IGNORED

Southwest And Central Southern England - Regional Discussion

Jane Louise

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Some mean looking shower activity growing in the bristol channel! search.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

6.6c. Sun is out .Some clouds about.Heavy shower at times. S.Westerly breeze at 5 mp.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

a friend of mine reported snow up at Lansdown in Bath this morning whilst out walking her dog.

fromey

Posted

Another band of heavy showers just coming our way off the Bristol Channel. The BC Streamer in full flow at the mo looking at the radar.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

i must admit this year i have no hopes or expectations of the coming winter, i will only get a little excited when the charts are only 24 hrs out, and even at this range its can still change.

to many times i have seen great charts at short range only to be let down by little changes in the positions etc.

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Mostly dry thus far in Falmouth so far today though did have a couple of light rain showers earlier. Some potent but brief hail showers yesterday which im told looked a bit sleety also though I was too busy working to notice!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Partly Cloudy and breezy today in Sotton, no rain yet. Quite chilly though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Very chilly day today. Managed to avoid most of the showers though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Is it me or does october/november feel colder then usual? I was out today thinking how chilly it was and couldn't remember last year if it felt the same. Even when it snowed last year it didn't feel as cold as it has been.

Is it something to do with the dew point?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Slim chance of some eastern areas of our region seeing abit of wet snow on sunday... Cotwolds most likely as it is a little to far to our east but something worth watching.

nudge it abit further west please on next NAE good.gif

Chilly outside this evening 1.4c

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Slim chance of some eastern areas of our region seeing abit of wet snow on sunday... Cotwolds most likely as it is a little to far to our east but something worth watching.

nudge it abit further west please on next NAE good.gif

Chilly outside this evening 1.4c

Yes, some possibilities for wintry ppn on Sunday, the model outputs are in disagreement currently, but worth keeping an eye on...From an IMBY perspective, I've some elevation (150m asl) so it's certainly piqued my interest

Posted

Had a wonderful few days in Cornwall, based in Newquay and exploring to the South Coast.

Caught the sun in a very pleasant Mullion Cove on Tuesday pm, got soaked in Truro on Wednesday, battered by gales and hail in Newquay yesterday (with a few stunning rainbows too) and had sleet/wet snow over Bodmin Moor driving this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Brief sleet shower middle of this afternoon, Now partly cloudy Temp: 4c Dewpoint: 2c Any chance of showers tonight?

And why haven't you updated your profile to show your location, come on, don't be shy. blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Had a wonderful few days in Cornwall, based in Newquay and exploring to the South Coast.

Caught the sun in a very pleasant Mullion Cove on Tuesday pm, got soaked in Truro on Wednesday, battered by gales and hail in Newquay yesterday (with a few stunning rainbows too) and had sleet/wet snow over Bodmin Moor driving this morning.

At least somebody predicted that it could happen. I best pick those lottery numbers pretty darn quick. rofl.gif

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/74475-southwest-and-central-southern-england-regional-discussion/page__st__340#entry2389042

Posted

Yes, some possibilities for wintry ppn on Sunday, the model outputs are in disagreement currently, but worth keeping an eye on...From an IMBY perspective, I've some elevation (150m asl) so it's certainly piqued my interest

Snow signal has now gone in new NAE.

Posted

cray.gif

Thanks anyway fergieweather, I very much appreciate your input within these forums, as I am sure many others do. good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I have but one word ....."Bugger!"......lol........thanks for the update though Ian

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

A cold and showery start to the day as bands of showers cross the West Country as I type.

Further showers look set to arrive later today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

Another very showery cold day here in Radstock town with temperatures hovering around 4C a little sleet can be detected in the heavier bursts.

http://www.norton-radstockweather.co.uk/page8.htm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Thanks Ian. Lovely to have you back posting on here. Interesting times ahead - I hope!

Posted

Oh god, I am being dragged back in again... :( Time to get the radar subscription up and running. Although it is looking milder for next week, so I am thinking this snow risk will be a flash in the pan.

This murky, rainy weather is horrid, I would much rather have cold frosts, crisp days and sunshine.