Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 28th June 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Make the most of the third storm - I think this'll be the last. I can see lots of white stratus and pale blue sky to my west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, stormy summers and snowy winters please.

After some lovely storms and nice, warm sunshine, I get a call to say my 7 year old cat has not woken up from the anaesthetic, absolutely distraught...

So sorry to hear about this. He/she will always be in your heart though. xxx

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

I dont even know where it is? Thought cells would be popping up all over the front.

Looking at the radar cells are fireing just to the north of manchester in a line all the way up to newcastle. Isnt that where it is?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

The cold front seems to be a hell of alot slower than forecast. Im waiting to see if anything fires up on it as it moves east.

We can but hope eh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Anyone explain to me how the lightning detector and all these graphs show thousands of strikes over my area yet i didnt see one? They cant all have been up in the atmosphere can they? Sorry to keep asking this im just really curious i really dont know much about this?

Anyone explain to me how the lightning detector and all these graphs show thousands of strikes over my area yet i didnt see one? They cant all have been up in the atmosphere can they? Sorry to keep asking this im just really curious i really dont know much about this?

I don't know the answer to this as we are only a few miles away from you and had lots of thunder and lightning.

Posted

Constant flickering to my south and torrential rain has started again. Plenty of forked lightning too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather.

Looking at the radar cells are fireing just to the north of manchester in a line all the way up to newcastle. Isnt that where it is?

Thats what I thought, but I thought it was a bit small, thought it would be more south aswell.

Posted

Makes sense. The sky is dark to my North and East and everything gets going as they move North of me. I'm so angry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, stormy summers and snowy winters please.

Could do with either something kicking off here or for the cold front to move through as it is very humid and close here. Breathing is hard work in this humidity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

not my video, but a great one I found on youtube of the storm in Newcastle. The thunder is awesome!

Also general pictures of the storms around Leicester collected here, conveniently smile.pnghttp://storify.com/t...eicestershire-2

Here - the sun is out! biggrin.png

WOW never heard thunder like tha before

Posted

I'm pretty sure this is the cold front - the temperature has began to fall. Tons of lightning for the time being, the storms are almost moving S-N now.

Posted

Epic downpour in this part of Wigan just before 4 , apart from a couple of deep rumbles as the storm approached it was mostly high level thunder, saw no visible flashes, the rain was something else though with flash flooding on the main roads, looks like a few houses might be damaged with floodwater

Posted

INCREDIBLE!! 3 consecutive CG strikes, all with a second of each other! My ears hurt now lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

After some lovely storms and nice, warm sunshine, I get a call to say my 7 year old cat has not woken up from the anaesthetic, absolutely distraught...

That's awful.....sorry for the loss Slowpoke

Posted

Still 28 degrees in London but feels SOOOOOOO much fresher in the last hour or so. Dew point has dropped from 22c down to 13c and the skies are turning clear blue.

I would have suffocated if the south east Sauna had lasted any longer.

Posted

This storm has reminded me why I will move to the tropics one day ;)

Where 26C dew points are king.

The blue sky to my west has gone, and has been replaced with a grey cloud giving off occasional lightning. Most of the action is over Byker this time round judging from where the lightning is striking.

Edited by Alza

Posted

I'm pretty sure this is the cold front - the temperature has began to fall. Tons of lightning for the time being, the storms are almost moving S-N now.

That's the storms down drafts, the cold front isn't here yet.

Posted

not my video, but a great one I found on youtube of the storm in Newcastle. The thunder is awesome!

Also general pictures of the storms around Leicester collected here, conveniently smile.pnghttp://storify.com/t...eicestershire-2

Here - the sun is out! biggrin.png

WOW, sounds just like the storms we had last sept in florida, would love something like that here later, had nothing but blue skies here, and this awful humidity, o well heres hoping xx wallbash.gifcc_confused.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I can't say whether this is genuine or not, but it's doing the rounds on Twitter.

Sleaford in Lincolnshire.

34o4qkz.jpg

Posted

had a huge rotating storm here around 4pm ish, can anyone let me know if they have radar etc.. of the lincolnshire area at that time, i have never seen cloud rotation like it, and i'm 99% certain there was a funnel in it, but i want someone with more knowledge, better radar skills to confirm what i saw

thankyou

Posted

Still very warm and humid here... Could be something possible later on, but not very likely.

Posted

Omg the lightning is pretty much over head again now! Is this round 4!?

EDIT - even more sirens going off, there are certainly downsides to this weather.

Edited by Alza

Posted

had a huge rotating storm here around 4pm ish, can anyone let me know if they have radar etc.. of the lincolnshire area at that time, i have never seen cloud rotation like it, and i'm 99% certain there was a funnel in it, but i want someone with more knowledge, better radar skills to confirm what i saw

thankyou

Whereabouts in Lincolnshire?