Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southwest & Central Southern England Regional Discussion

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm reasonably sure the models (prob GFS) have been forecasting snow for our region for a few days (if not a week?) Now for next saturday? I know is still FI but trends? Is it on to something? Got my works xmas meal on the mendips next saturday night!

Transient backedge snow on late Monday/Tuesday's system is still up for debate at this range and as suggested by my post above, FI is barely three days away. I do think that once these two surface features (tomorrows into Sunday) and the aforementioned one bugger off, things will become clearer. good.gif

Watch this space.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Oh I am watching don't you worry :) ill need matchsticks to prop my eyes open soon! Ha ha!

Posted

Transient backedge snow on late Monday/Tuesday's system is still up for debate at this range and as suggested by my post above, FI is barely three days away. I do think that once these two surface features (tomorrows into Sunday) and the aforementioned one bugger off, things will become clearer. good.gif

Watch this space.

I'm watching given the temps the METO are forecasting.

post-12275-0-09433000-1353713675_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Morning all! is it meant to rain all day today or will it be intermittent?

Thanks.

Posted

Morning all! is it meant to rain all day today or will it be intermittent?

Thanks.

Rain all day

Just the one Radar grab

post-9379-0-94737000-1353745257_thumb.jp

Edited by lfcdude

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Oh dear it is not often rain worrys me but being at work past pensford with a full days rain ahead of me before driving home... help.gif

The transient snow feature monday night looks doubtful to me.

However I did just find this on Ian F twitter....

hill snow possible later next week in SW but given current issues it's the last thing we need at low levels here

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

9.7°C and wet! 6.2mm of rain and a good 12 hours more of it. Currently at 110mm for November, that's the eighth month in a row of above average rainfall. :o

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

The rain is setting in here now....and looking at the hi-res output, an awful lot more to come the next 48 hours....not good for areas already suffering from flooding issues

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Cold & wet. It's not going to be a nice day at work today.

Looks like its only going to get worse before it gets better;

W COUNTRY latest frm @metoffice suggests heaviest rain approx 6/7pm-midnight: 30mm widely; Somerset poss more; quote: "a serious situation"

Edited by AWD

Posted

Feel free to disagree with me here, but i'm surprised that the red warning hasn't been issued for some parts of the south west?

Many people have had to 'take action' already and the situation looks set to become a lot worse. Projected rain totals over the next few days look insane considering how much has already fallen. Stay safe if you're in the worst affected areas. mellow.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

5c. Raining but not heavy yet,Mist still in valley and hills toward dunkerton -Camerton...ESE breeze 5mph...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I know Devon & Cornwall are "cut off" here, but you get the gist, a whole load of rain to come over the next 48 hours;

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs9014.gif

Widely 30mm + in our area. Not what the rivers need.

Posted

Feel free to disagree with me here, but i'm surprised that the red warning hasn't been issued for some parts of the south west?

Many people have had to 'take action' already and the situation looks set to become a lot worse. Projected rain totals over the next few days look insane considering how much has already fallen. Stay safe if you're in the worst affected areas. mellow.png

I Think they tend to reserve red warnings for severe snow events as well as storms, never seen a red for rain here that I can remember? Althought there might have been one for wales when they had several inches of rain in one day.

Also red is for more life threatening events rather than rain which often the main focus is problems to infrastructure and roads.

Steady rain falling here with intensity increasing slightly last hour.

Posted

I Think they tend to reserve red warnings for severe snow events as well as storms, never seen a red for rain here that I can remember? Althought there might have been one for wales when they had several inches of rain in one day.

Also red is for more life threatening events rather than rain which often the main focus is problems to infrastructure and roads.

Steady rain falling here with intensity increasing slightly last hour.

Red warnings were issued for rain in the south west back in July, i was on the amber warning when it occurred and 50.8mm fell here in about 6 hours.

That was also the day when the landslide happened at a tunnel in Beaminster and killed a couple. :(

Posted

Red warnings were issued for rain in the south west back in July, i was on the amber warning when it occurred and 50.8mm fell here in about 6 hours.

That was also the day when the landslide happened at a tunnel in Beaminster and killed a couple. sad.png

I stand corrected. fool.gif

Posted

Steady rain here, winds picking up, will Portsmouth have some severe weather overnight? I wonder! aggressive.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales/storms, snow, thunder!

I really feel for you guys down in SW with all this rain and flooding you've been having and now more on the way! We've only got a couple of flood warnings here in SE you've got so many I've lost count. Lots of rain forecast over the next 48 hours though so I'm expecting the flood warnings to increase right across the country and we have some severe gales to contend with here later tonight / tomorrow morning!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

My god its very grim here. Moderate rain but very dark at times. Wind to come later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Wind beginning to pick up here. Constant moderate rain and so dark. Lights are all on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Well it started all very foogy and cold this morning and then it started to rain a little....then a little bit more..it is still doing the off and on light to more heavier rain and it is grim and dark out there. Little bit cold. Took the horse out for a wee hack and the ground is sloshy and saturated. Afternoon inside for me and him the avo...I cant even face the shops. Feel so much for the people though in the south west ....:( look after yourselves please peeps..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Lunch break, finally! I have the window open by my desk and the rain has been pretty constant since around 8ish this morning. Just recently has it been getting heavier. It got quite heavy at one point and I thought there was going to be a crack of thunder, unfortunatley there wasn't.

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

here we go chaps ...i see the intense stuff is almost on the shores...or it is already..I cant tell where the south west is under

all this....

post-2094-0-60994400-1353766908_thumb.pn