Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

no fog, minimum temp -5.4C, feels a waste as there is no snow, just the atlantic charging through, typical môdern era fashion without a fight, and rain

3 days of inversion style cold, and I still havent seen a flake of snow

Posted

Hi there folks......

Amazing the difference in the 3 miles betwen Knowle and here.

Here in central Solihull its cold -2.5C. Currently low cloud/fog, but its changed 3 times in the last 1.5 hrs altermating between brillant blue skies and dense freezing fog.

Everyone be very careful travelling on the motorways today and tomorrow morning. These are very dangerous conditions

Also the minimum dropped to -2.9C at 07:30 this morning.

MIA

lol when I wrote my first post there were brilliant blue skies outside. Since then a very heavy fog has descended, in fact I can't even see the tree tops anymore.

Currently -2.4C, with a minimum of -3.0C at 7:33 am

Bish

Posted

Yes, sky here in Redditch has gone from blue - to very overcast / cloudy.

Some sites showing light snow for Thursday morning for our region , what do you think guys ?

Posted
Some sites showing light snow for Thursday morning for our region , what do you think guys ?

I'll believe it when I see it falling from the sky! If it does indeed snow, I can only assume it'll be very light and brief. Still, something is better than nothing I guess.

Bish

Posted

driving up to birmingham on the country roads yesterday morning was a dreadful mistake. on the junction near hagley golf course was an awful black ice patch which obviously went unnoticed by me. i tried to brake leading up to the junction but obviously couldnt stop. put the handbrake on in panic and went straight out into the junction. thank god nothing was coming as i wouldve crashed or worse still lost my life. take extra care on those ungritted roads.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i c on the model thread some people started looking at 240h charts again. I don't think think this winter's gona be anything to sing about. I hope im totaly wrong i know we r only 11day's into winter and i also know that peeps will tell me how good the background signals r, how ever these excelent signals haven't mfavoured us yet has it? Yes parts of the country have seen snow but that's the usial places.

Posted

My word just taken a look at the ukmo 12z the precipitation that was forecast for thursday has been pushed way south and the colder air hangs around for a lot longer!!maybe just maybe ðŸ˜!!

Posted

driving up to birmingham on the country roads yesterday morning was a dreadful mistake. on the junction near hagley golf course was an awful black ice patch which obviously went unnoticed by me. i tried to brake leading up to the junction but obviously couldnt stop. put the handbrake on in panic and went straight out into the junction. thank god nothing was coming as i wouldve crashed or worse still lost my life. take extra care on those ungritted roads.

Good grief that sounds terrifying. Thank goodness you're okay!

ohmy.png

Bish

Posted

Fog drifting in here late morning and has sat around ever since. Currently -1.5c

Sadly, we the temp in my garden did just creep up to +0.1c at 11.30am so no ice day :(

Somebody on the model discussion just mentioned its snowing in coventry!!can anyone give a little bit more insight into this!!

There's a risk of 'power station' snow - or even, as we've experienced at least twice before in Evesham 'railway snow' under freezing fog conditions. Technically it's not snow, but looks good :D

Posted

Fog drifting in here late morning and has sat around ever since. Currently -1.5c

Sadly, we the temp in my garden did just creep up to +0.1c at 11.30am so no ice day sad.png

There's a risk of 'power station' snow - or even, as we've experienced at least twice before in Evesham 'railway snow' under freezing fog conditions. Technically it's not snow, but looks good biggrin.png

Power station snow, gosh thats new, got rugeley power station 9 miles to my SE, can see the smoke from certain locations around here, no frost or fog here, just nuisance value low cloud at 0.1C

Posted

Well the fog never really cleared here today, once it had rolled in after nine this morning. If anything it got heavier as the day progressed.

The temperature did fleetingly manage to reach the giddy heights of 2.5C around mid-afternoon, but it has fallen back below zero again now - currently -0.3C

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Thick fog and temp of -2.4c not looking forward to a trip down the M1 tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

that's an intresting1 wht is power station snow?

Posted

a wonderful -7.4C here this morning. Gone bit foggy now, so should be looking very pretty by the morning.

that's an intresting1 wht is power station snow?

I think it is snow that forms from the steam coming out of the cooling towers

Posted

Good grief that sounds terrifying. Thank goodness you're okay!

ohmy.png

Bish

i know, a real near death experience i feel! the roads down wassell grove way(dont know if you are familiar with the area) are a death trap in the cold weather.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Very cold and crystal clear

Current Temp -5.1c

Dew Point -5.7c

Wind Chill -4.9c

Posted

Usual situation then, no snow or proper cold for foreseeable future, always the same these days, just hope these less cold days are mainly dry, with the frontal bands arriving at night

certainly nowadays months with no snow becoming miles more common, not seen snow in march for years, none in Dec 12, Jan 12, Feb 11, used to see snow every march in 90's

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Overnight low of -4.4c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

-4.2c and fog looks winter wonder land outside shame it's not going to last , one more day then it's rain and wind. Stay safe on the roads today.