Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest And Central Southern England - Regional Discussion

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Lovely morning, just wondering where we will be at this time next week. Cold yes... But for how long? Never known a cold plunge this early, hope its not the beginning and end of winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Lovely morning, just wondering where we will be at this time next week. Cold yes... But for how long? Never known a cold plunge this early, hope its not the beginning and end of winter.

I'm just hoping for a nice crispy air frost on my walk to work in the mornings.

I think that's all we can realistically hope for down here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well not really checked the weather today but it can't be as bad as this stinking hangover! wacko.png

Posted

I'd love to say the Mendips but more often than not it's Dartmoor, then the Cotswolds, then the Mendips. An awful lot of the time snow around this area seems to stay above the M4 - I'm up for demolishing it if we can get a team together...

I hate that word M4 I think they should add it to the swear filter! The cotswolds can often get lucky first as it seems to be a common place for colder air to dig in and fight as it is more inland for battleground snow but saying that we often get heavier falls on exmoor/ mendips being further west and then you have dartmoor which does well out of northerlys being exposed but often gets snow turning to rain being so far out to the west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

This is an interesting view of things to come, if folks haven't read it yet.

As an insight from a Met Office perspective, one should especially note the wording based on trends downward from normal Air Temperature values. As for snow though, don't even go there at this timescale. good.gif

http://forum.netweat...40#entry2385955

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

13c. Dry.Some cloud.Hazy sun...

Posted

Well West Country people we were treated to this this evening, one of the benefits of the front being close enough to make it cloudy but far enough away to alllow the sun to shine as it set. The edge of the frontal cloud was visible throughout the day, just gradually edging Westwards as the afternoon progressed.

post-107-0-85128000-1350756560_thumb.jpg

post-107-0-30546700-1350756594_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andy Bown

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

Well West Country people we were treated to this this evening, one of the benefits of the front being close enough to make it cloudy but far enough away to alllow the sun to shine as it set. The edge of the frontal cloud was visible throughout the day, just gradually edging Westwards as the afternoon progressed.

post-107-0-85128000-1350756560_thumb.jpg

post-107-0-30546700-1350756594_thumb.jpg

Saw the build up but missed the uber ten or so minutes of it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Rain is further west then expected!! prepare for deluge tonight!

Posted

Temp is 7.3c here but feels so much colder than that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

It has been a glorious day in Plymouth... took this photo earlier. Safe to say it looked better to the eye but a huge gash of red through a sea of little fluffy cotton balls.

2012-10-20_182707.jpg

Posted

Temp is 7.3c here but feels so much colder than that!

Thats your age... blum.gif

It's 6.5c here and very foggy and i'd say it feels like it is around about 6.5c here give or take .1 of a degree blum.gifrofl.gif

Just checked your profile...should keep quiet really help.gif

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

Gibby has provided an update, not good for us guys.

In Summary the screw has been turned slightly more towards cold this morning as the angle of attack from the North looks somewhat better with the bulk of High pressure staying further West out of Britain. All areas will see a quick transformation to cold conditions late this week with some Northern and eastern areas at risk of seeing there first snow of the season thereafter. It looks unlikely that much if any snow will be seen in the south and West with frost and cold rain the more likely prospect here. Nevertheless, the trend holds good for some interesting cold synoptics to be thrown at the UK repeatedly over the coming weeks.

Posted

Not good in what way? Lack of snow? If so then goodness it's October 21st!!!

Yeah lack of snow, this forecast is for the end of next week

Cant have extreme cold without snow :)

Posted

Thats your age... blum.gif

It's 6.5c here and very foggy and i'd say it feels like it is around about 6.5c here give or take .1 of a degree blum.gifrofl.gif

Just checked your profile...should keep quiet really help.gif

Hey, 3 years difference! lol.

Another cloudy and dull start to the day here today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Cant have extreme cold without snow :)

I never expected to see any snow from the upcoming cold spell/snap, not this early, it's still Autumn!

Posted

Cant have extreme cold without snow smile.png

I don't know how young you are, but if that's your hope for every very cold spell then prepare to be extremely disappointed very often!

And on the flip side, make the most of and truly enjoy any snowy period that does occur.

Posted

I don't know how young you are, but if that's your hope for every very cold spell then prepare to be extremely disappointed very often!

And on the flip side, make the most of and truly enjoy any snowy period that does occur.

I concur. Decent snowfalls down here aren't a common occurance, even less so in Urban areas.

Lets hope this winter doesn't follow last winter, and come March we all have something to talk about & pictures to share.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

I concur. Decent snowfalls down here aren't a common occurance, even less so in Urban areas.

We just need that perfect setup and some luck, back in the 80s the south west/west country had some great blizzards/large falls off snow, 81 springs to mind for me, over a foot deep of level snow here at sea level, I've never seen that much snow here since then but like I say, we just need that perfect setup to occur and it'll happen again, just hope I'm still young enough to enjoy it lol

Posted

We just need that perfect setup and some luck, back in the 80s the south west/west country had some great blizzards/large falls off snow, 81 springs to mind for me, over a foot deep of level snow here at sea level, I've never seen that much snow here since then but like I say, we just need that perfect setup to occur and it'll happen again, just hope I'm still young enough to enjoy it lol

Agreed smartie.

Winters 78/79, 81/82, jan 87. Even had blizzards and deep snow in Bristol and its suburbs.

Posted

Wouldn't know. I was just a twinkle in my fathers eye! :p

Posted

Hello everyone, nice to see some familer faces, anyway looks like a intresting spell of weather on the way with some much colder weather possible obiously im not looking for snow beacuse its way to early for that, but its exeptional for the charts to show such a cold spell so early on :), better get my weather station out!

Posted

Hello everyone, nice to see some familer faces, anyway looks like a intresting spell of weather on the way with some much colder weather possible obiously im not looking for snow beacuse its way to early for that, but its exeptional for the charts to show such a cold spell so early on smile.png, better get my weather station out!

Yes SNOW SNOW SNOW :)

Posted

Looks like turning much colder air_kiss.gif Unlikely we shall see anything wintry even to high ground currently in west country though nea.gif