Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 28th June 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

That was the view out of my window looking in S/SE towards what I thought was perhaps the Leicester storm around 45 minutes ago. Can we upload videos? - Presume they have to go through youtube?

post-10778-0-98704200-1340886999_thumb.j

post-10778-0-14631700-1340887078_thumb.j

post-10778-0-09299900-1340887167_thumb.j

Edited by Radders

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Been lots of thunder and high based lightning around Newark to Lincoln, but no CG's which is disappointing. Some great cloud structures recently too just north of Lincoln.

That Leicester storm could be heading into Lincolnshire - any chance it will hold or is it likely to fizzle? Any help would be great as i am out chasing and dont know whether to head towards the Humber or try and intercept the Leicester cell :)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Watched a storm go over north coventry which produced some medium sized hail, but what was most impressive was the low level cloud heading South West into the Storm. That is a lot of potential low level vorticity if it was inflow, but it looked to me like the storm was a right turner. Would advise caution around this storm, which seems to be heading towards South Leicester (potential Tornado). I think this might be seperate to existing reports.

Golf ball sized according to my Aunt, probably exaggerating, hope my uncle got some in the freezer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Radar looks disappointing here at the moment. Really could do with something stormy developing SW of here during the next few hours before the cold front puts a lid on everything. The storms around the NW'ern coasts look great but won't be affecting here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Nothing here yet although blackpool is getting battered so where's my storm?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

don't know if the link will work but here's someones video of the Hinckley hail

Blimey. Has someone placed the MIDlands in the MIDwest??? :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

don't know if the link will work but here's someones video of the Hinckley hail

Thats amazing for the UK !"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Developing storm to the SW of Newcastle just appeared on the radar, probably over Rownlands Gill or Consett. I expect to hear thunder soon!

Posted

Stu Robinson reporting Significant Building damage in Leicestershire from a possible Strong Tornado.

The parameters have been there all day for a Significant Tornado and Large Hail including Supercells, just do not know why the BBC Did not put out warnings for this eventuality!

I agree, and I don't criticize the Met Office for most things, but All this going on and notable storms expected for days on sites like this, Even forecasters tweets showing they knew of the risk, and it took the MetO until this morning to just issue a 'yellow warning' which is still there is in place now?

On another note I'm getting somewhere with my film from last night, but it all seems rather tame now! Shall be uploaded sometime later.

Posted

Looks similar to the hailstorm I experienced in Coventry in June 2006.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Getting some strong gusts of wind now, and the sky is jet black to my SW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Pretty disappointing, managed to dodge every one of them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Nothing here yet although blackpool is getting battered so where's my storm?

We won't see anything today now on Merseyside or Cheshire. Today was our best chance. That's it for another year I'm afraid mate!

Posted

Thundering again and very dark to my west as yet another cell comes close, but like the previous one seems to be skirting by.

Edited by nimbus20

Posted

Fresh out the camera so haven't had time to clean up the images yet. First pic is the anvilhead with mammatus. At this time thunder was observed at a near continuous rate. Around 1pm'ish.

post-8763-0-85945100-1340887331_thumb.jp

Second is the cell with banding-like features taken approx 20 mins ago 1.20pm.

post-8763-0-66871200-1340887444_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Nothing happening this far north and west damn it! Kicking off over South Cumbria and inland locations now. Just moderate rainfall here making for a miserable day! :(

Skies look like clearing from the west, it's looking much brighter and should be a decent end to the day... :)

Posted

Back home, given up on work today, impossible in this torrential rain. Had a few rumbles of thunder but nothing extreme. Rains easing off now, hoping thats not it?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Hot and sunny here lol. :( No chance anymore.

I was hoping the cold front would cause something but it seems pretty damn quiet

Posted

Here's one for the album, smack bang in the middle of England. Not going to please everyone, but certainly quite a few today!!!

post-6667-0-00924900-1340887658_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, strong wind, heavy snow

We won't see anything today now on Merseyside or Cheshire. Today was our best chance. That's it for another year I'm afraid mate!

I wish I could see the funny side to that but it's probably true for uscray.gif. 6 Years since my last storm. Feel totally violated and cheated today by the weather after being so confident.