnight. The loop from 1530-1730 has it taking the modelled path more interesting however is the sferics being reported in N.Ireland at this time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

After the last few pages of mainly drivel, can we please stick to the title of the thread which reads as follows.

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 26th June 2012

Now has that got the select few's attention as I was kind of getting bored of the blame game.

Here's the latest radar for folks without acccess at the moment. good.gif

post-7183-0-86270500-1340817969_thumb.gi

Thankyou kindly.

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

The fact the MetOffice haven't said anything yet, makes me wonder... one year on do they want egg on there face? NOPE!! It's a near exact repeat of last year, same time of the day, same sort of cape conditions... and bugger all happened.

The fact they have said nothing makes me realise, that something may go bang down here tonight. Let's just hope it ain't my Mum's cooking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

So you want us to talk about what happened yesterday? Today is the 27th, LOL.

Only joacking. May be it would be a good idea to start a new thread for tonight and tomorrow's potential though?

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Evening forecast no storms for us anyway. Any Thundery storm in the west and then well to the north of us.

At the moment there's a good tower go up well to the east of us so someone could well be lucky.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

anyone relaise it will be exactly one year tommorow since 'el gordo' last year!! happened on the 28th June!!! I had to get up early today as it as getting to hot in my room. Fingers crossed that everyone gets something tomorrow/today. :D good luck!

Posted

Has anyone else in the southeast noticed the amount of dust in the air?

I had my car valeted yesterday and today it looks like I shouldn't have bothered!!!!

I've noticed this several times when the air is unstable!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Evening forecast no storms for us anyway. Any Thundery storm in the west and then well to the north of us.

At the moment there's a good tower go up well to the east of us so someone could well be lucky.

Can see towering clouds to my E too

Posted

I had my car valeted yesterday and today it looks like I shouldn't have bothered!!!!

I think it has something to do with the Air quality... More Pollen and Pollution around. Correct me if someone does know aha!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

So sack this eve off and go to the pub then?

I probably would, i'm gonna do the pub thing myself. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

It thundered in Norwich June 28th last year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Saharan dust from the plume, maybe? Could be wrong though :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Apparently it's from a dust storm in the Sahara. our local forecaster mentioned it on twitter in response to someone asking a similar question.

Ian Fergusson â€@fergieweather

Indeed frm Saharan dust storms earlier in week... dust entrained at mid-levels and drawn north;

Edited by Chris K