Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion 12z 18/10/2012

phil nw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

I must agree to disagree as I think weather of any type is not boring and all deserves it's place in an enthusiasts mind but I take your point. Anyway I better get some sleep as the 00zs will soon be out.

That made me chuckle....I'll nick name you LLoyd George smiliz19.gif

BFTP

Edited by BLAST FROM THE PAST

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

New thread coming soon as I am fed up of the thread constantly directing me two pages back due to the deleted posts!!

Edited by chionomaniac

Posted

Things seem to be backing west all the time & the angle & tilt of the trough over scandi will promote some sort of westward pulse of the Siberian air-Im not saying that will reach the UK at day 12-14 but worth keeping an eye over east in the next 5 days...S

Have you looked at the NH plot of GEM in its latter stages. very interesting and rather early to be looking towards Siberian synotics.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

I liked the c'est la vie comment Fred, it is a pity the main body of the trough will be further west rather than to the east of the uk but it's still nearly 5 weeks until the meteorological winter starts and we are already having model output which is more like mid/late november rather than the last week of october, definately some wintry potential and a massive improvement on the endless mild sw'lies we had last oct/nov.