Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Child Of Nadine (Karin) - Severe Weather Discussion

Paul

Posted

Wow rain is really coming down here and just looked at forecast 77.5mm forecast for cheltenham tomorrow !!!

That sort of amounts will cause serious flooding round here !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Is that all the rain now over the uk

It hasn't reached the north east yet, its due within the next 1 or 2 hours, all calm in Darlington for now, the calm before the storm as they say

Pressure is at 1005.0hPa currently

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Hope nobody minds me joining in, new user here. Have lurked in the background for some time now, usually in the winter related threads. However, I do have an enormous interest in all types of weather and this problem child was the catalyst to finally sign up.

Looks like the first bands will hit me in the next hour or so, with the heavy stuff to follow overnight. Also looks like I may have quite a ride tomorrow, a trip to the seafront is in order.

Welcome to the forum. I say forum, I of course mean mad house.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Hope nobody minds me joining in, new user here. Have lurked in the background for some time now, usually in the winter related threads. However, I do have an enormous interest in all types of weather and this problem child was the catalyst to finally sign up.

Looks like the first bands will hit me in the next hour or so, with the heavy stuff to follow overnight. Also looks like I may have quite a ride tomorrow, a trip to the seafront is in order.

Welcome to the forum Darrandio! We don't mind at all come and join in, get yourself comfortable on the rollercoaster and enjoy :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Welcome to Netweather Darandio hi.gif enjoy your stay.smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

It will certainly be stormy on Redcar sea from tomorrow Darren the first storm of Autumn

Posted

Sky has gone, torrential outside, car park flooded, literally a waterfall coming off the roof..... Some well watered plants outside....

Lights flickering..... Lightening to south in distance....

Edited by Will Padz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

some people in kent and sussex may be getting two storms today judging by the radar, certainly getting the brunt of the rain. Quite a few sferics on the radio.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

996 mb here and dropping at a rate of 1.3mb/h. No rain as of yet, but I think it will be here soon!

Yikes, you just caused me to check my Barometer reading and it has dropped a lot since I last looked, the current trend is about 2mb per hour or so, I suppose. However, that trend is increasing quickly. acute.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Just got back from a drive out and been catching up on the thread!!! Still raining here, nothing major, but has been steady and constant since about 3pm. Winds moderate, again, nothing major, but looking forward to seeing whats gonna pack in over the next 24hrs or so!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

Wow rain is really coming down here and just looked at forecast 77.5mm forecast for cheltenham tomorrow !!!

That sort of amounts will cause serious flooding round here !!

It certainly is twister, my garden is flooded. I'm going to need a boat to get out of here!help.gif

Posted

Well, I joined the forum what, 20 minutes ago, and although it was bone dry and silent, the wind has suddently started to pick up a bit. Do I get bonus weather for joining and buying a NW Extra package? :D

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Well, I joined the forum what, 20 minutes ago, and although it was bone dry and silent, the wind has suddently started to pick up a bit. Do I get bonus weather for joining and buying a NW Extra package? biggrin.png

You'll love the radar this week!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Very messy prognosis for tonight, any of that stuff over Bay of Biscay heading into England will be very lucky. Looks likely to be very low cloud bases and any of the Thunderstorms being embedded from 2000ft-4000ft. One of my friends who visits on here regularly confirmed that early on the Cbs penetrated up to 34,000ft. That's quite high for the UK, but for September that's quite interesting.

The chance is most certainly there for Thunder and downpours but none of these massively electrically active, I suspect mostly Coastal regions,.

ukarea_mslp_crop_06_t+24.gif

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

996 mb here and dropping at a rate of 1.3mb/h. No rain as of yet, but I think it will be here soon!

not that low here yet, but it has been dropping all day at quite a rate.

Posted

Yikes, you just caused me to check my Barometer reading and it has dropped a lot since I last looked, the current trend is about 2mb per hour or so, I suppose. However, that trend is increasing quickly. acute.gif

it should be- the centre of the LP is approaching the south coast!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Just light rain up here in MORLEY at the moment

Not too sure when the bad weather will be making its way up to west yorks