Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Model Mayhem - Moan, Ramp, Go Nuts

Paul

Posted

Just a moan from me. The poster "Gavin" must know full well that 99% of the people on the model output thread are hunting for cold.

Yet he posts mild charts and puts a smiley on the end. Is he trying to wind people up with the smiley or what? It's working on me.

That is all.

I'm not sure whats worse,his total obsession with HP, or his lack of punctuation lol.

Posted

Hmmm, looking at some the more recent runs maybe I was bit too premature in calling off winter a couple days back when it looked everything had fallen apart or was just about to, still won't buy it until we starting getting some proper consistency on this mind.

Edited by SnowObsessor90

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day after tomorrow.

That's it I've lost my faith and the toys are out of the pram .this winters just been one big tease just like every year .not quiet cold anougth for snow but I've still gota put the bloody heating on.grrrrrrrrr

Posted

That's it I've lost my faith and the toys are out of the pram .this winters just been one big tease just like every year .not quiet cold anougth for snow but I've still gota put the bloody heating on.grrrrrrrrr

Yes, if only the UK climate was just 5c colder on average (+2c becomes -3c) then all the marginal precipitation events would all have been powder snow and ice days.

It wouldn't be to bad in summer either with 28c becoming 23c far more comfortable.

Dream on!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Day after tomorrow.

We didn't see snow lay for well over 20 years down here .then bang we had it two years in a row .( 2009/2010) ) could 30 years this time ,who nows .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Yes, if only the UK climate was just 5c colder on average (+2c becomes -3c) then all the marginal precipitation events would all have been powder snow and ice days.

It wouldn't be to bad in summer either with 28c becoming 23c far more comfortable.

Dream on!

I think I'd prefer a more Continental-type climate: warmer and sunnier summers with colder, drier winters...Krakow or Riga perhaps?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Some moaning going on in the mod thread about the ramping that goes on in there, leading to disappointment when great looking charts don't verify but imo the ramping isn't the problem at all, it's those other posters who are gullible enough to take others literally, word for word and then they start clogging up the mod thread with moaning posts when any cold and snowy outlook doesn't verify.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

This Winter has been okay here, seen plenty of snow, some very heavy snow which left a foot of snow. Several ice days.

I want to moan at all the ramping though, we've had no severe or prolonged cold at all despite people ramping all winter. An experienced member ramping about having near record cold in February when in reality it looks very average.

Posted

Still waiting patiently for a snow hurricane.

Yes that was funny!

Looks like the severe cold weather for February forecast is also going the way of the pear!

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Still waiting patiently for a snow hurricane.

Im sure RJS only forecast that for New England..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Yes that was funny!

Looks like the severe cold weather for February forecast is also going the way of the pear!

Yes looks like this winter has started and ended on pretty much a damp squib, very very poor and imby probably second worst in almost a decade.

Always wrong side of marginal or just missing by a few miles in some cases. wallbash.gif As for the SSW well that was a larry let down!

Just have to hope we see a decenty snow storm in march or april to make up for it now.good.gif

Posted

Yes that was funny!

Piers and madden are joining the dole que as well! Although some people will still buy it next year when it's snowmabedon nov to march.

Can't see anything interesting in the next few weeks. I'd rather the mild dry than the cold dry option though. If I can't have snow I'd rather save on the heating bills. It's possible the high could go go north west into March but too little too late IMO

Posted

What a day! and what carnage caused by heavy wet snow. Went to bed with it raining and windy, woke up to heavy snow, thought oh that's nice until I suddenly realised my driveway was completely blocked by a now flattened hedge. I just couldn't believe how much damage was caused by the heavy wet snow. At this point with broom in hand and the neighbours about to call the men in white coats I'm out there furiously trying to bang snow off the hedging in the other parts of the garden.

Sum total my arms feel like they're about to fall off, the remnants of my driveway hedge are strewn all over the place. And here comes the really shocking part I was actually praying for the snow to turn to rain! yes me, snow lover obsessive praying for rain!

Yes to dry snow but most definitely no to any more of these wet snow events. Even though the flakes were massive and it was some of the heaviest I've seen I'd gladly have just cold rain next time!

On a more positive note the Pyrenees have their best snow in decades with Cauterets currently no 1 in the world for snow coverage, upper slopes currently have 570cms of snow! And with more falling tonight that could top 600cms by tomorrow!

Edited by nick sussex

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Hi sorry tp bother everyone but could someone please tell me what a shortwave is and what effect it has on the weather

Thankyou TF x

Here you go: http://forum.netweather.tv/forum/24-learning-about-weather-and-meteorology/

Posted

Here's a question. With the Atlantic due to win again mid week this week, it reminds me of recounts of cold spells of the past. A few of them seem to talk about how a mild breakdown was predicted but when it came, it actually never broke the cold weather down and silly amounts of snow fell instead.

So my question is, with such an advancement in weather forecasting and modelling and with the internet and a greater share of information...would that scenario ever be possible again? I know we've seen models fail with the Atlantic pushing back this winter at a few days in advance...but I'm talking about a surprise on the actual day of it happening...as these recounts seem to suggest that they did in the past.

Edit: I am in no way suggesting that it will happen this week!

Edited by Gord

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

GFS 18Z a 'Gavin' run, not bad as I like settled high pressure as well, but would much prefer a 'TEITS' run, -15 uppers and a convective E'ly

Posted

ECM is ramping things up this morning.. :-) this winter could have a sting in it's tail !!

Edited by Polar Maritime