Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest And Central Southern England - Regional Discussion

Jane Louise

Posted

light snow here currently, in between bands of ppn....The next band is pushing eastwards (sleet/snow in Chippenham) so should be here shortly

Still only sleet... mostly rain here... Left feeling jelouse... lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Sun coming out now. 3c temps on the up...

Posted

Loving the reports and pictures etc. on this thread this morning.clap.gif

Anyone for darts?

Edited by Cloud 10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

heavy snow here now, and despite the earlier heavy rain, it's settling on all surfaces...will post up piccies/video later

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

Stopped snowing in Frome, but a wonderful surprise when opening the curtains earlier.

cant believe i missed it, woke up to slush about 20 mins ago

fromeysorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just popped out to have a look around and I am very surprised they have not ploughed the A37 its a nightmare!

Snow has stopped now and skys are brightening up. temperature climbing 1.4c...the thaw begins

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Although it is a bit hard to see, the attached radar grab demonstrates the conflicting conditions and reports from across the southern regions.

Note the differences in wind direction and where the overlaid precipitation is showing, the blue colour out West simply illustrates where the wind is dropping. Based on this, I can expect the Temperature to start dropping within the next hour and these Temperature falls slowly transferring Eastwards. As for who gets snow from here on in, I wouldn't be tempted to even guess but I think the risk is diminishing for locations further East. sorry.gif

post-7183-0-04874500-1352023130_thumb.pn

Currently 4.8c and maybe some sign of it falling at last.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

I don't understand why it keeps goin from sleet to snow yet places lower are having settling snow, must be the fact I'm not quite in the heaviest ppn, the low seems to be slowly pulling east but its spinning on its axis and keeps building around me also . . .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: early spring, warm summers and cold winters

A37 between Yeovil and Dorchester is closed due to snow according to the BBC website. I wonder if this is the earliest in the season when snow has caused a problem. I certainly can't recall getting snow here so early, we're lucky to see any most years.

I don't understand why it keeps goin from sleet to snow yet places lower are having settling snow, must be the fact I'm not quite in the heaviest ppn, the low seems to be slowly pulling east but its spinning on its axis and keeps building around me also . . .

My sister who lives 7 miles away in a colder spot (I'm 1m inland) didn't see a flake but it was coming down in bucket loads here, very strange.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Starting to turn back to rain/sleet with mixed in snow....enough snow to leave a covering but a thaw now in progress....Fantastic stuff though whilst it lasted! good.gif

Posted

Snow in Birdlip and ice in the Cotswolds as wintery weather hits Gloucestershire

WINTERY weather has wrapped its freezing fingers around the region this morning, with snow in Birdlip and ice in the Cotswolds.

Birdlip residents awoke to find "big fat snowflakes" falling at 9am. While in the Cotswolds ice has made surfaces dangerously slippery. Police warned motorists to be careful, with a spokesman saying: "There are reports of very dangerous roads due to ice in the Cotswolds, particularly east of Cheltenham, towards Oxfordshire. "Gritters are out on the roads."

Met Office forecasters say tomorrow will be the coldest November 5 since daily temperature records began in 1999.

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/Snow-Birdlip-ice-Cotswolds-wintery-weather-hits/story-17229493-detail/story.html

Posted

cant believe i'm missing the action, as in fuerteventura!

just called my parents on outskirts of bristol to its east and dad said it's rain there but v cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Starting to turn back to rain/sleet with mixed in snow....enough snow to leave a covering but a thaw now in progress....Fantastic stuff though whilst it lasted! good.gif

Well done AJ, what is your Temp?

Posted

Well done AJ, what is your Temp?

2.1C...on the rise bud

Posted

2.1C...on the rise bud

Thanks

Posted

lol...this system isn't giving up without a fight....it's snowing again!

Posted

The hills around Westerleigh are white with snow! clapping.gif (Just to the North East of Bristol)

How exciting!smiliz19.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

I had a few flakes here this morning however it turned back to rain :(. Snow has settled for areas several miles to my NW and east as you reach the edge of the cotswolds. Not bad for early November!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Just over 6cms here and no electric when I got up. It's thawing like mad though so off out to play, will post pics later.

What a lovely surprise!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Grrrrr still nothing here on the sunny south coast! Very blustery but blue skies rolling in now.

Congrats all the peeps who got snow. Yes I'm jealous but you deserve some good white stuff.

Edited by divadee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just over 6cms here and no electric when I got up. It's thawing like mad though so off out to play, will post pics later.

What a lovely surprise!!!

Stunning isn't it air_kiss.gif get that snowman built jeth!