Hot?
IGNORED

Winter 2012/13 - Chat

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fresh n Funky

Don't you just love the express!!! Lol

http://www.express.c...ll-last-a-month

They quote an organisation called 'vantage weather services.' Who the hell are they? LOL Imagine if a 62/63 winter were on the cards, the Express would be heralding a new ice age.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Agreed, colder than average.... but the express does have a tendency to 'overreact' at times! I guess only time will tell.

They're bound to get it right one day. lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

Chris Fawkes on Twitter has just tweeted:

"Could be a colder December than normal. There's been recent warming in stratosphere - jet stream pattern seems to establish south of UK!"

So it is looking promising. I've stopped worrying about getting an immediate snow fix. The last time we received substantial snow in my neck of the woods (Coventry) in early December was 22 long years ago, so it is a rare beast to get it this early.

I'd be happier to see a repeat of Dec 2009 than another December 2010, anyway. Because that would also mean a cold January smile.png

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Everything in small doses!

the general rules are that u cant call snow even 24 hours before the event happens with any great certainty is my understanding. so all i look for is not to completely rule snow out and its still not ruled out! even the met office are showing snow for my area on saturday!!! when that happens i start to get excited as they are very reluctant to put snow on there! i dare not look at metcheck (the wishlist forecast website) as thats showing a snowmageddon for next week which wont happen!

So true but I also believe out of confusion comes snow! It always seems to happen when there is dispair and uncertainly suddenly a shed load drops on us!

Posted

Chris Fawkes on Twitter has just tweeted:

"Could be a colder December than normal. There's been recent warming in stratosphere - jet stream pattern seems to establish south of UK!"

So it is looking promising. I've stopped worrying about getting an immediate snow fix. The last time we received substantial snow in my neck of the woods (Coventry) in early December was 22 long years ago, so it is a rare beast to get it this early.

I'd be happier to see a repeat of Dec 2009 than another December 2010, anyway. Because that would also mean a cold January smile.png

That's all welland good but I'm starting to worry a bit that this winter could quite possibly be one full of near misses even with the background signals/teleconnections otherwise remaining favourable. Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Anonymous21

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Its on!

I have to say it feels a lot colder out now then it has all year.

Posted

I have to say it feels a lot colder out now then it has all year.

rofl.gif Because it's almost December?!!!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

rofl.gif Because it's almost December?!!!!!!

Feels warmer now than it has done all summer! :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Cold Weather Alert for northern England - Level 2, Alert and Readiness

Sharp overnight frosts will lower the mean temperature during the period. The low overnight temperatures, brings an increased likelihood of ice on surfaces. Freezing fog is also likely.
Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fresh n Funky

Check Weather bug it said it will snow on Saturday and check met check http://mobile.metche...ondon&lat=&lon=

I wouldn't take either of those too seriously Jasmine. Think of them in terms of quality as 'The Daily Star' vs 'The Times'

Posted

check Saturday

thats Garbage, it says 90% chance of snow for Braemar tommorrow whereas the Met, models and radar all say there wont be a cloud in the sky.

Edited by garbagebags

Posted

Check Weather bug it said it will snow on Saturday and check met check http://mobile.metche...ondon&lat=&lon=

I wish people wouldnt even consider those stupid websites.. never seen one ever right!!.. just watch the radar and look out the window on saturday thats 100% right everytime!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf.php?ech=240&mode=1&map=1&type=0&archive=0

If that chart comes off I would personally pay everyone's mortgage off! :p :p

Feb1991Blizzard will be drooling over that!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Well,winter starts on Saturday and looks like it will start on the cold side for many in the UK.Saw SR winter forecast and thought it was well explained and simple for someone like me who knows the basics but is not an expert like many on the MOD Thread, which i find interesting and very entertaining.Looks like December and January will bring snowfall to UK,how much and where is the 64K question but feel we may be on for a good one for snow lovers.Thanks SR and keep up the good work!!

Off to buy my ticket now for MOD thread as 9.30pm GFS is fast approaching and with the trend reverting today more to the cold side(compared to 24hrs ago) i think a few over there will be getting very excited with potential cold or down in the dumps again!!If nothing else,you have to say the UK weather is the most interesting and being surrounded by water just seems to add to the fun with its unpredictabilty

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Hi this is my 1st post so I'm new to these forums , do you guys at Netweather etc think that this December could be similar to Dec 2010 ?

NW have their official forecast up now and the feeling is below average temperature wise but also below average rainfall so yes cold like 2010 but not much snow I think.

Oh and welcome to the forums ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Interesting article from Matt Hugo regarding this winter;

http://t.co/K6EFSVyL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

The Models sing poetry once more :p