Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest And Central Southern England - Regional Discussion

Jane Louise

Posted

Currently at Westbury, Wiltshire & it's a lovely Autumnal morning.

Patchy ground frost with low level mist rolling around the fields as the Sun starts shining over the White Horse.

Ah my childhood hometown! Wonderful place with the WHite Horse at the edge of Salisbury Plain at sunrise and sunset!

What were you doing over this way?

Saturdays seem to guarantee fine weather recently, I've been to football on 10 Saturdays of which 2 (Aug 4th & 25th) have been showery

while the other 8 have been mostly sunny!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Think I might see first air frost tonight!

Air temperature 6.2c ground temperature is already down to 1.4c

Winter is coming... drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Beautiful day today. Went to Oxford v Gillingham match as my dad is Gills fan and was lucky enough to be sat in the sun for the whole 90mins. Such a nice afternoon. Love these autumnal days. Hope laminate floori is right about our winter this year, I do trust his forecasts - subject to change however!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

A lovely day in Falmouth today. Clear blue skies pretty much all day once early cloud ever so slowly shifted southwards. Quite chilly once the sun went in. A good few waves at Gyllyngvase beach too today where it is usually very calm! :)

Posted

This region looks set for several vile days after today's sunshine. Only a few days ago forecasts had rain spreading NE today and overnight to leave clearer showery SW airstream for a few days.Now though it seems front(s) are going to get stuck across the S/SW with rain/drizzle until Wednesday and precious little brightness. Personally I would far rather the original forecast had occured!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

A dry and bright morning with valley fog. 4C

http://www.norton-radstockweather.co.uk/page8.htm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Ah my childhood hometown! Wonderful place with the WHite Horse at the edge of Salisbury Plain at sunrise and sunset!

What were you doing over this way?

Saturdays seem to guarantee fine weather recently, I've been to football on 10 Saturdays of which 2 (Aug 4th & 25th) have been showery

while the other 8 have been mostly sunny!

I'm a regular visitor to Westbury, work often send me over there. I agree with you too, a lovely place with lots of picturesque surroundings and nearby towns/villages such as Bradford On Avon & Bruton as well as Longleat of course.

Back home now, and its a cold but sunny start here. Would no doubt of been another frosty & misty sunrise over the white horse this morning. I do love some of the seasonal mornings we get across Wiltshire & East Somerset.

Posted

Its probably just rain might as well wait until we get 2 weeks of dry weather!!!!!!!!!!!! next year lol

Fat chance of that, by the looks of things!

Stunningly beautiful sunrise/morning here today. Cold with frost on the fields (and golfcourse) and mist in the turning trees. I am reminded of why Autumn is my favourite season. What can honestly match the sheer beauty of it?

Posted

Looks like we are the "duff" area of the country to be today.

Mild & wet just about sums it up this morning.

Posted

A dull and overcast morning here with low light levels and drizzle in the air. Yuk. 10C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Damp..Grey..Cloudy..Misty..Drizzle..Monday..11c..light easterly breeze. But It Is 20c. Indoors...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very mild and muggy here today. About 16/17c. Rapidly changing conditions with sunshine one moment then mist and drizzle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Very mild and muggy here today. About 16/17c. Rapidly changing conditions with sunshine one moment then mist and drizzle.

Good ole Costa del Cornwall. Heading to the north coast myself in a few days time for a short stay. acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Weather today is terrible! This morning was foggy with light rain and chilly and this evening is slightly warmer but still foggy with constant light rain 11.2c bad.gif

Posted

Weather today is terrible! This morning was foggy with light rain and chilly and this evening is slightly warmer but still foggy with constant light rain 11.2c bad.gif

The worst kind of day possible IMO, how anyone enjoys days like today is beyond me!

Absolutely no hint of brightness all day, in fact visibility got worse, and no proper rain either, I'd have rather it pour down all day!

Posted

Still very mild tonight and muggy. Quite a sweaty sort of day actually. Still about 16c with the temperature forecast to budge very little over the next couple of days. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

The worst kind of day possible IMO, how anyone enjoys days like today is beyond me!

Absolutely no hint of brightness all day, in fact visibility got worse, and no proper rain either, I'd have rather it pour down all day!

God help us, should they start to occur on a regular basis, come winter. bad.gif

Posted

God help us, should they start to occur on a regular basis, come winter. bad.gif

Nothing beats heavy drizzle on Christmas morning.

;)

Posted

Nothing beats heavy drizzle on Christmas morning.

tease.gif

especially drizzled cream over my mince pies or christmas pudding. The weather is only being seasonal after all but the dank dullness certainly doesn't float my boat.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

especially drizzled cream over my mince pies or christmas pudding. The weather is only being seasonal after all but the dank dullness certainly doesn't float my boat.

Not mine either.

Give me an autumnal deep LP system any day, followed by a brief ridge with a misty, frosty night.

Edited by AWD

Posted

Looking ahead to next weekend, and although there is a good deal of uncertainty still, IF the charts do come off as what the latest outputs are suggesting, the ground is barely going to have time to dry out here before another deluge of very wet weather arrives.

Something to watch Re flooding concerns!

Posted

A dull, grey and dismal start with some occasional bursts of rain at times. Foggy over the hills. Just 9C.

Posted

2nd such day in a row.

A Bristol Channel streamer of rain set up from around 04.30 and pulsed SE across Somerset into Wiltshire.

I decided to go for it and go out to work in Trowbridge this morning as the radar movement around 06.30 suggested the worst would

stay just W/SW of Trowbridge. In the time I was out I got pretty wet inn what the NW radar accumulation suggests was 3mm to 5mm of rain

while at home in Warminster there was around double that in the same time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

its been raining a lot around here, I need to go out and the rain doesn't look like letting up anytime soon.

I don't midn days like this as long as I don't have to go out into it!

Posted

Just plain old dull, cloudy but dry here.