Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

No rain here yet but the lights keep flickering!

It does seem to dragging its feet somewhat but I expect the squall to affect you within the next 20 minutes or so, if not nearer 6 o'clock. drinks.gif I am amazed that the squall has held itself together all day long, that in itself is pretty impressive. drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

It does seem to dragging its feet somewhat but I expect the squall to affect you within the next 20 minutes or so, if not nearer 6 o'clock. drinks.gif I am amazed that the squall has held itself together all day long, that in itself is pretty impressive. drinks.gif

What's more alarming is what else I've noticed.....there are so many drinks.gif in your posts Tony....You drink far too much....Now, where's my pint dammit!.....lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.

Following about 25mins of driving, lashing soaking rain we now have a steady moderate soaking going on... enough to keep the lake outside my house expanding slowly. I'll bet my bottom dollar that the A38 to Taunton will be closed again, and the river Tone very close to bursting its banks.

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

A monsoon just hit Wellington - the road and driveway outside my house is a lake, and it is still hammering down. So far 15mins - I would imagine it has been enough already to close all the local roads that were closed yesterday. Flooding is going to be widespread again.

I'm in Wellington and yes i'd agree a monsoon.My back fence has gone .Not good,are you ok? my Son just arrived home and I'm relieved.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just drove back and there were blue lights wizzing all over the place and I had to drive round two fllen trees. Just glad I'm back home before the worst arrives unsure.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Well that's part of the fence gone, lights flickering but not a lot of rain so far. Hubby just got home from Shepton Mallet, there's a tree down in the car park at work, squashed a car but fortunately no one in it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed he doesn't get called out over night to a dangerous structure!

Posted

What's more alarming is what else I've noticed.....there are so many drinks.gif in your posts Tony....You drink far too much....Now, where's my pint dammit!.....lol

Thats a requirement of the south west thread! drinks.gif

Posted

I crawled out from under my duvet to take the girlie to work (good deed and all that) and I have to say that it was pretty hairy at times. My windscreen wipers couldn't keep up with the amount of rain and turning around some corners was an issue as I couldn't see where the pavements started because of the sheer amount of water that is falling from the sky.

Madness. I cannot remember ever seeing anything like this before.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Best rain storm I've riden home in for a long while. The wind was actually pushing me along too. More please acute.gif

Posted

Wind really strong here. Went down the seafront earlier and there was foam all over. Could barely stand up

I think it's about to hit us any moment

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Squall line just arriving here, hammering down out there, and very gusty.

Posted

Max gust 41.4mph here and the squall is no where near us yet... Wish I had put away all the garden furniture doh.gif

What are we looking at, a couple of hours?

Posted

I am actually getting excited to see this squall line although glad I got home first. I can almost smell it! drinks.gif

post-8911-0-55080700-1353607450_thumb.pn

If this was snow however this place would be in meltdown... smiliz23.gif

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

Max gust 41.4mph here and the squall is no where near us yet... Wish I had put away all the garden furniture doh.gif

What are we looking at, a couple of hours?

I'd say so. Probably with you by 9.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.

is the rain still going there?

Still raining. I make it 1 hour and 20mins of either very heavy or moderate rain now without a break on top of showers earlier. I dont know what the rainfall total is so far - doesnt really matter: the ground wont cope with the speed of what has fallen so I am expecting to hear of transport chaos. In fact I have already met one lad up here who cant get home tonight...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Think its about to hit...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Love this sort of weather. Just gutted I'm working so can't join in the chat.

Rain easing now. So are the winds as forecast once the squall line has passed through.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather

is the rain still going there?

Yes in a word! the bottom of my road is flooded.Never seen that in 17yrs! Don't go near Seymour street!!!!!!!!!!!