Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Extract from GP's latest post in Mod Disc Thread

2nd week of December -

"Moving ahead, GEFS mean also picking up on a slight westward shift in the blocking high allowing an attempted Atlantic attack from the south west."

Could we see one of the infamous LPs approaching the south west, getting halted and dumping copious amounts of snow?

Long way off but we can dream!

Posted

Extract from GP's latest post in Mod Disc Thread

2nd week of December -

"Moving ahead, GEFS mean also picking up on a slight westward shift in the blocking high allowing an attempted Atlantic attack from the south west."

Could we see one of the infamous LPs approaching the south west, getting halted and dumping copious amounts of snow?

Long way off but we can dream!

That is something I have been waiting for, for a very long time. There is nothing worse than a snow to rain attack from the SW. I would love to see a snow to more snow attack for just once! Scotland and the NE have had more than enough snow from the last few winters..........our turn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Well what exciting times we have... Though in the short term after last night, I'm not sure we should call it exciting. Just up the road from me someone died in the floods.. What's confusing me are the warnings, there are three out for the south west, all say to expect 30mm plus... This doesn't meant 90mm over the weekend and Monday does it?!

If so.. I'm off to buy a boat.

In other news, I have just ordered some snow boots! Now need to buy shovel and salt. Hope I can get to our Christmas do next Saturday on mendip! (I know... Getting ahead of myself again!)

Also, a channel low is shown in the 06z GFS - FI I know but you never know - all to play for at the moment.

Edited by khodds

Posted

I wonder if there is still any chances of backedge snow at the weekend which (if I understood his post correctly) Ian Ferguson rasied a couple of days ago

Posted

It's not been mentioned since has it? Guess they are more concerned re. The rain amounts

Posted

Well by the time the squall line went through here it wasn't very dramatic, just moderate rain & the wind didn't seem to increase as it was blustery before anyway. Still got around 8 mm of rain from it.

Lovely & calm today though & mild again in the sunshine (13C).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

9c.Calm.Few Scattered Clouds.sunshine...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

It's not been mentioned since has it? Guess they are more concerned re. The rain amounts

I don't think there is really any risk of snow until later next week although I am not looking forward to even more heavy rain saturday!

Nightmare on roads to and from work last few days! lazy.gif Frosty when I left home at 11 this morning which was pleasant to see.

Edited by mullender83

Posted

I don't think there is really any risk of snow until later next week although I am not looking forward to even more heavy rain saturday!

Nightmare on roads to and from work last few days! lazy.gif Frosty when I left home at 11 this morning which was pleasant to see.

Yes, was quite a shock being so chilly this morning!

Posted

Ha ha! It'll be short lived AGAIN however! What time does the rain start tomorrow? Around midday?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Well i'm completely cut off now as all roads from where I live are under deep water. I wish the Saturday and Monday LOW would just bugger off!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I wonder if there is still any chances of backedge snow at the weekend which (if I understood his post correctly) Ian Ferguson rasied a couple of days ago

I'm sure Ian F will post in here, should he get a chance, but judging on what I can see, Saturday/Sunday's low is most unlikely to produce back edge snow, whereas Monday/Tuesday's low may well do so. search.gif

Too hard to call at this distance but I feel it's worth a heads up. It is worth keeping in touch with all forecasts from here on in, as the models are indicating a messy ole outlook. help.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Oh great - just in time for getting to work! Thanks Andy :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Oh great - just in time for getting to work! Thanks Andy smile.png

Throw a sicky Khodds and listen at the rain hitting your window pain.... i amgood.gifgood.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Getting chilly out there tonight.

Although temperatures are shown to stay above freezing for most, I think some rural areas could get a frost tonight;

http://cdn.nwstatic.co.uk/gfsimages/gfs.20121123/12/18/ukmaxtemp.png

Posted

Throw a sicky Khodds and listen at the rain hitting your window pain.... i amgood.gifgood.gif

Ha ha! I wish I could! It's only for three hours tho. Not sure if ill get to mums in the afternoon, the lanes will probably be flooded again.

Posted

Getting chilly out there tonight.

Although temperatures are shown to stay above freezing for most, I think some rural areas could get a frost tonight;

http://cdn.nwstatic....8/ukmaxtemp.png

Yes already a ground frost this evening 1.3c only a few more days of this wet dross to endure now I hope fool.gif

anyway it is friday night people.... drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Yes already a ground frost this evening 1.3c only a few more days of this wet dross to endure now I hope fool.gif

anyway it is friday night people.... drinks.gif

and yet again I'm outdoors in Westbury freezing my rump off whilst your no doubt sipping a cider in a nice local pub. :p :p :p

Not looking forward to this weekend;

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ukmo/precipitations/36h.htm

Will be monitoring Ian's forecasts and twitter feed closely.

Posted

and yet again I'm outdoors in Westbury freezing my rump off whilst your no doubt sipping a cider in a nice local pub. blum.gifblum.gifblum.gif

Not looking forward to this weekend;

http://www.meteociel...tations/36h.htm

Will be monitoring Ian's forecasts and twitter feed closely.

I'm working it again so I really hope that it is better than expected because getting past pensford to whitchurch on A37 is becoming a real chore! help.gif

The kids at work wanted to take a sledge off stock and tie it to a 4 by 4 turning it into a water ski type thing in the car park! acute.gif

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Just thought I'd share my thoughts in here, regarding the Northern Hemisphere snow and ice prospects as we enter December.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/74146-snow-and-ice-in-the-northern-hemisphere-201213/page__st__1000#entry2412512

For now, of course the main cause for concern has to be the current flooding situation, please stay safe chaps and chapesses. There will be light at the end of that particular tunnel, I'm sure. good.gif

Posted

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm reasonably sure the models (prob GFS) have been forecasting snow for our region for a few days (if not a week?) Now for next saturday? I know is still FI but trends? Is it on to something? Got my works xmas meal on the mendips next saturday night!