IGNORED

Model Mayhem - Moan, Ramp, Go Nuts

Paul

Posted

cold spell is finished now

look at tomorrow's Express

https://twitter.com/...6479489/photo/1

This is old news.

We are lucky if we see 8mm of snow, let alone 8 inches.

They seem to have latched onto, a ramper from this forum. I wonder how much they got paid for this story.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Very disrespectful. Shame on you. Gibby's posts are aimed at reading the charts informing the less able to size up the situation...

Sorry to say, but I hope mods take action with this!

Everyone is allowed an opinion Rd. Luckily most of us disagree and value Gibby's posts and do not see them as waffle - moreso an accurate interpretation of what the models will deliver weather wise.

Posted

would love a pasting monday, but thats it!!!! then come on spring, get a grip on !! its march I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad, all those wanting stupid cold synoptics that wont even produce particularly cold weather this time of year. 18c and sunny please

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

How things were viewed in 2000. Has this been borne out? http://www.independe...ast-724017.html post-503-0-98198700-1362790163_thumb.jpg

Probably not the right thread for this, but no, I remember a lot of the certainty with which pronouncements were made about future heatwave summers and that the Scottish skiing industry was not worth investing in but thus far on both of those counts things have moved the other way. It was utter folly to assume natural variability had somehow gone out of the window and IMO has unnecessarily discredited (in the public's eyes) climate science when in fact the basic theory of AGW remains sound.

I'd say it's almost like the environmentalist equivalent of a Daily Express article on 'Big Freezes', and it really doesn't help anyone to sensationalise stories whatever they may be.

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

Posted

It got to 20C for parts of west Wales on the 11th March 1997, it may feel more like -20C on the 11th March this year!

Keep your weather history going Weather History, I find the comparisons fascinating.

Posted

Keep your weather history going Weather History, I find the comparisons fascinating.

Thanks. :)

Out of interest, the year before on 11th March 1996, there was the threat of snowfalls as rain turned to snow from the east. unfortunately part of the forecast was cut off

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

I think it is a case of lamp post watching..

I don't read the daily Gibby or other long winded regular daily chart post's, as I am just as capable of reading the weather forecast on the Meto website which sums it up with a few symbols and numbers without the waffle.

then why come here?

Posted

Just seen Fergie's post on the model thread. Damn and blast. I think most of us knew the downgrade was coming and that there would be little in terms of heavy snow either from the low approaching from the south-west or from convection from the east. On the other hand what do the Chief Forecaster, Fergie or Nick F know.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

@snow is falling. U might be able to read charts how ever there r those who can't read charts and that's where gibby does an excelent job. Maybe u should do a daily summery.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

@snow is falling. U might be able to read charts how ever there r those who can't read charts and that's where gibby does an excelent job. Maybe u should do a daily summery.

Gibby gives first class easy to read overview of the charts, AWD [southwest region] also gives clear chart summery, These guys put lots of time and work in the production of there updates, These forums are lucky to have the benefit of there excellent insights,,,,,There are many other contributers who also spend many hours giving there views and I thank them all,.............Great deal of my work includes foreward planning for outdoor events, I find this forum invaluable,,,,

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

I thought this was the 'go nuts' thread anyway .. where else can we talk bull excretia ???

Edited by be cause

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

I thought this was the 'go nuts' thread anyway .. where else can we talk bull excretia ???

Just because this is the model mayhem thread, it doesn't give licence to members to post in coded potty mouth language so please modify your posts in future. Thanks.

Posted

Model Discussion thread full of the same old Coldies and Mildies all posting furiously to their hearts content trying to outdo each other. Yaaaaaawn.

Posted

Congratulations to Steve Murr on 10,000 posts. He, along with TEITS and Nick Sussex, is one of the three 'Big Beasts' on here. These are the guys who, unrestrained by professional obligations or a desire to associate themselves with a profession that they used to be part of, post with knowledge, insight and huge enthusiasm on the MOD thread. Thanks for your input Steve; I look forward to the next 10,000.

Posted

Congratulations to Steve Murr on 10,000 posts. He, along with TEITS and Nick Sussex, is one of the three 'Big Beasts' on here. These are the guys who, unrestrained by professional obligations or a desire to associate themselves with a profession that they used to be part of, post with knowledge, insight and huge enthusiasm on the MOD thread. Thanks for your input Steve; I look forward to the next 10,000.

pity they only appear to be interested in snow..... id LOVE to see them turn their knowlege to weather all year around and enthuse unbiasedly over all weather types. their ability to read the charts and suggest likely outcomes is first rate and if they enthused so much in the summer as they do in the winter, the forum would be a much busier (their input would generate interest) and intersting place.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry mild or snow winter. Hot and humid summer.

The meto have no snow at any point for the next 24 hours, yet Bournemouth is in the warning area. One of these needs to change?

Posted

The meto have no snow at any point for the next 24 hours, yet Bournemouth is in the warning area. One of these needs to change?

a warning is just that, its suggesting a possibility of snow, so they dont exactly contradict eachother.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

bah! i don't care what Fergie says !!!!!

The beer is flowing, it is not even midnight yet

This ain't over yet. Yahooooo. Feels good right now smile.png

Posted

quiet on the model thread today.... the snowies are either out playing in it, or got their ramping wrong and havnt the grace to addmitt it! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

quiet on the model thread today.... the snowies are either out playing in it, or got their ramping wrong and havnt the grace to addmitt it! laugh.png

Well I'm the formerlaugh.png Once again initially 'mostly dry' easterly for Scotland has delivered a decent dumping to most of the country while the threat of mega-blizzards in the south of England (away from the Channel Islands) appears not to have been realised. Currently -1C, 2-3 inches of snow outside and blizzarding away here in the middle of Edinburgh. I'd call that impressive in the depths of winter, never mind the 11th of March.

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm & Sunny

quiet on the model thread today.... the snowies are either out playing in it, or got their ramping wrong and havnt the grace to addmitt it! laugh.png

Haha, well as it says on the tin, and because I feel like it, I'm going to have a moan! Truly miserable day, bitter, raw winds, grey skies, snow blowing around from time to time, and then more of it as I headed south on the way home. I can still hear the wind howling outside now as I bleat now!

Now, I realise that having looked at the SE regional board for much of the day that I'm in a distinct minority, so I hope that those who wanted it and who enjoy the snow and bitter cold have had a good one, but i hate it, and so haven't....

There, I've said it......whinge, whinge, whinge......!!

When we get our one day of warmth in the middle of July, I'm so going to come on here and ramp the 70degree warmth and clear blue skies, even if it only lasts for 24hrs. I realise no one will care or read it, but I'll think back to today and it'll make me feel better!!

rofl.gif

Posted

Haha, well as it says on the tin, and because I feel like it, I'm going to have a moan! Truly miserable day, bitter, raw winds, grey skies, snow blowing around from time to time, and then more of it as I headed south on the way home. I can still hear the wind howling outside now as I bleat now!

Now, I realise that having looked at the SE regional board for much of the day that I'm in a distinct minority, so I hope that those who wanted it and who enjoy the snow and bitter cold have had a good one, but i hate it, and so haven't....

There, I've said it......whinge, whinge, whinge......!!

When we get our one day of warmth in the middle of July, I'm so going to come on here and ramp the 70degree warmth and clear blue skies, even if it only lasts for 24hrs. I realise no one will care or read it, but I'll think back to today and it'll make me feel better!!

rofl.gif

Dont worry I am hating this cold too I can see there being a very poor show of daffodils this year, the cold lovers have been moaning a lot over the winter but they have no right to, the winters of the last few 5 years or so have been going their way, but the summers are not giving the hotties what they want for the last few years,but I rarley hear them complain.

The only good thing about the colder climate is keeping the flea population at baylaugh.png , remember those hot humid summers of the nineties when flea infestations for dog and cat owners became rife . so the cold does have its uses.