Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 28th June 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Didnt even get a rumble from the best thunderstorm set up in years, i give up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Why where there no storms in south east today? what conditions stopped it but allowed them to develop on the other side of the channel?

A strong cap and no forcing mechanism

Posted

Why where there no storms in south east today? what conditions stopped it but allowed them to develop on the other side of the channel?

no trigger here in the S-east :(

could do with it being fresher - off on a 10k trail run in 1 hr :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

no trigger here in the S-east sad.png

could do with it being fresher - off on a 10k trail run in 1 hr sad.png

Take plenty of water, as much as you can carry! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

The supercell that tracked just south of Sleaford was a proper Classic Supercell imo. Flying Eagle presentation on Radar even having increased reflectivity in the hook echo. (I'm not gonna scream debris ball as in most cases I think it's a different mechanic which causes the increase in reflectivity in this area of the storm). Reports seem to indiate it was on the ground from Swarby to Ewerby at the very least with the radar looking pretty good from South of Grantham so I'd be unsurprised if it was on the ground before then. Not sure if it's the same storm as the one which dropped the big hail in Leicester as there were a few storms following similar paths today..

post-1731-0-66292600-1340906698_thumb.jp

Posted

Thank god that stopped in time, at my grandmas and it's flooded the street under 2 foot of water...

Didn't expect the storms to hang around that long, feel sorry for people's homes and business's being wrecked... The Swan in Heworth is flooded to first floor height 7/8 foot.

Absolutely epic.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

The sunderland cam now shows the front to the SE which is still over Hartlepool.

http://www.sunderland.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=3382

Posted

The supercell that tracked just south of Sleaford was a proper Classic Supercell imo. Flying Eagle presentation on Radar even having increased reflectivity in the hook echo. (I'm not gonna scream debris ball as in most cases I think it's a different mechanic which causes the increase in reflectivity in this area of the storm). Reports seem to indiate it was on the ground from Swarby to Ewerby at the very least with the radar looking pretty good from South of Grantham so I'd be unsurprised if it was on the ground before then. Not sure if it's the same storm as the one which dropped the big hail in Leicester as there were a few storms following similar paths today..

post-1731-0-66292600-1340906698_thumb.jp

I live just a few miles from Ewerby, and at the time that's when we were getting hail the size of 50p, The conditions were atrocious and we are just seeing the last of the flood water draining away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

Impressive video of a tornado near Sleaford. Apologies if this has already been posted: http://www.sleafordstandard.co.uk/news/local/breaking-news-tornado-hits-sleaford-area-video-1-4001325

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Incredible pictures on Facebook from my mates! I had an inch of water in the garage but no other damage - looks like heaton and walker came off second best tonight!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

A strong cap and no forcing mechanism

thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Proper Brummie accent in that video!

Nothing but a beautiful sunny dy here. Can't believe it the first anniversary of El Gordo.

Hope all of you affected by flooding stay safe and as little damage as possible is done.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I'm creating an archive on NW of all storm footage & stills from today....So I would be really grateful if you can post any footage here for me ----------> http://forum.netweat...ootage-2862012/

Thanks in advance

AJ smile.png

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

It still feels quite sultry here, and I can see some towers shooting up to my west now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Think i give up in hull now, nice view of the cell to the north and a few to the south but cant see anything happening here

Posted

It still feels quite sultry here, and I can see some towers shooting up to my west now.

lol. Still very cloudy here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Havent got time to go through the threads to see what has been said but OMG what a day. Thunderstorms galore, not many bolts (although there were a few) but loads of IC lightning and thunder. The interesting thing though is i saw marble sized hail, if not slightly bigger, torrential rain and very strong winds - infact i need to check up on this but the way things were being blown around it could have been a tornado. Cars were stopped at the side of the road (me included) in awe at the severity of the storm. I was near to Horncastle at the time! Lots of flooding and a telegraph pole had its wires left just dangling. Was difficult to film outside of the car because the whole thing was wrapped in rain, but got some good footage i hope from inside my vehicle. Great cloud structures from earlier too :)

Now just south of the Humber and considering crossing and heading towards Bridlington to catch the line of storms just north of York northwards. I am getting tired, but i have more left in me yet :D

Will post footage tomorrow.

Posted

Proper severe thunderstorms today looking at the footage - strong convective downdrafts, golfball-sized hail, tornadic supercells.... Amazing.

You could see many days in advance that today looked special given the CAPE, moisture and favourable shear environment combo.

and a few upgrades nearer the time, we don't usually see that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I was worried for my car at some points, until you are driving through such hail you cannot understand how loud it is. It feels like your windscreen is going to pop!

Anyone think the storms across the NE will continue for a couple more hours so i can get some more footage :)