Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 28th June 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow

Sun is comming out here now :D

Posted

These are incredible Storms for the Uk. Supacell I would not normally worry against core punching in the Uk but with 3.5" Hail having been reported with some of these Supercells today tread careful on the road between Lincoln and Sleaford, just depends on wether you dont mind your car being damaged I suppose. Cap is being broken further south now as well, a cell has gone up near Chelmsford, this could track into Western Parts of Suffolk and Norfolk and could become very dangerous also!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

Has anyone noticed the cells over northern france on the edge of our radar ? - just a mass of solid white on raintoday

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

These are incredible Storms for the Uk. Supacell I would not normally worry against core punching in the Uk but with 3.5" Hail having been reported with some of these Supercells today tread careful on the road between Lincoln and Sleaford, just depends on wether you dont mind your car being damaged I suppose. Cap is being broken further south now as well, a cell has gone up near Chelmsford, this could track into Western Parts of Suffolk and Norfolk and could become very dangerous also!

Could we see some action in the SE later Paul?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder

I know driving through some of the hail this morning in Shropshire, was the first time I actually felt a bit concerned in the UK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

The Cold Front was timed to pass through Gloucestershire about noon so it must have passed by now surely.

All forecasts pointing a warm, dry afternoon/evening in the SW apart from an isolated shower. Winds freshening overnight from the SW.

It's crossing Cornwall/Devon now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Has anyone noticed the cells over northern france on the edge of our radar ? - just a mass of solid white on raintoday

Any chance as things progress that these "might" drift up to give the S.E a taster of what's going on today further north?

Posted

exactly what i was wondering

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Im actually trapped in lincoln atm :(

Posted

Could we see some action in the SE later Paul?

Not that hopeful tbh, we are too far away from where the better forcing for ascent was for today, hence an almost loaded gun scenario with no trigger, all that juice and no gun to fire off!

Never say never though, as things might change later on today if something stray can move up from France or off the Cold Front.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Not that hopeful tbh, we are too far away from where the better forcing for ascent was for today, hence an almost loaded gun scenario with no trigger, all that juice and no gun to fire off!

Never say never though, as things might change later on today if something stray can move up from France or off the Cold Front.

Sorry for an IMBY herte but how about the NE and Northumberland later?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A little light rain showers here now but still very humid. DP is 21c in Birmingham!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Sunny and v breezy here, cloud has started to build but it's flat and has no purpose apart from spitting out the odd fat raindrop. hey ho, back to the sunshine and hanging out the washing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

There's a massive cell building outside my back door across the field.I think the cap may of been broken.Wow, if that turns into a storm ...... lol

Yepo, LOTS of VERY big clouds now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Floods...

More storms breeding north Midlands and north Wales (Chester to Shrewsbury and Stoke on Trent and East) - no sferics yet. Another area to keep an eye on for areas to the east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Well that was a nice thundery shower. 3 rumbles but some very heavy rain. Now the sun has come back out again. Hoping for some more.

Posted

got to say if we look at the isle of wight radar it is off the scale at the moment it really is. showing 800 strikes a minute

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

it still looks pretty dark to my west

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

25au32e.jpg

Where was that?