Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion 18th December 2012>

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Pavements & side roads were lethal earlier, would have tested the winters but decided to go on foot instead - glad I did!

Sleet, hail & rain showers on & off all evening & 1C earlier, still is 1C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Some extreme cold for Shetland: -2/-6.7C currently in Lerwick http://www.weathercast.co.uk/world-weather/weather-stations/obsid/3005.html

A bit lighter here, t and dp still the same and still sleety. Looks like a possible lull soon going by the NMM but with some more around through tomorrow, more especially with heavier stuff pushing in in the afternoon. Colder air looks likely to be better established by then so we should continue to see the general downward movement of the snow level.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

2.4 C here, overcast.

Nae snaw, but I see soutra caught a wee partial covering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Rain here but the Pentlands have white tops (as viewed from suburban south Embra, ie the north end of them, Caerketton) - from experience I'd guess that the 'weather band' around Silverburn may be in play and more snow beyond it!)

This is exciting, given what was forecast a day or so ago - Unexpected White Stuff in Bagging Area :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

2c here and feeling very chilly but could be 9 degrees by midday tomorrow.....and having looked at 0z there is little eye candy anytime soon....if the 06z was like the 0z im scared to look into the MT but i will Just for fun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Temp +2.1C with DP -1.2C.

Cloudy but drying up after 1.3mm rain between 22.00 and 00.00 last evening.

I wish I were in Lapland!

http://alk.tiehallinto.fi/alk/kelikamerat/kamera-C1452100.html

Posted

Was snowing a bit there again. Mountains have been clobbered last night so it seems (Not that it will be there this time tomorrow when the south westerley takes over ugh)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

HS, thanks for the link to the pics of lapland - so lovely to see some snow. Maybe we should arrange a Kilted thread visit to lapland!

all wet here, feeling much colder this morning.

Hoping for changes to start showing soon in the charts, patience again required.

Posted

Heavy snow here last night with light flurries this morning. Remnants of the snow still on the grass and pavements.

With me limited knowledge of the models it looks as though we could be in for some serious weather on Friday and Saturday. The pressure appears particularly low yet the Met Office doesn't appear to be making a big deal of it. I assume I am reading it wrong?

M...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

HS, thanks for the link to the pics of lapland - so lovely to see some snow. Maybe we should arrange a Kilted thread visit to lapland!

all wet here, feeling much colder this morning.

Hoping for changes to start showing soon in the charts, patience again required.

Another link Snowy Owl - just hover the cursor over the camera icon and the current view will appear. Narnia!

http://alk.tiehallinto.fi/alk/kelikamerat/kelikamerat_5.html

Also here are the live views from the Lapland ski resort of Levi:-

http://www.levi.fi/en/levi-info/maps-and-cameras.html#

This is of the K5 Hotel in Levi:-

http://www.ta.fi/axis/netti.jpg

I start watching these from early October each year!

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

In work today the Pentlands are now white. See web cam picture:

pentland_hills.jpg?1356605320

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Subzero

Got about 1cm lying here this morning and currently just below freezing at -0.3C. Been up the hill already, where there's a couple of inches. Lomonds certainly look the part today :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Didn't quite maintain sufficient intensity or get close enough to 0C for lying snow. Still a chance for some later on I think as what I now believe to be easterly convective showers reintensify and move back east as a precursor to the frontal 'breakdown' tomorrow. Still a bit of interest for me in the shorter term but really a pattern change with a well anchored HP not too far to the south of here extending northwards is absolutely what is needed in the new year, bringing in drier and hopefully frostier conditions.

Posted

Oops, just let rip in the model thread! The 'worst post' ever quickly eroded my Christmas Cheer as far as the model thread goes and broke my golden rule of not entering the fray! help.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Another link Snowy Owl - just hover the cursor over the camera icon and the current view will appear. Narnia!

http://alk.tiehallin...ikamerat_5.html

Also here are the live views from the Lapland ski resort of Levi:-

http://www.levi.fi/e...d-cameras.html#

This is of the K5 Hotel in Levi:-

http://www.ta.fi/axis/netti.jpg

I start watching these from early October each year!

Good stuff!! I do the same - watch from autumn onwards to get my vicarious snow fix...unsure.png

Mebbe start a poll somewhere to see how many folk would be interested in a Lapland winter break...?

1C here and quite a wintry picture up the hill although just slidy underfoot just here.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Just managed to stay above freezing last night,. still cold and we had a wee flurry of snow late morning. In for a bit of a pasting over the weekend, so just off to check that all torches and lanterns have fully charged batteries.....just in case!

Posted

Its just started snowing here. We don't need anything wet or windy hampening the clearing of the landslip at Stromeferry. We need the road open asap.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and....a bit more snow

Snaws on...getting more persistent now....doubt it will amount to much but nice to see anyway....

These charts suggest it could be around for a good few hours.

post-18260-0-25557900-1356617959_thumb.j

post-18260-0-85252700-1356617969_thumb.j

post-18260-0-20038000-1356617980_thumb.j