Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 28th June 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

cold front seems to arriving here shortly hopefully tried to read chart but lousy at it , In coventry by the way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Newbold Verden in Leicestershire looks to have been hit...

https://twitter.com/...2153856/photo/1

Ironically there's just been a flypast of tornado jets over London.

Edited by multi cellular thunderstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

On Twitter it was the Bardon Hill Police who reported the report of the Tornado in Hinckley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Well folks that's about it for the potential here today. Nothing yet again and the wait goes on. Good to see other, previously storm starved, individuals get something though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

I guess it is out in the irish sea but where ever it is its blo*dy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Second storm just left brum there was lightning with it,i think they were i.c thunder was verry loud.

Posted

Latest radar looks interesting for some rotation indeedy, to the E of Nottingham

1nxqnc.png

That looks a serious Candidate for a HP Supercell for sure, anybody around there get any pictures so we can confirm this ??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Blo*dy good

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Storm just popped up east of cheltenham.

Posted

Hell of a lightning strike in the DN7 area just on 12pm (I'm on my lunch now), really close CG hit, followed by what sounded like someone discharging a shotgun in my ear... Lovely stormy morning though. :D

Posted

How on earth have i managed to miss anything half decent? Seriously? Plain bloody rain atm, is there any hope yet for this area. You look forward to it for days and nothing comes of it. The bbc weather sitehas heavy and thundery showers from 3 till 6 tonight, so I don't know?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

That looks a serious Candidate for a HP Supercell for sure, anybody around there get any pictures so we can confirm this ??

Looks like a splitter Paul, or possible right turner......nice tight hook just to the SE of Newark....yep, definite HP supercell signature IMHO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Looks like a splitter Paul, or possible right turner......nice tight hook just to the SE of Newark....yep, definite HP supercell signature IMHO

How do you define the signature? Noob hat is on :)

Posted

Oh dear seems like the storms have brought down Arnie Pie's Brumcam! see comments below the image. http://www.brumcam.co.uk/

A very active cell with lots of strikes looks like it's going to pass just to the NW of Stafford.. Also very active SE of Birmingham now, also north of N Wales.. and the cell that passed near Nottingham is still quite active.. and a few others dotted about. All in all not a bad day for the UK.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, strong wind, heavy snow

Well folks that's about it for the potential here today. Nothing yet again and the wait goes on. Good to see other, previously storm starved, individuals get something though!

I'm with you mansorry.gif bugger all here apart from 1 distant rumble earlier and now everything is heading East or North East and missing me completely. I can't describe how I feel else I'd probably get banned!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

Another twitter report of a tornado in Leicestershire, Newtown Linford, not sure where that is in relation to the last place.

Posted

I have NEVER seen hail like this in my life. I'm 38 years old! How on earth do you attach a picture on this forum these days??, it used to be so easy!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I'm with you mansorry.gif bugger all here apart from 1 distant rumble earlier and now everything is heading East or North East and missing me completely. I can't describe how I feel else I'd probably get banned!

Sod all here as well....haven't even had the solitary rumble you got. As much as you clearly hate me Mother Nature....I hate you even more. Oh and thanks for the light shower by the way bad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Ha, what winds me up is the stuff over Wales has been going due north and thus missing me, yet the stuff which has hit the midlands has had too much easterly drift. Effectively this has opened up a stormless corridor.....and guess who's in the middle of it!

Edited by CreweCold