Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Phew, what a day to be off work drinks.gif

EDIT: mate corridor good.gif

U working for the meto now BFT :) oh and u have mair profile pics than the schizos in the MT have personalities .... I like it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

Hi all

We had some pretty amazing charts today, I'm trying not to get carried away so I was wondering what are the chances of these charts happening?

Edited by Allyw12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Blizzards, Storms, Sun, Lightening

Hi all

We had some pretty amazing charts today, I'm trying not to get carry away so I was wondering what are the chances of these charts happening?

It's best to take each run as it comes and see how things are developing as a general trend across the board of all the models. Earlier today there was some disagreement amongst the models. I think the general consensus though is this will most definitely be an interesting few weeks in the lead up to Christmas!

Posted

Hi all

We had some pretty amazing charts today, I'm trying not to get carried away so I was wondering what are the chances of these charts happening?

I'm sure in the current output we would say rare but then all the background signals and teleconnections reports from the knowledgeable have been saying this winter could produce significant winter weather so perhaps more chance than normal....we would be incredibly lucky to have these charts verify in 10days time however it looks like we will be having proper winter weather for a good spell regardless of how severe it is and I'm happy with that....these mad charts would be an amazing bonus.... I however know fleck all so LS and Lorenzo may say sometime in next few days its nailed.... Kneels down and prays

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: North Atlantic cyclogenesis

Watch the price of snow shovels quadruple over the next week. 09/10 all over again.!

Have two here - both pristine, ready for a good doing soon :-)

Posted

Hi all

reality is, no matter how much we would love ECM to be right, chances are slim to hee haw. i am tempted to go down the SM route and say give it another 24 even 48 hours and see where we are at.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms and extremes

Hi all

Hi,

Supposing these charts do come off, what will you do?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

reality is, no matter how much we would love ECM to be right, chances are slim to hee haw. i am tempted to go down the SM route and say give it another 24 even 48 hours and see where we are at.

Well we have cross model agreement on some kind of easterly flow now, and that almost inevitably means cold. The ECM is a bit more extreme than the others but there's no reason to suggest it's any less plausible than the other possibilities...

Posted

Hi,

Supposing these charts do come off, what will you do?

She will build an igloo and cut holes in the ice of the Tay to go fishing before heading off for a snowmobile trip around the hermitage #simples

Posted

She will build an igloo and cut holes in the ice of the Tay to go fishing before heading off for a snowmobile trip around the hermitage #simples

I quite fancy a polar expedition to Denmark on foot over the frozen North Sea.

Edited by snow1975

Posted

Well we have cross model agreement on some kind of easterly flow now, and that almost inevitably means cold. The ECM is a bit more extreme than the others but there's no reason to suggest it's any less plausible than the other possibilities...

The Met Office 6 to 15 day outlook also offers the possibility of what I interprate as an easterly. A lot more wintry than yesterday when they were talking of possible milder interlude pushing into the north west. I guess they now have the HP slightly further north than yesterday.

Posted

The government have their agencies on alert and have fired up their severe weather procedures so they certainly worried at info from met office could see serious disruption...either that or just panic now because of the m.8 shambles

Edit why does this site think m.8 means I want to say mate lol

Edited by edodfc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

The Met Office 6 to 15 day outlook also offers the possibility of what I interprate as an easterly. A lot more wintry than yesterday when they were talking of possible milder interlude pushing into the north west. I guess they now have the HP slightly further north than yesterday.

Yes, the UKMO yesterday wasn't great and there was no model consensus but today we have almost across the board agreement of the beginnings of an easterly at T+120. I'd give it another 24 hours before signing off on that bit but once that's 'nailded on' then we can start to really look at what type of snowfall we'd like best.

Posted

I watch the models everyday but I don't usually write in the forums. I was punching the air when the ECM came out tonight! It's fairly certain an easterly is going to happen. I hope it doesn't 'south grade' and become an England only event as often happens with easterlies. Even in 1991 and 1987, Scotland missed the worst of the cold pool. Tonights ECM has the whole UK in its grasp.

Posted

The government have their agencies on alert and have fired up their severe weather procedures so they certainly worried at info from met office could see serious disruption...either that or just panic now because of the m.8 shambles

Edit why does this site think m.8 means I want to say mate lol

Must have been in the bad old days whn ppl 4gt 2 use vwls

Posted

Yes, the UKMO yesterday wasn't great and there was no model consensus but today we have almost across the board agreement of the beginnings of an easterly at T+120. I'd give it another 24 hours before signing off on that bit but once that's 'nailded on' then we can start to really look at what type of snowfall we'd like best.

ECM is ridiculous. I'll eat my shoe if that comes off. Have we ever experienced such a monster?

Posted

Tomorrow has the potential for a significant snow event over the hills in particular. It's also the 2nd year Anniversary of the mate shambles which I got stuck on for 16hours in 2010 smile.png

Not getting excited by the easterly yet... has gone wrong so many times!! laugh.png

Edited by Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Start Digging...

post-7292-0-61052800-1354733762_thumb.gi

Lost for words..

post-7292-0-40719600-1354733898_thumb.gi

The Beastliest of Beastly Easterlies..

Ooooh Er Missus! That's a corker! We had a wee touch o' snaw this morning and then everything froze...-2.5 at 5.30 this evening. temp now up to 2 degrees and I believe more white stuff heading our way overnight. Whaurs ma snowboots?

Posted

ECM is ridiculous. I'll eat my shoe if that comes off. Have we ever experienced such a monster?

November 2010 in terms of uppers wasn't all that far off it to be honest, although in terms of a British-Isles wide easterly it would be hard to top that ECM. The thing is that the first bit has almost full ensemble support:

EDM1-120.GIF?05-0

and the mean looks pretty much the same for the fun part:

EDM1-192.GIF?05-0

Posted

My ice sheet left after snowfall Sunday/Monday still intact. A little light snow last night but didn't amount too much. Snow shovel sitting at the front door ready for the morning -3.9c/-6.3c. Ps excellent model runs tonight, in particular ECM, that was almost perfection for snow and cold lovers.