Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion: 12Z (20/11/12) And On...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Location: Hebden Bridge (561 ft ASL) A drug town with a tourist problem
  • Location: Hebden Bridge (561 ft ASL) A drug town with a tourist problem

I had a glimps at the charts at 5am as I'm laid up with manflu suffering a temperature and thought "ey up there's going to be some toys spat out of prams by the look of those charts" Fortunatly everybody seems to have taken them pretty much at face value so far though. Whilst not as spectacularly pleasing as some of yesterday evenings snow fest charts, it looks pretty much 'as you we're with regard to us getting a pretty decent cold/cool spell of some significance. I actually prefer today's ECM as the Azores/arctic link up doesn't seem as tenuous which was worrying me somewhat yesterday eve.

Play nicely now everybody!

Cheers for all your great input......

Ned

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow

Seems a wait and see scenario beyond the 170hr mark ete given the initial pressure build is all but nailed on .Interesting post from gp regarding the pv and continued lack of zonality beyond december.bit off topic but where can i check or find a link regarding my height above sea level,temps and expected transition to snow ete.thanks swfc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

i dont think GP's answer means we are in a sustained cold spell till february !! there will have to some less cold breaks from time to time. this is the uk, not siberia !!

Yes that`s a fair comment Nick.As the influences on vortex ebb and flow through expected wave breaking so will the orientation of any blocking.

Have to say the forthcoming pattern smacks of reloads -it may not be perfect to start with-if you are a cold lover-but there looks like further trough disruption from the north or north east which will tweak the flow later on.