Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Its definately still forming, looking at the rada the really heavy stuff is over devon / cornwall and Dorset into Somerset. Brace yourselves! The roads in my area are awful and that's before tonights lot. There were landslides on the way to Mums house after Wednesdays lot - the village was cut off for a time as the river burst its banks.

Seems awful but I can't wait to get out in it tomorrow with my camera!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Still a lot of rain to come looking at the Meto radar;

http://t.co/HPjDFTNC

Posted

hope you all stay safe the radar looking nasty to say the least for to-night

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

where is this strong wind then? its still raining here hasnt stopped at all since 8 this morning maybe even earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Just hit the 30mm mark now, it has been raining for around 13.5 hours. ohmy.png

It feels almost dry here today with our meagre 26mm blum.gif

After that heavy pulse that went through it looks like we are in light ppn from here on so maybe its the back end of the worst?

Edited by mullender83

Posted

Tweets are showing a severe flood warning for Polperro... Doesn't sound good. Lovely little village.

Posted

Can anyone tell whether somerset has had the worst of it? By running the radar loop it looks like we have, but I can't tell if the heavy rain ofer Devon and Cornwall is coming this way or will go over Wales?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very heavy rain this afternoon in Cornwall. Major travel disruption. A39 between Truro and Falmouth closed, no trains between Truro and Falmouth, flooding in Gweek, Penryn, Devoran, Bissoe and near Culdrose Airfield.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

just had an hour or torrential rain....roads are like rivers, thank goodness we're on fairly high ground

current radar grab illustrating arc of intense rainfall....

post-4149-0-63682500-1353789234.txt

Posted

Can anyone tell whether somerset has had the worst of it? By running the radar loop it looks like we have, but I can't tell if the heavy rain ofer Devon and Cornwall is coming this way or will go over Wales?

don't know but it's been raining non stop since 05:20 this morning here and still going

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I think we have seen the worst of it now... looks light and patchy from now on unless you live in cornwall and devon which looks like its got another few hours yet good.gif

Posted

I think we have seen the worst of it now... looks light and patchy from now on unless you live in cornwall and devon which looks like its got another few hours yet good.gif

Don't know if I'm happy or sad about this!

Posted

Been raining on and off all day. Heavy rain from around 3pm with really intense rain around 5pm, finally easing about half an hour ago. It's still raining but not so hard. I don't want to be going anywhere early tomorrow morning in this area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Had some very heavy rain here over the last hour or so but I don't think we are done yet. That pulse over Devon looks like moving this way. 19.0mm so far. Which, as with most other people, is really not needed. Been cut off in my village since thursday, and it looks like I may be cut off for at least the first half of next week going on this rate, possibly longer!

Posted

Had some very heavy rain here over the last hour or so but I don't think we are done yet. That pulse over Devon looks like moving this way. 19.0mm so far. Which, as with most other people, is really not needed. Been cut off in my village since thursday, and it looks like I may be cut off for at least the first half of next week going on this rate, possibly longer!

It's mad isn't it? Hope you manage to get out soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

The "intense rainfall" was shown on the radar going directly over Swindon.... Didn't get any heavier than 0.1mm/min. Very surprised at that.

Where in Swindon are you?...I assure you it was torrential...I drove back from Haydon Wick to Lyneham and despite it being less than 10 miles, it was one of the most unpleasant driving experiences I've had

Posted

The "intense rainfall" was shown on the radar going directly over Swindon.... Didn't get any heavier than 0.1mm/min. Very surprised at that.

Don't know where abouts you are exactly, but by coate water where I am, it absolutely tipped it down!

Posted

River Cober At Helston now gone severe flood warned also :S Hope everyone is staying safe in these areas

Where in Swindon are you?...I assure you it was torrential...I drove back from Haydon Wick to Lyneham and despite it being less than 10 miles, it was one of the most unpleasant driving experiences I've had

Wow, really? I'm maybe a mile, two miles max from Haydon Wick, and it's been drizzly the whole time! :S