Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest And Central Southern England - Regional Discussion

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Feels quite muggy out today! gloomy as it has been for the last 3/4 days.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Another damn awful grotty day. drizzle fog and well.. bad.gif

Roll on some nice clear frosty weather albeit 2 days good.gif Although temperatures will be lower I bet it will feel warmer just because some of that rare thing people refer to as the glowing orb in the sky will reveal itself... drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Don't think the weather has changed all week here. Same old cloud.

At least the weekend looks sunnier, if not a bit chilly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I have just posted the following in the cold spell thread, which I hope will be of interest to some. good.gif

http://forum.netweat...80#entry2389728

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Feeling much cooler..Getting a bit more wind up...11c ..Out there...Indoors 20.c and glad to be inside...The bungalow that is....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A very pleasant day here in South and West Cornwall today - much better than expected. Some good breaks in the cloud gave quite good spells of pleasant sunshine. Only just now is it becoming cloudier! biggrin.png

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Was it still foggy today? I thought it was me making all that gloom with the spray from the industrialised jet washer I've been using all day.

Bored with the dank gloom now, wish the weather would do something, anything, just not this blinking murk.

Posted

Was it still foggy today? I thought it was me making all that gloom with the spray from the industrialised jet washer I've been using all day.

Bored with the dank gloom now, wish the weather would do something, anything, just not this blinking murk.

Hey just don't blink too quickly jeth as you might miss the brief cool sunny spell coming....

Temperature is falling slowly with a stiff wind. 9.5c

Edited by mullender83

Posted

Was it still foggy today?

My parents in law had their flight diverted from Bristol to Cardiff just as they were beginning to come in to land due to the fog etc!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Posted

temps dropping but not massively yet....hmmm? ..

http://www.wundergro...eq_statename=NA

Well they won't drop much until the cold front has passed through. Then the sunshine will prevent much of a drop during the daytime but, with clear sky

tomorrow evening, they will drop rapidly after sunset.

Posted

Yay!!! Someone else from Cornwall! Hehe. biggrin.png

Been on the Lizard today, where sadly it was another misty, sometimes drizzly day. Sunshine from Friday onwards though very cool, maybe cold.

Hi Blizzards, I'm usually here during the Winter months, been here for the last 3 years now. Quite a few other posters also in Cornwall also pop up around this time of year.

Edited by kernowman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Bbrrr it's chilly this morning. Very cloudy with very grey skies. Haven't checked the temps or stats this morning yet. My bed is too warm.

Lets just keep everything crossed this isn't the only taste of cold we get.

Posted

It's actually the worst day of the week with the best conditions (sun!) still to come later in the day.

I won't be posting much in the next week as have a very busy weekend and am then going to Cornwall (Newquay area) from Monday-Friday next

week so will be exposed to whatever the Atlantic throws at the West Country. I'm hoping for clean showery conditions coming in from the WNW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Well it's 6.6c here in Newbury and cloudy with some light rain. As anticipated, the Temperature is moving nowhere fast and I am looking forward to seeing the Temperatures falling further once the clearance comes. good.gif

Posted

Well it's 6.6c here in Newbury and cloudy with some light rain. As anticipated, the Temperature is moving nowhere fast and I am looking forward to seeing the Temperatures falling further once the clearance comes. good.gif

The clearance seems to have been delayed over last 12 hours... bbc graphics showed as early as 8/9 am yesterday evening now they show around 2pm this afternoon.... lazy.gif

Posted

Whilst nothing too spectacular should be expected in this region, you never know what a bit of elevation and convection might bring. However I am looking forward to removing the crud, that many in our region, have endured since last Saturday.

I thought my post over in the cold spell thread might be of interest. drinks.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

The clearance seems to have been delayed over last 12 hours... bbc graphics showed as early as 8/9 am yesterday evening now they show around 2pm this afternoon.... lazy.gif

And 2pm is here with more light rain to come, we'll be lucky to see any clearance before dusk.

Maybe just maybe the benefit will be a good sunset, that's be funny after the gloom began with last Saturday's fiery sky!

Posted

And 2pm is here with more light rain to come, we'll be lucky to see any clearance before dusk.

Maybe just maybe the benefit will be a good sunset, that's be funny after the gloom began with last Saturday's fiery sky!

Signs of the cloud starting to break up finaly although still a good 90% cover. a very chilly 6.2c currently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

7.6c...ENE breeze at 5mph with a gust or two....The Clouds have broken and can see some Blue sky at last..Could be clear tonight......

Posted

Cloud still reluctant to clear! Just had the odd spot of light rain again although once it does clear the temperature will drop fast. clapping.gif

5.2c

Posted

Don't think the sky is going to clear quickly enough to allow the temp to start dropping away for an air frost here.

Very cold out there though!

Posted