Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Registered 34mm here today... God help us for the next few days. This year has been truly exceptional for weather, lets hope this winter proves to give more of the same... However of the white snowy variety!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Another low looking increasingly likely to cause havoc on Sunday then;

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Recm961.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack2.gif

Worrying times ahead for the SW.

Posted

Ciao for now folks - (v v interesting converstation just now with UKMO re developments as per ECMWF 12z into the following weekend.... but I'll let the model thread folks ponder all that for now!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

C'mon Ian, give us a clue ! Saying that any form of ramp in there just now will send the place crazy. Over 1000 folks on line this evening for the pub run !

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Yes, that weather forecast at 10:30pm can wait!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

What region is it ?? Will dial in.

Realised that was insane question.. meant which of the Beeb channels is it on Sky :facepalm:

Edited by lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

West?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

West?

Nah Look North and East. blum.gif

Posted

Ciao for now folks - (v v interesting converstation just now with UKMO re developments as per ECMWF 12z into the following weekend.... but I'll let the model thread folks ponder all that for now!)

That's one big tease!

Great for us West folks that we have a top guy like Ian posting here.

Having seen the model runs the last 48 hours seems to be getting exciting for end next week.......maybe.

Posted

Oh final ps: and don't wholly rule out snow Sat night with nocturnal cooling on N/Nw flank of low....recall a few weeks ago? enough said for now! Off to studio.

I mentioned that on the Mod Disc thread earlier today and was informed that that scenario was a likely no-no. Temps too high - interesting from Ian there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Holy moses.

Whilst its out in FI and perhaps not the best choice of chart, add to that, the fact its from the PUB run. I just can't help feeling that GP and Chiono must have influenced our planet's weather gods to come up with a chart like this. shok.gif

post-7183-0-97066700-1353537427_thumb.pn

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

I've never seen the SW thread so busy aside from when its actually snowing. lol.

Think Ian's posts are making this thread rather popular. :p

Not looking forward to tomorrow however, think its going to be another long day for moi, some wild weather approaching!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Floods galore here today and absolute traffic chaos!! Had to use my local knowledge of all the back lanes to get from Eastington to Stroud via (unbeknown to me) a flooded Haresfeild. Haven't seen it like this since 07.

Posted

Think I'm going to faint.. Its all a little too exciting for me! As much as I'm anticipating the events from now to the w/e, I can't wait to see what the cold will bring to our region. Good job I've started xmas shopping!

Posted

Think I'm going to faint.. Its all a little too exciting for me! As much as I'm anticipating the events from now to the w/e, I can't wait to see what the cold will bring to our region. Good job I've started xmas shopping!

Same! Not looking forward to tomorrow though, I have a feeling it's going to be hell.

Answer your pm's Mr F! I need your advice before the morning. :)

Posted

After the unexpected snowfall a couple of weeks back I never know what to expect anymore.

Don't think we will see any sustained snowcover for a while but I definetly wouldn't rule out marginal snowfall events.

All very interesting and a great start to winter IMO.

Posted

Defo - on a par with the build up to 2010 for me (sorry can't do quotes as on phone). Can't wait for more from Mr F!

I'm off to buy a snow shovel and salt in the morning..may need a boat before that tho!

Sorry! Can't help but ramp!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Oh my.... Without trying to jinx it all I have a slight december 2010 feeling about all this! wub.png

Must try not to get carried away though as could end up coming down with a bump! vava.gif

Lets look to the here and now though first of all.... saturdays marginal event rofl.gif

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Channel low = Heavy snow

Oh my.... Without trying to jinx it all I have a slight december 2010 feeling about all this! wub.png

Must try not to get carried away though as could end up coming down with a bump! vava.gif

Lets look to the here and now though first of all, saturdays marginal event rofl.gif

Everyone will have to buy ice skates not sledges this time next week lol Edited by Dave Kightley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Everyone will have to buy ice skates not sledges this time next week lol

As long as that H20 isn't in liquid form I really don't mind! I think we have seen enough of the wet stuff! aggressive.gif

Can't wait for another pasting from the rain and a drive in it thursday pm mega_shok.gif

Posted

Well another winter and back to our thread! tease.gif

I hope the flooding isn't to bad tomorrow for people as today, there is a lot of rain to come down and in a short amount of time the wind will also be a feature could see a good few tree's uprooted well in land. And if that isn't enough there could still be more to come this weekend! help.gif Is there risk of tornado's with tomorrows front? If so I'm sure Torro will be on the case in the morning but I was expecting something from them by now.

Getting really excited about what the models are showing at the moment for late next week, trying my best not to though! 2010 does spring to mind indeed going to be very exciting watching them over the next few days and following the model thread! good.gif I'm really still learning and don't feel to confident to post in there just yet! blum.gif But I'm learning a lot from different people!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather what else!

Yes, it'll be a potentially tornadic front with distinct LEWP characteristics; however for public forecasts we will describe simply as 'squally'. Catch y'all in morning!

For someone who likes extreme weather I feel I could burst with excitement at the momentsmiliz39.gif

Thank you for all the updates, you're a credit to this site.