Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Child Of Nadine (Karin) - Severe Weather Discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Impressive radar returns at the moment. Looks like a real "eye" just like a tropical storm. Plenty of convection firing off all around now also!

Just acting like a tropical storm, it does look amazing, wait till this moves in it's going to be quite an event. Could say its only just started? those winds are going to energize and whip up big time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

works perfectly for me FF12

i take it that's firefox 12,i am running ff 15.0.1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morley,_West_Yorkshire Having a Leeds city council bin and Leeds city council letters give it away lol

Ah, batley is in kirklees.

Posted

Just acting like a tropical storm, it does look amazing, wait till this moves in it's going to be quite an event. Could say its only just started? those winds are going to energize and whip up big time.

Hi ESS

yes those winds are starting to get going to my east,interesting times.

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

i take it that's firefox 12,i am running ff 15.0.1

Ok that's interesting as ff12 is (obviously) older than ff15. I just tried running it in IE (/puke) and there was a little "split" icon in the address bar that says "compatibility view: websites designed for older browsers will often look better, and problems such as out of place menus, images or text will be corrected". This makes me think that the website isn't particularly up-to-date (software-wise) which is why ff12 (old) can see it correctly when ff15 & chrome can't...

And on that note, I am off to bed in the land of no wind or rain and hoping it stays that way for rush-hour wacko.png

Posted

Ok that's interesting as ff12 is (obviously) older than ff15. I just tried running it in IE (/puke) and there was a little "split" icon in the address bar that says "compatibility view: websites designed for older browsers will often look better, and problems such as out of place menus, images or text will be corrected". This makes me think that the website isn't particularly up-to-date (software-wise) which is why ff12 (old) can see it correctly when ff15 & chrome can't...

And on that note, I am off to bed in the land of no wind or rain and hoping it stays that way for rush-hour wacko.png

MMMMMMM!,it worked yesterday,no the day before,it's gone 12 lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Inportant note here on our developing storm system

During the afternoon hours of the 23rd however, an approaching frontal boundary from the NW marked the beginning of another round of enhanced baroclinity with models showing the evolution of a distinct tropopause fold over Ireland and UK during the forecast period, bending into the system. This increase of baroclinity results in a rapid deepening phase, which starts around the beginning of my forecast period and offers a central pressure drop of at least 10 K in probably less than 24 h while crossing UK from the SW with a strong turn to the NW during the night.

http://www.estofex.org/ - (new update this evening)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Some fairly heavy rainfall around this evening with alot of water on the roads, alot more downpours for Wales for the morning i think.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

It's been raing here for last two hours, sounds like moderate rainfall from what I can hear in bed lol

Posted

Mum has taken an abrupt change of direction and regaining strength apparently024405R_sm.gif

Edited by Biggin

Posted

I think they are struggling to get much info on Nadine atm

" REQUEST FOR 3 HOURLY SHIP REPORTS WITHIN 300 MILES OF 31.0N 26.3W"

"EXTENDED OUTLOOK. NOTE...ERRORS FOR TRACK HAVE AVERAGED NEAR 175 NM

ON DAY 4 AND 225 NM ON DAY 5...AND FOR INTENSITY NEAR 20 KT EACH DAY"

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

This is seriouse weather here at the moment , now 5.40 am . slept sound last 7 hrs which is unusual , going by radar its probably been chucking it down for atleast 3 hrs , absolutely torrential at the moment with a good 4 hrs still to come at the last look at radar .if this area of activity slows up it will cause some seriouse flooding im sure . half expecting some thundery activity as front passes through later .stay safe all ,drinks.gif ps ,intensity just gone stupid cheers .

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Just over half n inch of rain here so nothing special so far. Radar at the moment suggests the rain over Wales isn't coming this way so we're depandant on new developments which may or may not happen to the south of us. Can see an interesting day of radar watching to come.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

37.4mm since 12am on top of the 25-30 yesterday. Quite concerning for nearby rivers in gloucestershire. Its torrential out there.