Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The North Of England Regional Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

I'm not paying for radar updates!

Babestation on the other 'hand' air_kiss.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

That trough sitting in the North Sea is probably our best shot, there could be a more prolonged spell of heavy snow around midnight from it. There is a dusting on the grass here, but the road is just damp now.

Edited by Alza

Posted

laugh.png

Just look out the window now, shower cloud above our area, you bound to get any PPN before me.

Actually if you want a radar(free), just search will it rain today radar on google and that is a very good 15min radar to use.

Edit: Graupel/snow falling again, looks like its going to get heavier at least for a short while.

Edited by Geordiesnow

Posted

Heavy snow again!

No doubt it's on it's way over to you Geordiesnow!

Edited by JP1972

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Theres a free version, don't know about Babestation!

Posted

Just a little warning, some station in the Northern reaches of Scotland is reporting dewpoints above 0 with fairly high temps, if albeit, don't think there is any PPN falling in those spots.

And Boulmer has reported a Northerly wind with a dew point rise so its one of those nights where you might have to be careful what you wish for. Admittedly Boulmer is right on the coastline itself but still a warning.

Posted

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/ne6

The BBC for my area are saying sleet between 00:00 and 01:00, but I'd bet my bottom dollar that a) that is the trough mentioned by another poster earlier and B) it will fall as snow giving us a reasonable covering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold

I'm not there but my parents are reporting a light cover of snow on the cars and grass in Durham City. asl 100m.

I'm in London, sad to be missing out! :(

Posted

Snowing lightly here again.

On the downside,someone has just driven down the road outside my house spoiling the flawless snowcover.

What were they thinking?biggrin.png

Posted

I'm not there but my parents are reporting a light cover of snow on the cars and grass in Durham City. asl 100m.

I'm in London, sad to be missing out! sad.png

Never mind, if it's any consolation GFS at +65,042 has a light sleet shower heading your way good.gif

Posted

I'm in London, sad to be missing out! sad.png

Yep - on cars and grass - I'm at 80-odd m asl in Gilesgate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Heavy snow again. A solid dusting now on the grass and rooftops, but a slushy layer is forming on the road.

Posted

Can anyone N of Newc under that very heavy ppn confirm whether it is snow or rain? radar has it as rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

Can anyone N of Newc under that very heavy ppn confirm whether it is snow or rain? radar has it as rain.

Radar has had pretty much everything down as rain. I'd expect it to be a graupel/snow/hail mix. My dew point is currently -1.1c and it's snowing light-moderately.

Posted

Thats the thundersnow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Who wants fresh ice with their vodka!

post-12649-0-04677500-1351287304_thumb.j

Edited by Wishful-Thinking

Posted

One of those strange situations where the snowfall may of actually enhance a slight thaw of the previous snow on the ground, the dusting is quite patchy apart from on the roofs especially the North facing roofs.

If this trough does arrive, it has to be heavy big flake snow and it has to have no mild sector inside it either. Got nothing to lose apart from a patchy dusting so it may aswell arrive whatever it falls as! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

I can report that despite having moved further inland, I haven't missed out completely- one of the showers penetrated as far south as Sandhutton about half an hour ago and produced snow here too! Not heavy enough to provide accumulations, but it's the first time that I've seen proper snow in October (beating my previous record of sleet mixed with rain at Lancaster on the 20th October 2002).

Amazing to see that South Shields has been having snow. I expect the surface wind to veer NNE'ly in the next couple of hours which may cause the temperature to jump somewhat near the coast, but clearly prior to that the weather has got cold enough to deliver the South Shields its first October snowfalls since before I started recording from Cleadon in 1993.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold

If this trough does arrive, it has to be heavy big flake snow and it has to have no mild sector inside it either. Got nothing to lose apart from a patchy dusting so it may aswell arrive whatever it falls as! laugh.png

Exactly. Even if it falls as heavy rain I can say I've had a dusting and some pretty heavy snow on October 26!