Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 06/12/12 ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Well I'm quite surprised by today - i thought if we saw anything it would have been in the early hours of this morning. Then all day we had rain, which washed away most of the snow we've had for days. Certainly did not expect it all to turn white again before bedtime. Though kudos to LS for saying there was potential this evening.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

The winter of surprises this is....thought wouls see something today and nowt and thought would see nothing tonight but being watching snow for 2 hours and its chucking it down....winterwonderland again :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Just read the above posts and looked out - and yes it is snowing! Not heavy but steady. Blimey, I wonder what next week will bring weatherwise? Already more than we had last year here.

Posted

Well I'm quite surprised by today - i thought if we saw anything it would have been in the early hours of this morning. Then all day we had rain, which washed away most of the snow we've had for days. Certainly did not expect it all to turn white again before bedtime. Though kudos to LS for saying there was potential this evening.

lol thinking too alike clearly :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

What a day! A loss of cover......turning to slush.....and now it's below freezing again and everything has been topped up yet again. Lovely :) Roads will be absolutely hellish tomorrow though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Wonderful, snow on properly here, lying on all surfaces. Genuinely didn't expect we'd see that, but I suppose with the wind dropping so suddenly and all those heavy showers heading across to the east there was always the potential for it forming one giant, heavy, slow moving band of snow. 5th consecutive snow lying day tomorrow likely here, which is incredible given that we've already had 2 complete melts. drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.
laugh.pnglaugh.png I just read one post and couldn't read any more for laughing! "an undercut up the channel should produce the goods!"..... I'm sure it would!laugh.png God, who ARE these people!laugh.png

Posted

No snow here wallbash.gif

School cancelled trip to Borders because of snow that never materialised, sad child today!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

IMBY post

Valid from:2130 on Thu 6 Dec 2012

Valid to:1100 on Fri 7 Dec 2012

....Further sleet or snow is likely to occur in places, mainly above around 200 metres elevation where a further 5 cm or so could accumulate, particularly in parts of south and east Scotland late on Thursday evening and northeast England during the early hours of Friday....

smile.png

Yes, it's turning back towards me. Snaw at Soutra. Just a little further...

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Still going, lying on the roads, about 1-2cm now, a very good and relatively unexpected fall. Remember this when people talk about there being no potential snowfall at +168. Sometimes you won't know it's hit you until you look outside.

Also, people are very angry about something on the MT and I've yet to figure out why...

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

Posted

No snow here, plain old drizzle...

Had a light covering Sunday night that was promptly washed away Monday morning and some snow on Tuesday night that didn't lie. Considering we are next to the forth it's to be expected i suppose.

Next week could have a bit of potential for us though!? Looking good for many of us i think! smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Snow has started falling in Penicuik, is that band North of the Forth going to head south??

Let's hope so

12120700_0618.gif

12120706_0618.gif

It would only be fair after all.

Posted

Snow has started falling in Penicuik, is that band North of the Forth going to head south??

Yep, the most incredible inland streamer I've ever seen. Ok, it's not quite a streamer, more a stalling band but still, just wonderful to see.

Posted

Still going, lying on the roads, about 1-2cm now, a very good and relatively unexpected fall. Remember this when people talk about there being no potential snowfall at +168. Sometimes you won't know it's hit you until you look outside.

Also, people are very angry about something on the MT and I've yet to figure out why...

because there are hints of a breakdown at t+384 and the easterly only gonna last 3 days and not bring 1947 snowfall levels.....ironically the two model thread is debating the absurdity of the NW thread whilst also hunting breakdowns inbetween the non model related NW chat.....thank heavens for joe Bloggs bringing some sanity to the site

snow aff here but happy with my lot..... even tho the radar shows should still be falling

Posted

Also, temperature modelling for low lying places with snow for tomorrow will be on the high side by maybe 2-3C since none of the models had snow cover for affected areas. That means more like 2C rather than 4C maxima tomorrow for here.

Posted

Still going strong, reckon I've got another half hour to an hour before it starts to dry up though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW :-D

Hmmm turning to sleet/snow temp has not changed still 0.9/-2.6 :( ????

Edited by Allyw12