Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest And Central Southern England - Regional Discussion

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Rain suddenly turned a lot heavier here now. Looks like the 4th successive day without a glimpse of sun.

Rain is quite heavy here in whitchurch also! I think this is the worst thing though not seeing even a glimpse of sunlight since sunday now!

Going to be a fun drive home again in half hour and I expect it is still foggy above about 200m again bad.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Rain is quite heavy here in whitchurch also! I think this is the worst thing though not seeing even a glimpse of sunlight since sunday now!

Going to be a fun drive home again in half hour and I expect it is still foggy above about 200m again bad.gif

Well, the forecast was for a very wet, messy rush hour........

.......... just the wrong rush hour. lol.

Hopeful that tomorrow we might finally get a bit of sun, and Saturday. Both days look a bit more convective like.

Posted

Torrential rain here now. Road as turned into a stream, literally some minor flash flooding.

Horrific rush hour, weather warnings were needed, just had the wrong timeframe covered.

Posted

Rain suddenly turned a lot heavier here now. Looks like the 4th successive day without a glimpse of sun.

I was lucky to have a little hazy sun yesterday and literally a few minutes of bright sun earlier this afternoon just before the heaviest rain arrived. I'm not sure what encouraged the fog and low cloud to suddenly lift before the onset of heavy rain.

At present by running the NW radar 5 minute slides it seems the LOW centre is somewhere over the West Country. The rain hasn't been particularly persistent today but has come in a number of heavy showery bursts with drizzle in between. I have 17mm in my gauge since 07.00 this morning.

Posted

Looks like parts of Devon have had flooding issues today:

http://t.co/yb1Jp2PE

Posted

Well this autumn muck for weather is killing me! Roll on winter proper I say! I really hope this winter is better after all the hype from so many organisations as well as the winter thread here on netweather...they can't all be wrong can they... good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

No proper sun since last Saturday here. :( Really gloomy still of late. Mild enough but hoping the next few days may offer a few sunny spells inbetween showers. I look to Spotlight forecaster David Braine for some hope. ;)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

A fine and sunny start to the day here in the West Country, though showers are banking up on the western horizon-not a good sign. Currently 8C with a moderate WNW breeze.

http://www.norton-radstockweather.co.uk/page8.htm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Looks like some shower activity building up out over bridgwater bay and quantock exmoor area ,some impressive cloud formations and gone very dark .any thoughts on sundays low ,looks to me that it will skirt our south , but still time for change .

Posted

Stunning autumn morning here for a change although chilly 7c

Showers look like they are gathering fairly rapidly to the west, might even see some hail mixed into some of the showers today which is slightly more interesting than endless gloom of the past few days. drinks.gif

Posted

Yay, the sun has returned.

Looks like a sunny couple of days ahead now, mixed in with some convective activity.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

We did not get much from that clump of showers they headed south of us .but we do have a good display of Mammatus cloud ,so probably some lively showers were had over bridgwater area .another batch developing now .sundays low now looks like getting pushed further south on fax chart ,anybody know the latest thoughts on this .feels rather fresh out there this morning ,time for the long johns ,cheers gang

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Seems like we are being spared on Sunday (as things stand)... Only time will tell.

Re. This winter, the atmosphere in the winter thread is great, reminds me of November 2009. Lets hope things continue the way they are currently programmed... Really don't want to feel let down... Hoping for a huge channel low like the west has experienced all summer to produce a huge dumping of it proportions! I'm off to stock up on tinned food and a shovel... Just in case :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

morning all.

is it my eye sight or are the showers not getting past Bristol at the moment, they just seem to die out.

fromey

Posted

morning all.

is it my eye sight or are the showers not getting past Bristol at the moment, they just seem to die out.

fromey

They are dying fairly soon after moving inland! I've been out working and wacthing it happen, at least it's leaving us with a lovely day so far lol !

I wonder why though? Pressure is low and conditions are ripe. Sometimes lines of showers move in under much higher pressure and maintain their

life much further inland - last Thursday being a prime example.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

We have had shower after shower here. Not overly heavy, just enough to be annoying. Wondering if what's developing off Cornwall will be headed our way later?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

10c..Sun is out Clouds about...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Thunderstorm just to my South West out towards Penzance etc according to Blitzortung and radar. Not to far from here. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Thunderstorm just to my South West out towards Penzance etc according to Blitzortung and radar. Not to far from here. :)

Good luck Blizz and all you SWesters........... and don`t forget to bring some back with you Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted

More heavy rain here now.

At work so can't access a decent radar, don't know whether its a shower or something more prolonged.

Posted

Good luck Blizz and all you SWesters........... and don`t forget to bring some back with you

Sadly we only got a distant rumble of thunder in the end. Had a fair bit of heavy/torrential rain though. smile.png

I feel like I need my own semi regional thread here. Is anyone else from Cornwall in here? laugh.png Almost everyone seems to be Bristol/Somerset/Wiltshere/East Devon way. laugh.png

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Sadly we only got a distant rumble of thunder in the end. Had a fair bit of heavy/torrential rain though. smile.png

I feel like I need my own semi regional thread here. Is anyone else from Cornwall in here? laugh.png Almost everyone seems to be Bristol/Somerset/Wiltshere/East Devon way. laugh.png

Yes there are a few more of you from cornwall but I think they will come out of hiding as we head into winter proper. You forgot to mention our other members from the Midlands AKA Gloucester blum.gif

Nice and bright morning here and a rather chilly 6c

Posted

Some nice Cb's building here today.

Warm, strong feeling sunshine inbetween passing clouds too.