Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 28th June 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

hoping for this cold front to pass through / move into coventry any ETA guys sorry cannot read charts

Edited by Gordon Webb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

new cell firing almost overhead, large raindrops and a couple of rumbles moving quickly NE

Posted

Moderate rain falling here accompanied by rumbles of thunder every now and then Haven;t observed any lightnihg though. Main activity to the west of me, with the whole system moving NNE.

Had a small storm here yesterday afternoon. Not much in the way of thunder, but the rainfall was torrential causing some flooding

Posted

Frequent lightening and thunder but no rain!

(it's just to the west over the sea atm)

Edited by Slowpoke

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Nasty cell about to hit Coventry.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the stormier the better...

Ha, what winds me up is the stuff over Wales has been going due north and thus missing me, yet the stuff which has hit the midlands has had too much easterly drift. Effectively this has opened up a stormless corridor.....and guess who's in the middle of it!

Yep, in that corridor too. The radar picture is just soul destroying. Stuff going off the NW, NE and SE of us, and its all moving away.

Posted

Coventry very dark:

http://bws.users.netlink.co.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

AAAAAAA it's hit blackpool. Anything for me then.

Posted

Nasty cell about to hit Coventry.

That went just to the west of me few rumbles of thunder and a little rain but from the distance the centre of the storm looked like it was very dark and pretty beefy!

Edited by Glocken93

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

If i dont get any T&L from this i am going to be F%$^***^%&$£$%£"

Posted

Another thunderless shower here, looks like the majority of the instability is being sucked up east and west. Off to work I go!

Posted

Take cover Gordon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Cold front gone through here now- gone from being foggy to brilliant sunshine.

Edited by philglossop

Posted

Very happy to be under my 3rd storm of the day, first this morning in Wolves then a furhter 2 in Coleshill to the NW of Brum, hearing lots of reports of flooding in and around the 'Greater' Birmingham area and some of downed tress in North Wolves.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Thank god for that Slowpoke

Posted

Got some clear skies just to the south of me now, but I can see the tops of the storms to the south towering up, and the stuff to the SW coming this way.

Posted

Very happy to be under my 3rd storm of the day, first this morning in Wolves then a furhter 2 in Coleshill to the NW of Brum, hearing lots of reports of flooding in and around the 'Greater' Birmingham area and some of downed tress in North Wolves.

NE of Brum actually!