Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest And Central Southern England - Regional Discussion

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

A very uninspiring forecast for most of the working week. Fog, cloud & drizzle plus mild temps until Friday.

Bah!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well I have to say it does not feel like an indian summer!! lazy.gif 10.8c is hardly warm and its thick fog and drizzle. cray.gif

Posted

Well I have to say it does not feel like an indian summer!! lazy.gif 10.8c is hardly warm and its thick fog and drizzle. cray.gif

This was always going to happen once it became clear the weak Warm Front would be so slow moving if not totally stagnant, but it doesn't make things

any better to know why such dull, dreary conditions are happening!

Posted

Cloudy and dull here with bits of mist, i think its expected to become foggy this evening and overnight.

And for some reason i quite like it when it gets foggy makes it feel like winter is here :)

Edited by TomW

Posted

Cloudy and dull here with bits of mist, i think its expected to become foggy this evening and overnight.

And for some reason i quite like it when it gets foggy makes it feel like winter is here smile.png

When you get hill fog half the year round it losses its appeal... bad.gif Saying that I do enjoy freezing fog in winter good.gif

truely basking in warmth here now aggressive.gif 12.2c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

13c..Damp.Drizzle...Down comes the Fog again...Not really gone today...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: I do like the cold weather......

Very dull,damp and mild in Plymouth at the moment. 15c outside,60% Hdy and Pressure mb 1019.

No rain or drizzle though.

Looking forward to this colder spell that will make its way down by Friday,as this mild weather is annoying to say the least.

Edited by WestCountry11

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

Very dull,damp and mild in Plymouth at the moment. 15c outside,60% Hdy and Pressure mb 1019.

No rain or drizzle though.

Looking forward to this colder spell that will make its way down by Friday,as this mild weather is annoying to say the least.

it's drizzling now

Posted

Spot the difference.

Same as yesterday, cloudy with drizzle and muggy.

Posted

Spot the difference.

Same as yesterday, cloudy with drizzle and muggy.

Slight improvement on yesterday... Fog has lifted a little to mist and it got slightly warmer today to a high of 12.9c other than that another rubbish day.

Posted

Agreed smartie.

Winters 78/79, 81/82, jan 87. Even had blizzards and deep snow in Bristol and its suburbs.

I lived in Hanham at the time of that amazing blizzard, I was 11 at the time and it was truly magical. Remember trudging through all the snow with my dad and my friends to go to the local hills sledging. amazing times, just wish my son could experience this just ONCE like I did, he is 15 now and has never seen proper snow in this country like I did then.

Posted

fogging up after lifting a bit....13c......Remeber the snow of 63 .Just left school and started work at GB Brittons boots and shoes....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very gloomy around the far South West today. Ive been in Penzance, West Penwith/Lands End and St Ives the last couple of days. Yesterday wasnt too bad though got more dull as the day progressed. Today has been very foggy particularly around coasts and on the moors. Eased a little now. Forecast is for more cloud but less mist and fog I think before the sun shines for the weekend though much colder.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Hi all, I am coming down your way (Nr Bude Cornwall) for the half term (next week) and am looking forward to the break but was wondering if the conditions were right and there was any snowfall where would be the best place to see it, Exmoor?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hi all, I am coming down your way (Nr Bude Cornwall) for the half term (next week) and am looking forward to the break but was wondering if the conditions were right and there was any snowfall where would be the best place to see it, Exmoor?

Yes Exmoor, Dartmoor and also Bodmin Moor which is almost on Bude's doorstep. Snowfall is currently looking rather doubtful but a cooling trend is undeniable, so pack your thermals. good.gif Some incoming bands of precipitation (over the next couple of weeks) could result in some brief snowfall over higher elevations IMO.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Another cloudy, drizzly, dull morning here. Looking forward to some brighter & colder conditions soon.

Hoping for my first air frost of the season this weekend and its possible on Friday night. A degree or two colder would be better but ill take this;

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/2012/10/24/basis00/ukuk/tmin/12102706_2_2400.gif

Posted

Roll on some clearer air! But how soon will it arrive? I certainly don't think it'll do so tomorrow so maybe during Friday morning once

the main Cold Front has gone.

Not seen any hint of the sun since the awesome sunset on Saturday evening.

Posted

12c...Mist still lurking...Clear skies needed for the weekend...Telescope needs to come out...

Posted

Jeepers I was wrong! Just walked to the postbox and there are a few small breaks in the cloud with it looking quite a lot brighter to the

S/SE ! The latest Visible satellite shows quite a lot of clearance in the far S/SE this afternoon. We might get some sun today yet lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

I saw it! The sun did come out... So it is still there then! Can't wait for friday to see the difference in temps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Happy new winter season folks, 1st cold spell I see coming, long may it continue, albeit won't like the fuel bill in March.

Yay!!! Someone else from Cornwall! Hehe. :D

Been on the Lizard today, where sadly it was another misty, sometimes drizzly day. Sunshine from Friday onwards though very cool, maybe cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

Morning all..

low of 13 degrees c here in Plymouth last night and cloudy. it feels very mild still.