Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 28th June 2012>

Coast

Posted

Looks possible for a direct hit here in the next 5-10 minutes.

Constant thunder rumbling in the distance for the last 10 minutes and it's going very black

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Well the surface CF is already through the SW Midlands, so I doubt you will see anything as I keep saying.

are you sure?.....satellite imagery infers the CF currently stretching through MId-Ireland, grazing the western tip of wales into cornwall.....the elevated storms that fired this morning were due to the moist plume destabilizing and the current storms over the east midlands are due to a pre-frontal thundery trough increasing the destablizing process....Dew points are still very high throughout most of the UK, only cornwall and SW ireland are showing dewpoints back in the low teens...The reason IMO why the radar is clear to the west & SW of the midlands is to mid & low level detritus left over from the earlier storms....I stand to be corrected however.....and low/mid level Cu field is now breaking up over Wales due to diurnal heating so a 2nd round of convection may well initiate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Torrential rain!!

Posted

Another possible HP Supercell near Leicester, Torro just posted a picture of this on Facebook showing the inflow area and where the rotation will be and also the track which goes very close to Grantham!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

AJ you've just made my Day!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

are you sure?.....satellite imagery infers the CF currently stretching through MId-Ireland, grazing the western tip of wales into cornwall.....the elevated storms that fired this morning were due to the moist plume destabilizing and the current storms over the east midlands are due to a pre-frontal thundery trough increasing the destablizing process....Dew points are still very high throughout most of the UK, only cornwall and SW ireland are showing dewpoints back in the low teens...The reason IMO why the radar is clear to the west & SW of the midlands is to mid & low level detritus left over from the earlier storms....I stand to be corrected however.....and low/mid level Cu field is now breaking up over Wales due to diurnal heating so a 2nd round of convection may well initiate

I agreee Re Cold front. Still humid but fresher here to an extent. However models did show the instability leaving this region by about now.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Much lower temperatures in the West Midlands now suggests the really warm, humid air is displaced NE.

Edited by TonyH

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Still very muggy not cleared the air at all. Aj I didnt think we was inline for anything, but ready what you just wrote we could see convection kicking off again abit later.

We are being spoiled!

On a side note, time to spare a thought who has lost property and possessions with these supercells. We all love a good storm here, but we must remain aware what some people are going though :(

Posted

Suddenly gone very dark here. Looks like we are in the firing line from a potent-looking cell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Much lower temperatures in the West Midlands now suggests the really warm, humid air is displaced NE.

Whilst it feels a bit fresher Id say the lower temperatures are because the sun hasnt had a chance to shine yet! :lol:

Still quite humid here and dewpoints close to the actual temperature near 21c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Some PPN (Albeit slight currently ) now appearing in the far SW just where the CF is currently....

So, Im still standing by my hopes smile.png

ukisobar.jpg

post-182-0-47901800-1340889293_thumb.png

Posted

Another possible HP Supercell near Leicester, Torro just posted a picture of this on Facebook showing the inflow area and where the rotation will be and also the track which goes very close to Grantham!

Looks like that storm will come very close to my location

Posted

Very potent but Isolated small storm in Northern France. Large swathe of 250mm/hr plus rainfall in that little cluster.

Posted

Two different views who should i believe?!? Is there any chance of more storms firing up south/sw of midlands and psuhing in later or is the risk very minimal???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

The sun is back out here and it is still very warm and humid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

After really hot sunshine just having a heavy hail shower here.Nothing on radar though!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Are those storms in Cumbria not the cold front? The rain has stopped here, but the temperature has dropped to 19C and it has gone foggy! The storms in Cumbria are building east, but I fear they will move too far north too quickly to affect me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Temperatures went from 22c to 17c here within a very short space of time, it's gone cloudy and feels quite cool now. :(

Posted

Had some torrential rain here but no thunder/lightning as of yet, over the lakes looks exciting they look to be stealing all our weather atm blum.gif