Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - July 20th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

As St Luke said, Storm number 6 is the best of the day for Close Cg's, had 2 very close that knocked the Sky out but left the Broadband this time. No hail but torrential rain again.

Crazy Day!

Posted

Day has turned into night here in north west London and the wind has really picked up. Something big is heading this way.

And all that happened was it rained a bit !!

Gone very dark again here now and thunder is rumbling away in the distance. Might just get lucky this time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

And all that happened was it rained a bit !!

Gone very dark again here now and thunder is rumbling away in the distance. Might just get lucky this time.

The radar is packed with sferics around your way I reckon, be lucky but stay safe. In fact, the cell over Gerrards Cross/ Watford area looks very violent on radar.

Paul S up for seven later on?

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

The radar is packed with sferics down your way I reckon, be lucky but stay safe. Paul S up for seven soon?

Perfectly safe here mate but there is no way this big baby is going to miss me this time. Its coming right overhead by the look of it. Some very deep rumbling thunder too, but no lightning visible yet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

just had a small thunderstorm eventually!! yay!! one close CG abd the rest where intercloud. im glad I at least got something.

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Perfectly safe here mate but there is no way this big baby is going to miss me this time. Its coming right overhead by the look of it. Some very deep rumbling thunder too, but no lightning visible yet.

Not sure where Northwood is exactly but if you're in line with the encircled area as per the attached, you should get some fun and games.

post-7183-0-34487900-1343578815_thumb.gi

As for staying safe, my comment is mainly referring to the fact that there have been many reports of CG lightning out there today.

Game on for more of you.

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Paul S up for seven later on?

Lol think that might be pushing my luck a bit, that line west of London looks very nice but wether it can hold together for number 7 is another story.

Think the South Downs Convergence Zone has played a huge role in Southern Essex today, when that kicks the lift over the downs intensifies these shower just at the perfect point, winds now not that favourable for this so showers might be more severe over Herts and Suffolk into the evening.

Posted

Lol think that might be pushing my luck a bit, that line west of London looks very nice but wether it can hold together for number 7 is another story.

Think the South Downs Convergence Zone has played a huge role in Southern Essex today, when that kicks the lift over the downs intensifies these shower just at the perfect point, winds now not that favourable for this so showers might be more severe over Herts and Suffolk into the evening.

Might even get a MCS of continental origin soon at this rate. Whoops! rofl.gif

Posted

Not sure where Northwood is exactly but if you're in line with the encircled area as per the attached, you should get some fun and games.

post-7183-0-34487900-1343578815_thumb.gi

As for staying safe, my comment is mainly referring to the fact that there have been many reports of CG lightning out there today.

Game on for more of you.

gottolovethisweather

Northwood is about 5 miles south of Watford and I am loving that radar grab...........thanks for posting it. Here comes the rain, and then some. The street lights have come on. Sadly no thunder heard for a while now though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Nowt for us. :( Oh well never mind.

Posted

Might even get a MCS of continental origin soon at this rate. Whoops! rofl.gif

Steady On! rofl.gifrofl.gif

Posted

Northwood is about 5 miles south of Watford and I am loving that radar grab...........thanks for posting it. Here comes the rain, and then some. The street lights have come on. Sadly no thunder heard for a while now though.

Another total let down when it all looked so promising. The skies went black, street lights came on and I could hear distant rumbles of thunder and it looked to be coming right overhead..........then it rained a bit. I saw one flash of lightning though. Dissapointing cray.gif

Posted

Not a sausage John, not even a frankfurter, in fact! laugh.png

Cheeky bugger! (how did you know I was drinking cider, no really?!!) rofl.gif

As a birder, I possess a very powerful telescope QS (really!) acute.gif , I can't quite see all the way from Newbury to West Sussex though.

Hope you are well but I had best bugger off to the CSE thread soon or maybe I'll watch some of our medal hopefuls. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Brightened up now but still some noises on radio. I should've expected it really; received my ticket to an event I'm going to in September. The number of the ticket............13. :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Had a couple of flashes and rumbles in Braintree about 10 mins ago nothing since and brightening up now...better than nowt I suppose so cant grumble