Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 28th June 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Where was that?

I don't know, they didn't give a description on Twitter. My guess is somewhere in Leicestershire. I've never seen so many large hail pictures appear from this country in my life!

A BBC journalist .. Rozina Sini took the pic.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

I don't know, they didn't give a description on Twitter. My guess is somewhere in Leicestershire. I've never seen so many large hail pictures appear from this country in my life!

Hinckley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, strong wind, heavy snow

I find it quite strange the lack of pics, videos or comments from Leicester and Birmingham and the worst affected areas. Maybe they are having power cuts with all the lightning and flooding, hope they are safe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

There are some very black clouds bubbling around here now... bodes well for some more storm action yet I think.

Posted

Just glad i'm at Barn Farm camping tomorrow for the Waddo airshow. Saying that however I just had a 30min kip and a developing cell starting to take shape nearby.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

25au32e.jpg

Rumours are circulating of a loud-mouthed Yank in the vicinity of Leicester, so if the photo is panned out, does the hand belong to this person? laugh.png

post-4149-0-20318400-1340892327_thumb.jp

Posted

Rumbles of thunder yet again from a sky that is already overcast and becoming darker; Looks like my location is in the path of that rapidly encroaching large cell to the SW of me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Best bet now for NE England areas like here is the southern edge of the storms in Lancashire and Chester to maintain their intensity as they track NE wards during the rest of this afternoon. A long shot, but that's my last straw to cling on to now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Sunny again here - back up to 22C. Thunderstorms are creeping into western Northumberland now.

Best bet now for NE England areas like here is the southern edge of the storms in Lancashire and Chester to maintain their intensity as they track NE wards during the rest of this afternoon. A long shot, but that's my last straw to cling on to now!

Indeed. Actually, as the trough or cold front (not sure which it is!) moves eastwards it seems to be pepping up, especially on the southern end. I've certainly got my fingers crossed for something.

Posted

We got a corker of a storm..................to the west of glasgow it looks like :p Surprised at how we not had anything (yet)

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

You would think some of our members had nabbed the hail/ floods/ TL images or videos?

Posted

This..

25au32e.jpg

Plus this..

It's all fun and games until someone loses a window. 7cm Hail reported in the Midlands/Leics

post-8763-0-07321000-1340892675_thumb.jp

= ohmy.png

Didn't know I had accidentally found a Midwest forum that looks just like the NW forum! laugh.png

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, strong wind, heavy snow

You would think some of our members had nabbed the hail/ floods/ TL images or videos?

Aye, I reckon they might be having trouble with power though cause I'm sure we'd have seen a lot more pics and vids by now and I haven't noticed anyone from the hardest hit areas posting.search.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm a bit gutted i didn't see any lightning/rain etc ..

But after seeing those reports of hail, i'm glad i didn't get that here. I have a fantastic garden and a pond, it would have beaten all my plants and pond lilys to pieces, like it did in the 80's. Quite a saddening experience to see that happen. good.gif

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Been looking at this and the others 50 miles east of me all day, to say I feel cheated is an understatement.

post-131-0-13020300-1340892994_thumb.jpg

Same lol, all we've had is a bit of heavy rain. And just as it's beginning to get more active, its moving away!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

First casulty? Man near Ludlow was killed after he was swept away in flood waters this morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

the sun is out, daytime heating is kicking in, and yes, more cells are now firing in the west midlands good.gif