Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Child Of Nadine (Karin) - Severe Weather Discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

The depression is moving in from the SSW but any clouds associated with the system will be moving cyclonic within the anti-clockwise circulation of the depression.

yep I saw that too but thought I was just overtired....thanks LiamJ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Upper clouds seem to be coming from the east/south east. Surface wind currently 07019KT locally for me.

What is that in English speak? 19 knots perhaps. cc_confused.gif If so, 21.8mph so picking up slightly I would surmise from that. mellow.png

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Aye, the clouds are moving from the East here. No more rain still but will there be more tonight?

Oh hold up..here comes the rain again.

Edited by Keraunophile

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

The 12z GFS is perhaps slightly deeper on this run, down to 975mb - very windy weather with cyclonic strong to gale force winds for many areas of the UK. The exact track of the centre still uncertain but I have no doubts that this will be quite a nasty spell of weather nearly countrywide...... Bring it on biggrin.png

I must admit the 12z GFS does indicate a windier situation than I previously imagined, maybe a ramped up version, if compared to previous outputs.

Re: your comment on the nasty aspect, are you simply referring to the rain or wind or both?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

This is what NAE is now forecasting.. ties in nicely with the amber warning for tomorrow.

7dd406949900478b86b733d.png

Posted

Shouldn't there be another amber warning for the Midlands then? Most of the models seem to predict a large amount of rain for here now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

This is what NAE is now forecasting.. ties in nicely with the amber warning for tomorrow.

7dd406949900478b86b733d.png

Well i would be needing a Dingy to get to work tomorrow afternoon at this rate, if these model precip charts come off sorry.gif

post-15543-0-03676600-1348422650_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

I must admit the 12z GFS does indicate a windier situation than I previously imagined, maybe a ramped up version, if compared to previous outputs.

Re: your comment on the nasty aspect, are you simply referring to the rain or wind or both?

I think a combination of both, but the windiest conditions will develop over the northern half of the UK during the course of Monday. UKMO & Hirlam along with the GFS all show a very tight pressure gradient on the northern flank of this depression - So this combined with the rainfall will make for some nasty conditions during tomorrow.

70mph gusts for locations exposed to the E/NE'ly winds, 40-50mph inland, perhaps higher due to funnelling and areas to the lee of high ground.

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Well i would be needing a Dingy to get to work tomorrow afternoon at this rate, if these model precip charts come off sorry.gif

I suspect the amber warning will be extended to cover a wider area, such as the Midlands and parts of the SE region

Posted

I think a combination of both, but the windiest conditions will develop over the northern half of the UK during the course of Monday. UKMO & Hirlam along with the GFS all show a very tight pressure gradient on the northern flank of this depression - So this combined with the rainfall will make for some nasty conditions during tomorrow.

The GFS most definitely did and that has to be of concern, what with all the saturated ground. I still need to look at the other outputs. good.gif

My eyes were also drawn to the southern section of the low, come late Monday into Tuesday (IMBY) which was perhaps, equally noteworthy.

Posted

Started to rain now...bring it on.

Hope my tv ariel stays where it is its a bit wobbly

Posted

Wellies at the ready for 10 inches of rain

Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fire tornado

Been raining almost non-stop since 10am this morning, I have recorded only 7.8mm total rain today which errr isnt very much... When is this system going to get above relentless drizzle?