Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Just got back hame, been oot at the Queensferry Lodge wi the family for the eldest daughters birthday

Two cars off the road in the ditches on both sides oops.gif stopped to check if anyone was still in them or hurt? Abandoned!

Snaw aboot 2" deep even on the main road.

Nice Winter Scene oot there noo clap.gif

Big Innes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Just got back hame, been oot at the Queensferry Lodge wi the family for the eldest daughters birthday

Two cars off the road in the ditches on both sides oops.gif stopped to check if anyone was still in them or hurt? Abandoned!

Snaw aboot 2" deep even on the main road.

Nice Winter Scene oot there noo clap.gif

Big Innes

I didn't realise how snowy west Fife was compared to here until I came on the forum. Anyway, enjoy the snow, sounds fantastic.good.gif

Posted

I didn't realise how snowy west Fife was compared to here until I came on the forum. Anyway, enjoy the snow, sounds fantastic.good.gif

Hi LS,

Even coming off the M90 at Kelty there is covering, but the nearer tae Big Innes country the deeper the Snaw good.gif

Big Innes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Hi LS,

Even coming off the M90 at Kelty there is covering, but the nearer tae Big Innes country the deeper the Snaw good.gif

Big Innes

Always seems to be the way, the wonders a few miles from the sea and a bit of elevation can make eh? Don't think there's any snow back at the halls either so I'm not missing much, and Sunday night appears to be a better bet in Fife rather than on the other side of the Forth so I'm probably quite well positioned for snowfall this week.

Not that anyone really needs to be told this but take care this morning, it is very icy out there. The car went sideways a couple of times taking Mrs Catch up to work, which is not a good look for a mini-Shogun :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

agreed very icy! I daren't take the dog out yet - he walks me at the best of times - add the ice and I'm bound to end on me ers e!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Not that anyone really needs to be told this but take care this morning, it is very icy out there. The car went sideways a couple of times taking Mrs Catch up to work, which is not a good look for a mini-Shogun laugh.png

Aye. Winter rubber morning here. Layer of ice with some frozen sleet topped with a liberal dusting of crunchy snaw.

-0.1 C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Rain,rain,rain here last night, Think just about everywhere round about had some snow though !!

Never mind. NAE brings us something more substantial for Sunday evening...

post-7292-0-13877500-1354350083_thumb.gi

Drive and walk safe.. or better still, just don't go anywhere !

Posted

Rain obviously turned to snow at some point during the night and we have a thin, icy layer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

South Suburban Embra isn't even icy as it only rained part of the night and the paths and cobbles are dry now...

but there's a good sprinkling of white on the north face of Caerketton, I can see, so at least the Pentlands are being festive for the First of December! :)

Take care on the roads, everyone...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter Sun in summer

snow showers given a nice light covering in my area of the city have to admit id thought it would stay as rain or sleet here pleasant surprise..i think the next two weeks may well be very interesting a lovely cold pooling gathering to our north east lets hope we can tap into it

Posted

A Beautiful Wintry first of December here.

Crisp, Cauld & Snow covered biggrin.png

Take care and enjoy!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas whistling.gif

Big Innes

Edited by Big Innes Madori

Posted

Morning all. Ochils have a nice covering of snaw after last night, but up here, well there is no need to pay £30 for a family ticket to the ice rink in Princess Street Gardens.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

agreed very icy! I daren't take the dog out yet - he walks me at the best of times - add the ice and I'm bound to end on me ers e!

Very unladylike when that happens! Happened to me countless times rolleyes.gif The dog is always so desperate to get where he's going, that he doesn't even care that he's dragging you! Gives you a good idea what a husky and sled ride is like tho'!laugh.png

Jeez, everything is covered in sheet-ice out back. Goodness only knows what the side roads and pavements are like! Gritters here have worked non stop overnight so the main roads should be okay.

0.7oC/-2.3oC/WNW.

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Anyone notice that Steve Murr has been on here this morning? Was on for ages. Must have been reading the whole thread! Probably trying to decipher oor 'twang'! Ers.e? what's ers.e?!laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

He ain't the only one, B...You've got more snow than we have!

Postman Colin will be enjoying his round?

Posted

No snow here but very wet ground here after overnight sleet but there is snow on the Black Isle across the Firth to the north but just a dusting

.Currently 0.5c and sky clearing so frost coming down after sunrise. Just to add all high ground round the Firth above 500 feet now has deep cover after the overnight falls. Very seasonal. Skiers will be very happy this morning.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted

The predicted ice rink has materialised in a big way! Hellish to walk out there! The lack of snow even on the hills (only the very top has a very slight covering) is disappointing

Posted

No snow here but very wet ground here after overnight sleet but there is snow on the Black Isle across the Firth to the north but just a dusting

.Currently 0.5c and sky clearing so frost coming down after sunrise.

Hi NL,

One Farmer only now managing to lift Hay Bales from a couple of the big fields here the last two days after some decent frost in the ground to firm it up a bit.

The Bales have lay in these fields since the middle of August due to the sodden state of the ground with the wettest year here IVUR.wallbash.gif

Looks like he will manage to lift the lot this weekend with this continuing frost and now the snow cover clap.gif

The beasts will need a' this feeding this winter excl.png

Big Innes