Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 06/12/12 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Watch out. It's on the radar now.

12121312_1300.gif

12121318_1300.gif

12121400_1300.gif

Snaw A82 N of Dumbarton, Dalmally and Rest & be thankful.

----------

Quick GFS/ECM analysis:

Pish

The most condensed and accurate analysis of the overnights I have read this season!laugh.png

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

The car thermomenter flipped between -6C and -7C pretty much all the way from Kemnay until Blackburn at around 8am this morning. Only got up to the dizzy heights of -5C by the time I arrived in Dyce. That's the coldest I've seen it so far this winter. Lovely clear bright morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Snaw in suburban south Embra overnight - only half an inch but a definite covering. Oddly, nothing visible on Braids or Caerketton.All the forecasts seem to be just for rain, but I'm just gonna wait and see. I've given up trusting any of the 5-day forecasts at all just now - this particular weather pattern must be one their models don't cope with or aren't familiar with or something, because normally they're reasonably close - but just the now, this thread is way way way better for suggestions of the weather in the near future.

Me, I'm just going for the multiple layers of jumpers and if I get rained on or snowed on or blown on, I'll be fine whatever!

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

The snow band is moving very oddly on the radar. Seems to be growing but very light. We only had a dusting this morning. Looks like it is over Stirlingshire at the moment.

Posted

Was mostly light snow all night (although did seem to get heavier near dawn) Still not much on the ground though :p Although I think more has fallen down here than on the mountains in the distance (Not often that happens)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Low of -7.7C last night with a gradual rise since Midnight.

Currently -3.2C/-3.3C(rate of increase +0.4C/hour) with light fluffy snow falling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heatwaves, extreme weather

It certainly looks very seasonal in Lochgelly with snowflakes falling gently settling on a hard white frost

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

same as scotster... 2 hours of slow flakes and no covering of any note but beautifully festive!! Its work christmas lunch today and last time it snowed on my work lunch was December 2009 which was the 18th and 8 days later got the mega boxing day night fall followed by daytime maxes of -8.......... you never know

#flipfloprequired

Posted

Dusting here in Braco (Just north of Dunblane). Still snowing at an alarmingly slow rate. The road outside the house still has about an inch of compacted ice that has been there for the last last two weeks.

What I haven't seen before on the bowling green in the village is the amount of ice. The last short thaw melted the snow but due to the ground being saturated it had nowhere to go and sat on the top, it then froze and has turned the bowling green into a pretty impressive curling rink. This didn't even happen in the bad winter of 2010. The forecast of "mild" weather may even struggle to shift the ice before our next bout of cold weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

The birds look quite pitiful this morning. Driven to eat the crab apples.. Our resident grey squirrel is nowhere to be seen.

Posted

Well it's now 12:30 in Dyce and still well below freezing. The cars in the carpark still have frost on thier roofs, even the ones in full sun.

Ravelin

Posted

Back in sunny Fife after a couple of nights in Dunkeld where there was still snow on the ground and temps remained subzero throughout. some light snow this morning before we left.

Posted

Coldest day of the winter as well as it is currently -1.7c and the third ice day here in December this year.

Posted

The birds look quite pitiful this morning. Driven to eat the crab apples.. Our resident grey squirrel is nowhere to be seen.

Our grey squirrel missing in action too and felt so sorry for the blackbird this morning pecking at the frost I threw him out our peanuts and good bread.... could this be third ice day in a row?? unusually cold considering the cloud cover!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy cold winters & long warm summers. Some stormy weather too!

Snowing in Inverness! Pavements turning white, hope its also snowing at home! Very Christmassy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Cloudy here with just the odd flake [i counted around 20 in total] earlier on. Still sub-zero after our coldest night since early Jan 2011.

Edited by Norrance

Posted

Been snowing here in Lochcarron since this am. How can it snow at minus 0.7? It is settling as well. Could be an interesting drive down the hill tonight (NOT)

Posted

Nothing here just now but looks like we could catch the bottom of the band shortly.....expect a few reports on here in a while as band looking quite big

Fridays weather for Scotland mainly cloudy with rain in moving during the afternoon it will be heavy at times, some wintry showers are still likely over higher ground. Rain clearing away on Friday night in the Southern parts but staying wet elsewhere. Gales across Scotland all day from a SE direction eventually easing off at night but in Shetland severe gales will take place on Friday night into Saturday morning. Temperatures will stay cold on Friday morning but expect a slight warm up as the Atlantic weather moves in.

Been cloudy all day here with temperatures still staying cold. A strong breeze from the South East.

Edited by weathermaster

Posted

Nothing here just now but looks like we could catch the bottom of the band shortly.....expect a few reports on here in a while as band looking quite big

Can you blow it 20 miles South and I might get some of it!search.gifsearch.gif

Posted

Can you blow it 20 miles South and I might get some of it!search.gifsearch.gif

I will huff and ill puff and ill blow yer snow down smiliz39.gif

think quite a few places be seeing that as snow tomorrow but North of the central belt....ECM has us holding on to uppers longer than the GFS but for a few of us today will likely be the last we see of the snow for a little while.... of course uppers are just one factor and no doubt will be marginal for many right up until tomorrow evening when it will become confined to high ground.

Goodebye snaw :( its been emotional

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Goodebye snaw sad.png its been emotional

acute.gif Behave yourself young man this isn't the MT! blum.gif

Spits and spots of snaw today. I'm having a super busy day today and havent hadn't had a chance to ready anything or look at any models yet..... So will there be anymore in the next 24hrs before the tropical temps descend??

Posted

Having just done the school run I can say that it was a bloody cold wait outside the school. Just glad there was no wind.

Now that we've resigned ourselves to a milder period I'm going to embrace it. I could do with a milder spell to warm up, get out for some runs, get rid of the remnants of solid ice on the roads and paths etc. I do not, I repeat do no, want to see any more snow just yet please.

Ravelin

(Do you think the reverse psychology will work? Does Mother Nature respond to it?)