Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Child Of Nadine (Karin) - Severe Weather Discussion

Paul

Posted

oh okay

I would suggest looking at the radar and the amounts it is suggesting in isolated places then 20mm in 1 hour is not unreasonable.

Not often one gets that but it does occur every year during the summer months and with Nadine's kid having so much energy, warmth (high Td's), and unstable air, then although its getting towards late September that is quite probable.

How long those cells last is impossible to say, best thing is zoom in on the radar, look at the 850, 700 and 500mb wind flows, and see how events pan out.

hope that helps

Edited by johnholmes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Here's tomorrows rainfall waiting in the wings, heaviest likely to be across SW England and Wales through the morning and into early afternoon, elsewhere in the South likely to see some further rainfall, though before it all begins to shift Northwards

post-7073-0-02562700-1348437382_thumb.pn

yes Dan,that was what i was refering to earlier in my post,that hook/trough in NW france looks to be gaining intensity,fun times tomorrow then,sadly i will be at work when most of the actoin will be happeningsad.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Look at the difference in upper temps! yellow warmer, dark green cold..

12092321_2_2318.gif

Posted

Some seriously high rainfall totalls across the spine of the country with well over 100m projected by the NAE. Not that often you see these totalls.

post-8968-0-19904100-1348438129_thumb.gi

To add to that the NAE goes up to 48hours where the band has stalled over northern England, north Wales and the east midlands. I'd wager totalls well over 140mm.

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Hopefully my college will get flooded rofl.gif

What map did you look at to see Batley was in LEEDS!!!!!!blum.gif

Posted

Looks like a lot of rain expected here then but they still seem to be holding back on an amber warning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Some seriously high rainfall totalls across the spine of the country with well over 100m projected by the NAE. Not that often you see these totalls.

post-8968-0-19904100-1348438129_thumb.gi

To add to that the NAE goes up to 48hours where the band has stalled over northern England, north Wales and the east midlands. I'd wager totalls well over 140mm.

I think this event could rival the June 2007 event when over 80mm of rain fell in 24 hours here..

What map did you look at to see Batley was in LEEDS!!!!!!blum.gif

Batley is the newest suburb of Leeds.. we'll be getting Wakefield next.

Posted

With

mordor_via_bank.jpg

at the center biggrin.png

clap.gif

I'd bank that too with the red ppn cell in the middlegood.gif

Posted

I think this event could rival the June 2007 event when over 80mm of rain fell in 24 hours here..

I was in scarborough that week basking in the mid to high 20's when i missed thatdoh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Latest satellite image, hmmmm I think Karin is trying to take on the look of a true tropical storm, like mother like daughter rofl.gif

post-9615-0-47282100-1348439363_thumb.pn Look into my eye.... Convection really kicked off on the south side of that 'eye'

post-9615-0-95385900-1348440087_thumb.pn

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, torrential rain.

I hope not!

Certainly looks heavy tomorrow afternoon for Yorkshire.

Edited by richjb78

Posted

I'd certainly say the potential is there to exceed that total, worrying times for a few folk over the coming days.

Posted

Latest satellite image, hmmmm I think Karin is trying to take on the look of a true tropical storm, like mother like daughter rofl.gif

post-9615-0-47282100-1348439363_thumb.pn Look into my eye....

Hi liam,i have been trying to view that sat all evening but i am getting a blank white image where the animation sat should be,the time bar is moving but no animation visible,any ideas

maybe flash is playing up.

Edited by allseasons-si

Posted

Hi liam,i have been trying to view that sat all evening but i am getting a blank white image where the animation sat should be,the time bar is moving but no animation visible,any ideas

Did you press play? LOL sorry but I did think mine was broken until I hit play smile.png.... Mine works fine, thats all I know - http://www.yr.no/sat..._animasjon.html

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Those radar reflections in Southeast England look quite impressive, ...

To me, it looks like excess of 15mm an hour...

Edited a bit off your post.

I would estimate around 15-30mm maybe more in the brighter ecoes, it went through my part of Surrey and it was extreme and that was with the red returns, imagine the purple and white areas!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

These are the flood sluices at Barrow on Soar, above Loughborough.

10012000248.jpg

The floods in may/june and early July cracked the concrete surrounds and moved the brickworks several inches. The solution was to close them off with plyboard and blue string. I dread to think what could happen if these get 100 mm of rain in the 3 mile stretch of river above here....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Did you press play? LOL sorry but I did think mine was broken until I hit play smile.png.... Mine works fine, thats all I know - http://www.yr.no/sat..._animasjon.html

Nope, mine doesn't work either. Scroller thingy at the top is moving across the times but there is just a blank grey box where the image should be. Am running Chrome and everything is up to date afaik...

Posted

the time bar is moving but no animation visible

Did you press play? LOL sorry but I did think mine was broken until hit play smile.png.... Mine works fine, thats all I know - http://www.yr.no/sat..._animasjon.html

the time bar icon is moving in play mode,still nothing.wacko.png

damn,such a beautiful sat to watch,never mind.

anyway,the ppn is really getting going to the SSW now

Posted

Nope, mine doesn't work either. Scroller thingy at the top is moving across the times but there is just a blank grey box where the image should be. Am running Chrome and everything is up to date afaik...

hi PP

glad it's not just me then,i run firefox up to date with flash up to date too,so who knows.

Posted

hi PP

glad it's not just me then,i run firefox up to date with flash up to date too,so who knows.

works perfectly for me FF12 and 15.01 and chrome

Edited by Verglas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

How is morley in Leeds? It's 8 miles from Leeds:D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morley,_West_Yorkshire Having a Leeds city council bin and Leeds city council letters give it away lol