Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 28th June 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Meanwhile in the hot,humid and silent SE I've been wondering where all the convection is in France? All that CAPE and nothing to show for it, then I saw what's happened in Rouen in the last hour...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe thunderstorms, strong wind, heavy snow

Quite a potent looking cell just popped up over Huddersfield with 2 strikes detected, not quite sure if I will catch anything from it or which direction it is heading though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

I am confused with the posts re the CF etc where is it>?? Are people saying that it could go bang when the CF goes through? If thats the case why are people (including me) writing the afternoon off already?

Would be nice to know which areas are likely to be affected this afternoon and evening though if anyone with a bit more expertise can have a stab at?

Edited by Paul-Michael

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Wind has really picked up here and it's clouded over significantly. I did think this was the cold front going through but if it's across Cornwall and stretching north it can't be. Nothing on the radar though around here.

Posted

Not something you see every day. Huge storm has exploded in northern France, the rainfall intensity is in excess of 200mm/hr!

http://i.imgur.com/n8sqV.png

http://i.imgur.com/iRzqq.png

Out of interest, why is the south of the UK remaining dry and hot?

Edited by Tom D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frosty, Foggy, Cold, Snowy, Windy, Thunder

Would be nice if something happened here in Hitchin, far to hummid. Really need something to break the air! Not that I would enjoy a single second of a storm you understand :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

South of Lincoln heading towards Sleaford. Will i catch the supercell?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS. Just had a torrential shower, then the sun came out and i've just heard 2 distant rumbles of thunder to my south west. Get IIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!

Posted

It's still really warm and muggy here. Temp at 20c, Dew Point 19.8c, Humidity 99% with a slight Easterly breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

have you seen this Hook!

post-1325-0-03240400-1340890253.jpg

Edited by crashlanding

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather.

have you seen this Hook!

Just about to mention that, blimey that looks strong! That cell heading my way hope it keeps its intesity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

There's a massive cell building outside my back door across the field.I think the cap may of been broken.Wow, if that turns into a storm ...... lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

If anyone in west yorkshire wants to join me i have a large bottle of scotch and dont want to cry by myself..........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Those storms around Leicester heading up just south of Lincoln look very serius indeed! I'm almost, almost thankful we've missed the severe stuff here. I think on balance though I'd rather be under the supercell :D

Posted

If anyone in west yorkshire wants to join me i have a large bottle of scotch and dont want to cry by myself..........

Tell me about it Paul, it couldn't have gone any worse for us so far today. Storms to the North East South and West and we are stuck right in middle with nothing more than a few short showers.

Posted

Sun poppin in and out now Paul so hold on the scotch.... Might brew something up otherwise I'll be round...tongue.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

The Cold Front was timed to pass through Gloucestershire about noon so it must have passed by now surely.

All forecasts pointing a warm, dry afternoon/evening in the SW apart from an isolated shower. Winds freshening overnight from the SW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Warm, drizzly & very humid here...classic warm sector weather....Instability looks to be on the wane in the west but here still 1000j/kg of surface cape to tap into....just need this stratoform field over Wales to break, as indeed it is, and convection may well initiate when the CF aids forcing & passes through....It is more likely to occur further east IMO but there is a sniff...Indeed a new cell near Evesham, Gloucs has just fired up with cells firing over north Wales.......There is a divergent surface wind field though through mid Wales progged by the NMM model for this time period, thus hindering any forcing through LL Convergence.......Anyhoos, I'm rambling on so my advice is to keep on radar watching smile.png