Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion

Coast

Posted

ECM 00z is a bit of a stinker, but it does seem to go a bit funny trying to deal with the (tropical depression?) wee low in the mid-Atlantic here:

Actually, is it just me or does the GFS 00z deal with it in a fairly similar manner?

I like the ECM's cold, WNW'lies and that the GFS rolling out now is progging the same ... gfs-0-168.png?6

Shed loads of snow to come for the mountains. dirol.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Aye, looks like a reasonable chance to me too.

Fairly doomish and gloomish on the MT thread this morning, but as someone pointed out to LS overnight "you live in Scotland"... laugh.png that did make me laugh.

He obviously hadnt looked properly at the run because the 00Z GFS was perhaps the worst run for Scottish snow prospects in the last few days. He's right though, I do live in Scotland, that mythical icy wasteland just slightly to the south of Lapland, where any setup really would bring snow.

NAE 06Z

Thurs evening

Early Friday.

The GFS also picks up on a feature running south on Saturday, cold air digs in behind:

post-2844-0-86226700-1354108586_thumb.pn

post-2844-0-02247200-1354108683_thumb.pn

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Ach well, whatever happens, looks like snow-depths will be building up in the Scottish resorts over the next couple of weeks.

As long as we avoid newspaper stories about Daffs blooming in December, I'll live with probable cool-zonality for now.

That's probably a good thing; means we're likely in for a huge dumping of snaw.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Cold today! Sunny now after a grey & drizzly start. Don't see much prospect for snow just here but inland and places with some height will be white after this weekend for sure.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

MT oh my goodness...........Yesterday was like a kids xmas party and today its like Jimmy Savile has walked in......there all talking about taking time off the models at a time when I cant recall such interesting learning opportunities!! If it does not show what they like say its my ball im away home :)

I am finding it fascinating following the good posters as they try to disect the multitude of permutations.....

Mibbees Naw

Mibbees Snaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sunshine

Totally Agree.....they dont get the hint its going to be very cold so what if it dont snow it wil come anyway best sticking to this forum incase i get my head chewed off for sticking with the cold just cant see a mild spell happening

Posted

Nice bright day with sunny intervels and cold with a maximum of 4c. Looks like being frosty tonight and currently 2c. Think I saw a light snow shower over Hairy Celt about 4.00pm with one or two other light ones to the NE over the Firth. Hills round the Firth have a fresh dusting down to about a 1000 feet with considerably more over 2000 feet.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted

Maxed at 3C today, nice sunset but the camera stayed indoors. The only photos taken in the last few days have been of cold sloppy mud on a construction site. Any takers?

Cannot be @r5ed with the MT any more. Wasted 15 mins today and saw three posts that were worth reading.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Still just above freezing here, but I doubt it'll stay that way for long. Whaur's ma thermals?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Hit 4C here in the sunshine earlier. Min was -1.3c. Currently 1.2C with a slight breeze. Looks like a high ground snow mostly next week. Maybe later in December will give us all the snaw?

Two years ago last night I was woken up around 3AM by a loud clap of thunder which was to continue on and off until early afternoon with heavy snow and hail in a strong Easterly wind. oh well. can't happen every year I suppose.sorry.gif

Posted

A high of 2C today, currently 0.1C and dropping but with a hefty cloud cover so may well keep temps up a bit tonight. Anticipating some snaw over the next few days, unsure to what extent or when though. Maybe I should pop on the MT for some indepth analysis of the up coming set-up for the Highlands? Or maybe I should just join HC and see what Aunt Betty's tits are saying these days? Far more comprehensive me thinks

Edited by Northern Strath

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

Had a wee look in the Mad Hoose (MT)crazy.gif

Ah take it snawmageddon is off the menu for today then rolleyes.gif

Shoudnae venture in there doh.gif it's full of new ball breaking wrist slitters wallbash.gif

What's the real story ma learned Kilted crewunknw.gif

Big Innes

Posted

lol big innes....... I think NW flow over weekend gonna feel very chilly but marginal for snow away from higher ground....a definite case of look oot the window.....thats from earlier as ive no actually looked at the 6z but just thought id guess like aw chunt else on the MT smile.png

main BBC weather just said chance of significant snow in highlands and even down to SE Scotland through Friday night

Edited by edodfc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

main BBC weather just said chance of significant snow in highlands and even down to SE Scotland through Friday night

Literally was just about to type this! You stole my thunder doh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Brrr! Let the dog out just now and if you've ever heard the expression 'dockyard rivets' ....go figure!whistling.gif -0.2oC at the mo and a nice frost forming with a dew point of -3.2oC and a NW wind. A bit of everything in the next few days I think, which keeps things interesting!

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Good chance of snow on Friday! The weekend is still a bit of a mystery!acute.gif

Posted

A high of 2C today, currently 0.1C and dropping but with a hefty cloud cover so may well keep temps up a bit tonight. Anticipating some snaw over the next few days, unsure to what extent or when though. Maybe I should pop on the MT for some indepth analysis of the up coming set-up for the Highlands? Or maybe I should just join HC and see what Aunt Betty's tits are saying these days? Far more comprehensive me thinks

Auntie Jessie it was... As Blitzkrieg says tho, a bit of everything coming up... I hope to shirk off domesticity & work for a decent day out some time soon and go in search of Arctic Foxes and Polar Bears... (no, not the Black Isle Disgrace and Rip-off Shambles).

Posted

Literally was just about to type this! You stole my thunder doh.gif

only because i thought it was thundersnow ;)