Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

i'd say we've had medium intensity here in plymouth so far but it has been very persistant. Oh, and someone hilarious put a plant pot on my car last night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Only 4mm so far in Newbury and a few more hours of rainfall to come. However, currently the heaviest stuff is unfortunately over parts of Southwest with places such as the following likely to experience the worst of it over the next couple of hours.

At a best guess judging by the radar, Southampton and Isle of Wight area, Exeter to Poole coastal vicinity and the Truro to Bodmin region of the Southwest in particular.

Things will gradually improve from late Afternoon onwards, the further south you are, due to the depression moving on more quickly than previously suggested.

Posted

Hi PB, that is a nasty looking radar return. Rain picked up quite a bit here in the last 15 minutes.

what is this SACRA i see in so many's signatures?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

It's been raining 'moderately' for a couple of hours in Stroud, and steadely since mid morning - looking at the radar the heaviest rain is still on its way, and could rain for several more hours yet. Luckily I'm on a hill, but my parents live in Gloucester down in the valley, will be interesting there tomorrow morning....

Posted

It's the 'Snow and Cold Rampers Association'

You can get a members number from SnowQueenOne, think she runs that show. smile.png

i thought you were all a bunch of extremely nutty storm chasers or something. I've even googled it more than once to try and find out and now know way more than i need to about what goes on in Sacramento.

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

steady rain for most of the day , with some heavier pulses at times.was windless at first, just noticing now branches slightly swaying.NItnothing to be worried abt for the moment.Drains have been cleared again.

My lights keep dipping though.not sure if weather related though.Stay safe everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Hi all

The rain has stopped here for now and the wind has just started to increase. A gust of 64mph at Quessant (NW French coast) has recently been recorded and satellite representation of the low over the Bay of Biscay is impressive with the centre due to pass very close to our islands around midnight. The strongest winds expected here will be between midnight and 03:00 with gusts of up to 70mph expected. Time to batten down the hatches, ensure the family are safe and prepare for a wild night.

Edited by Fitzwis

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

The model thread is painful to watch these last couple of days...mega_shok.gif always take a deep breath before viewing it and the sceptic in me just feels it will all end up abit pants and not sure on meto update going for dry conditions in west... sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

The model thread is painful to watch these last couple of days...mega_shok.gif always take a deep breath before viewing it and the sceptic in me just feels it will all end up abit pants and not sure on meto update going for dry conditions in west... sorry.gif

I'd rather take dry, frosty conditions and chilly days than the crap we are enduring currently.

Rain turning heavier now.

Edited by AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I'd rather take dry, frosty conditions and chilly days than the crap we are enduring currently.

Rain turning heavier now.

Yes there is that also! We could do with a few cold dry and frosty days first before any wintry ppn was to arrive as it would help lower levels espec in marginal situations to get laying snow. smile.png If we see in that is. I am sick of this constant rain though! Driving home in about an hour but so far there doesn't seem to be many issues with the roads which is nice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

My rainfall guage says 14.2mm.Has been raining since I woke up at 7.30am!Not much in the way of wind so far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

9c, with more rain even harder soon....

Well Done with a win for Bristol city...

Posted

Moderate rain most of the day with a slight increase in the last few mins, about 20mm so far. A lot of surface water about on the roads and some of the smaller lanes a struggle.

The river in the town is high but nothing out of the ordinary so far, the EA have had the flood defenses up for the last few days and you can see from the link how its been falling after it burst its banks on Thursday and I'm expecting it to be very high come tomorrow.

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/homeandleisure/floods/riverlevels/120714.aspx?stationId=3305

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

ohhhh hello everyone again...fell asleep after my last post. aggressive.gif . Woke to ITV news and the presenter giving the headling of more " atrocious" weather on its way. Now havent heard that phrase in the media for a while . Oh they are now in Keynhsam reporting. Looks a little wet...Looking at the radar though there seems to be patches now of the lighter rain across some parts but a very intense section over Bristol ( well at least that is where I think it is) ...

Looks like southampton and portsmouth is currently under that intense band over the south east which has cleared the Isle of Wight...? Anyone confirm?

Edited by Polar Bear

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

ohhhh hello everyone again...fell asleep after my last post. aggressive.gif . Woke to ITV news and the presenter giving the headling of more " atrocious" weather on its way. Now havent heard that phrase in the media for a while . Oh they are now in Keynhsam reporting. Looks a little wet...Looking at the radar though there seems to be patches now of the lighter rain across some parts but a very intense section over Bristol ( well at least that is where I think it is) ...

Just spitting over Bristol currently. It is forecast to turn heavier this evening though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Same here, although it is hitting the windows a bit more now, but it's oddly soothing!

hmm yes I think that "soothing" effect is what sent me off to sleep for about 2 hours...more of a mega nap than a afternoon nap...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather

raining here ,, but i have a feeling that we just might get away with the heaviest rain in Wellington tonite.

Edited by littlemissy