Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Might not have got to you yet Sungirl...dont give up yet!! Steady in the ranks ...(mind you it will be over in a few mins.)...

I think i've got another 20 mins or so to go but I am shattered! I was going to go to bed at 8 tonight (unheard of for me!) as I am so sleepy!

Not sure I have another 20 mins in me!

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

latest Beeb forecast presenter said the MET O are really quite worried about rainfall totals for southern England on Saturday night !! :o

All very dull and boring here - to think I stayed up for this doh.gif

The Squall should be hitting you right about now.. !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

its not that heavy, or hasnt it got here yet? but looking at the radar it says it has.

Posted

Still waiting - seems to have stopped somewhere over the Forest. Oh well gathering.gif

yes the eastward progression has slowed a little and its beginning to move along itself. This will have the

effect of weakening the squall front. It needs to move forward to maintain its strength rather than along itself.

I wonder if a tiny little warm sector is forming ahead of it, as there is now plenty of rain in this location still someway

ahead of the squall line..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Still raining here, keep looking at the radar thinking it must soon be over but I think the angle of it means itstravelling more south than south easterly? Wondering if my rain gauge is full yet?! Lots of flooding in the area according to twitter. Just want the rain to stop now and have some nice bright frosty days. Christmas is coming :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

I think i've got another 20 mins or so to go but I am shattered! I was going to go to bed at 8 tonight (unheard of for me!) as I am so sleepy!

Not sure I have another 20 mins in me!

Been there many a time sungirl...so I am with you..go if you tired though. Although if we get a snow event do get back on this regional thread...but be ready for a late night and lack of sleep.position your bed so it can look out to the street lampost.....all set and ready for lampost watch then.

Posted

Been there many a time sungirl...so I am with you..go if you tired though. Although if we get a snow event do get back on this regional thread...but be ready for a late night and lack of sleep.position your bed so it can look out to the street lampost.....all set and ready for lampost watch then.

haha yeah I remember doing that on here last year! These guys really know how to build the excitement :D

Posted

According to the met office observations, it should be here right now and it couldn't be quieter! Wind speeds of 5mph, no gusts, small amount of drizzly rain...

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Think it's finally arrived in Soton :-) Temp dropped almost 2 degrees in the past hour. Lashing down with rain. Wind has died down though.

Posted

haha yeah I remember doing that on here last year! These guys really know how to build the excitement biggrin.png

Good stuff...also they were a godsend as I sat stuck on the M25 when the 2010 snow event hit and ground most of surrey and kent to halt!! I was so pleased to have their reports! ...

Had the squall yet?..dont think it will be long. If not have a good night zzzzz.

Posted

Just seen the ITV news do the reviews of tomorrows papers. And guess what is on the front page of the Express?......go on guess....

......yes you guessed it the weather...but not the Big Freeze this time but that there are "100mph winds to batter Britain at the weekend"".... fool.gif

Posted

Am I missing something, or is 5 inches a lot more than 60mm?

I was just about to mention that - the caption underneath the video says:

"The Met Office says that up to 60mm (5in) of rain could fall on already saturated ground in Somerset"

I'm sure they meant 60mm, which of course is just over 2 inches (which is more than enough!).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Well what a very wild afternoon here in Falmouth where here was home to some of the strongest winds, up to 70mph. Went very dark with the squall line with a brief but torrential downpour. As expected there was virtually no wind after the squall. Amazing how there is such a fine difference between these systems!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Ahh, clear blue sky. Hopefully a day to dry out a bit now.

Feeling a tad nippy however.

Notice the "snowless" area. lol.

http://forum.netweather.tv/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=145430

Edited by AWD

Posted

Good stuff...also they were a godsend as I sat stuck on the M25 when the 2010 snow event hit and ground most of surrey and kent to halt!! I was so pleased to have their reports! ...

Had the squall yet?..dont think it will be long. If not have a good night zzzzz.

Yes! It hit just as I got into bed - torrential rain as promised. No idea how long it lasted, I was out like a light!

Posted

Just hoping the rivers have a chance to go down a bit. The road between Meare and Glastonbury was like white water rafting this morning !

Posted

I'm not sure why there wasn't a spectacular sunrise this morning, the back edge cloud seemed to be in the perfect position to light up but all we had were pale pinks, oranges and yellows.

Anyway, the aforementioned back edge cloud is still hanging overhead so making it a hazily sunny day. I wouldn't be surprised to end up with a colourful sunset should the Cirrus not clear away and it won't be long until the next band of Cirrus begins approaching from the new LOW.