Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 06/12/12 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Here's a fresh thread for you all

Old thread here

Posted

Sooner we can get this mild "Blip" out of a weekend out the way the better! Then hopefully the fun and games with the easterly can begin................

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Dont like the look of the uppers on that GFS 0z or 6z - would end being very marginal on the coast, if -7/-8 is the barometer

Yeah, marginal at face value but given that they tend to upgrade closer to the time and that most other runs have them a shade lower I'm not concerned at this stage.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Heavy horizontal sleety rain here sorry.gif

Edited by mardatha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,cold,frost,fog,wind,rain

haha I'll second that sentiment, pish just about sums it up perfectly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

The wind's done us in this time - a slack flow like Sunday night would have given a very nice snowfall but the wind has mixed in the milder air quickly and confined snowfall to the hills.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Ice and cold weather !

Complete non-event for us here. Hardly any precip at all, & the airport's forecast, having called last night & even early this morning for light snow, then snow, then rain, now just has it as rain/rain showers.

Yes complete non-event but it was not bad for the snow cover ! Few place have defrost today !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

Been snowing here all morning but seeing as it's been around 1C the wind-blown fine flakes haven't actually deposited anything on the ground......although I dare say somewhere downwind has caught most of it. Bit of a net loss in cover.....but temperature has now dropped closer to freezing and it's starting to settle on wet surfaces again.

EDIT - It appears to be ending with a proper heavy flourish. The last ten minutes have deposited more snow than during the whole morning!

Edited by Scotster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Complete non-event for us here. Hardly any precip at all, & the airport's forecast, having called last night & even early this morning for light snow, then snow, then rain, now just has it as rain/rain showers.

Not even as much of a hint of rain in Dyce so far. By the looks of the rainfall radar anything coming our way so far has been blocked/soaked up by the Cairngorms. That is quite often the case with systems coming in from the west, and usually welcome when it's rain. We need a more northerly, or easterly flow!

Ravelin

Edited by Ravelin

Not even as much of a hint of rain in Dyce so far. By the looks of the rainfall radar anything coming our way so far has been blocked/soaked up by the Cairngorms. That is quite often the case with systems coming in from the west, and usually welcome when it's rain. We need a more northerly, or easterly flow!

Ravelin

North-easterly sounds good to me, I wouldn't have been saying that a year ago though.

Cold and wet here, it doesn't look as if the BBC's bold forecast will come off. (EDIT: Radar says differently, threat of sleet and snow from the west, 2nd edit: defo sleet as I can see it on the back window of the car outside :good: )

I spoke to my dad over in Kilmacolm earlier, the rain seems to be clearing from there but has left a lot of ice.

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

3c here at the moment, awful freezing rain, snow cover melting. Bah!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

ditto here too! SS has the right of it - utter pish!

Aww naw! If you're reporting rain over in Peebles then there's nowt coming here in terms of snow :lol: It can't even be freezing rain if it's melting the snow, double aww naw :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Sleet up here too CMD but I'm higher and thought I would get snaw :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Hi all. Temps, dewpoints on the way down now at 1.7c/1.1c and things turning a bit sleety. You never know! Interesting thing I noticed during the mate fiasco a couple of years ago, was that temps/dews were static at 1.0c/1.0c throughout. Encouraging outlook none-the-less, once the weekend is over.

Posted

12120612_0606.gif

This is probably part of the reason why it keeps threatening to turn back to snow here in spite of relatively high temperatures and dewpoint at 1C and why the Borders is doing so badly. Just marginally above 0C but anything at all above 0C and it's likely to be rain.

Posted

By that map we here in West Yorks could do better than expected. Particularly with a bit of elevation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Some big bad beefy looking showers coming in from the NW with the colder air behind the front.

Nevis Range and Glencoe should enjoy these.

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Hi all. Temps, dewpoints on the way down now at 1.7c/1.1c and things turning a bit sleety. You never know! Interesting thing I noticed during the mate fiasco a couple of years ago, was that temps/dews were static at 1.0c/1.0c throughout. Encouraging outlook none-the-less, once the weekend is over.

and your a victim of the netweather mate/m.8 fiasco :)

Posted

Yeah, marginal at face value but given that they tend to upgrade closer to the time and that most other runs have them a shade lower I'm not concerned at this stage.

Living where I do I'm always concerned ;-) We don't want another late Jan/early Feb 2012 spell. That said, things look very interesting for early next week at this stage.