Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North of England Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

We were literally right on the edge. Quite frustrating watching all those bright colours filtering down a couple of miles east and just catching the odd flurry or hail shower.

They were only falling as sleet mainly anyway mate, you've not missed out on much. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

-2°C at Spadeadam cold.gif

Posted

Brrr well cold any sleet for me or is it snowgo?

I think the east lancs have a good chance of seeing some frontal edge snow tomorrow, but don't get your hopes up!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Still 2C here but it's forecasted to get to -3 tonight according to wunderground! highs of 2C on Sunday according to met office.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I think the east lancs have a good chance of seeing some frontal edge snow tomorrow, but don't get your hopes up!

This time last night i'd have agreed BT but after the overnight non event I 'm not so sure.

That said though, the temperatures are certainly playing their part as it now -0.3 and currently dropping at a rate of about 1c every 20 minutes

Should be the coldest night of the period tonight.

Posted

They were only falling as sleet mainly anyway mate, you've not missed out on much. laugh.png

Hardly, had a few snow showers here today, heavy one this morning, but nearer the coast would have been more sleety I would have thought. Personally, I hate missing out on anything. laugh.png

Posted

Hardly, had a few snow showers here today, heavy one this morning, but nearer the coast would have been more sleety I would have thought. Personally, I hate missing out on anything. laugh.png

I'd take sunshine over a sleety mess any day :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

anywhere east of blackburn or north of Kendal probably going to get snow but anywhere south and west from them will probably have freezing rain or sleet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

anywhere east of blackburn or north of Kendal probably going to get snow but anywhere south and west from them will probably have freezing rain or sleet.

Thats us then!! Rain or sleet take your pick

Posted

I think there is little chance of freezing rain this time tbh.

I'm pretty shocked that the NMM is indicating snow with uppers of -3C in the east by the time the precipitation arrives. The surface cold won't be in place in the west for freezing rain to be an issue though.

Will probably start as sleet though in the west imo.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

-1.1 here now.

Posted

I get a little excited when someone posts that it's snowing - then suddenly realise that this is the Northern England thread and not just NW - and it's the easterners getting it lol They'll probably feel the same if/when we get our prized NNW Irish Sea setup.

Clear skies here now, temps says 2c on desktop but I think that's wrong judging by the frost already forming on the car roof. It's going to be bitterly cold by early hours no doubt.

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Dont know the temp here but its freezing again now, starting to frost over and glisten out there.

Posted

Just said on BBC weather, some part's could drop to -9c in rural places, over Northern England.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

I havent looked through the thread for today and apologies if it has already been discussed but what do folk think are our chances of getting some snow tuesday into wednesday?

Posted

I havent looked through the thread for today and apologies if it has already been discussed but what do folk think are our chances of getting some snow tuesday into wednesday?

Looks good for you overnight tomorrow, don't know about Tues/Wednes. Not checked. :lol:

Dunno how low it'll go tonight tbh here. Wind keeps getting up every now and then causing some fluctuations. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Looks good for you overnight tomorrow, don't know about Tues/Wednes. Not checked. laugh.png

Dunno how low it'll go tonight tbh here. Wind keeps getting up every now and then causing some fluctuations. sad.png

Tell you what BT not looking to bad for Tues night/wed morning for the NW

plenty of PPN around DPS of -2 and 850s at -6 maybe slightly better than marginal in my book

as for tomorrow night forget it rain followed by a milder blip temps for the North West upto about 7c monday

before dropping away again Monday night/Tuesday

C.S

Posted

Tell you what BT not looking to bad for Tues night/wed morning for the NW

plenty of PPN around DPS of -2 and 850s at -6 maybe slightly better than marginal in my book

as for tomorrow night forget it rain followed by a milder blip temps for the North West upto about 7c monday

before dropping away again Monday night/Tuesday

C.S

Don't care about tomorrow really - even if it snowed it'd turn to rain - pointless!

NW'erly wind on Tuesday is interesting.

What is annoying me is this breeze. Was -0.5C earlier, up to -0.2C now.

Posted

Don't care about tomorrow really - even if it snowed it'd turn to rain - pointless!

NW'erly wind on Tuesday is interesting.

What is annoying me is this breeze. Was -0.5C earlier, up to -0.2C now.

When are the mods going to open the reginal threads up?

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Breeze here too stopping the temperature from falling fast.. either the breeze dies down, or the forecast of a very harsh frost tonight will not happen.

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Bit of a difference between the warnings out.

NW are giving the chances of snow across the width of Northern England but Met O. place the emphasis more towards the east and north east.

Who will end up closer to the correct outcome; onlt time will tell but in both cases I think altitude will play a major role.

Drop in temperature has slowed down here...........now at -1.3c

Posted

Showers eased now. It's deadly out there! Temp +1.4C, Humidity 76%. Dew point of -2.3C and ice forming on all surfaces from the earlier showers. The roads are glistening and whiting over!

So we didn't get any lying snow from todays showers but it was great to see it falling and the ice rink outside making this cold snap feel all the more wintry!

Charts looking great too apparently. Here's hoping!

Posted

When are the mods going to open the reginal threads up?

C.S

When it gets busy enough. Right now there's 17 users in here. Hardly enough to warrant numerous different threads haha. Once the snow comes, the members will too. :p

Posted

Yes as is usually the case. Not enough cold air around at the moment for us to the West of the hills.

Posted

When it gets busy enough. Right now there's 17 users in here. Hardly enough to warrant numerous different threads haha. Once the snow comes, the members will too. blum.gif

But winter is more than just SNOW BT tease.gif

C.S