Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Winter Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Just looked at updated met office forecast for me for next 5 days and we now rain at 3pm on Monday.....what is gong on??

Posted

Where are you windy snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Just looked at updated met office forecast for me for next 5 days and we now rain at 3pm on Monday.....what is gong on??

That is what is worrying me. However, the worded forecast simply talks of snow (not rain) so its all very confusing. I am hoping that this time tomorrow we will know, as I need to make a decision as to whether to drive into work on Monday morning.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Dangerous thinking :-D

Don't concern me too much as I am in west wales where snow is much less likely.

Posted

No relation to him, im asked all the time! Im better looking!lol bring on the white stuff! No frost here yet, unlike forcast!

There will be once the cloud clears, there even could be now it's just not visible as the dew point is low (no dew to form frost)

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Posted

just watched the weather on news 24 . basically most of the mids should get a covering from the 1st batch of ppn sunday night/ early hours monday as that is pretty much an all snow band of ppn

then the graphics showed the second batch of ppn being of snow to the north east of birmingham and rain to the southwest......make of that what you will.

Posted

just watched the weather on news 24 . basically most of the mids should get a covering from the 1st batch of ppn sunday night/ early hours monday as that is pretty much an all snow band of ppn

then the graphics showed the second batch of ppn being of snow to the north east of birmingham and rain to the southwest......make of that what you will.

Hi not far from you what's your gut feeling?

Posted

Hi not far from you what's your gut feeling?

i think we will be ok and should do quite well out of this . probably finish up with a few inches by monday teatime.As far as i can tell from what ive seen and read the ppn doesn't ever seem to be particulally heavy,

but i'm no expert btw

Posted

Oh dear, my phone app has gone from forecasting snow on monday to now 'wet snow with showers'... this usually means by tomorrow it'll be forecasting 'heavy rain'.

Is the likelihood of snow decreasing or is there still a reasonable chance or is still to difficult to call?

[i'm in Leicester].

Edited by SL7

Posted

The nae is very good tonight for the midlands if anyone can post the pics here would be good for those who haven't seen them. Two bands of moderate/heavy snow in space of 12/18 hours :)gfs is more marginal tonight hopefully it doesn't become a trend and the air remains cold enough

Posted

Oh dear, my phone app has gone from forecasting snow on monday to now 'wet snow with showers'... this usually means by tomorrow it'll be forecasting 'heavy rain'.

Is the likelihood of snow decreasing or is there still a reasonable chance or is still to difficult to call?

[i'm in Leicester].

No i think liecester will do fine any where east of birmingham looks good at the moment

Posted

The nae is very good tonight for the midlands if anyone can post the pics here would be good for those who haven't seen them. Two bands of moderate/heavy snow in space of 12/18 hours smile.pnggfs is more marginal tonight hopefully it doesn't become a trend and the air remains cold enough

Bank !!!!!

post-9498-0-75758900-1358029202_thumb.gi

Posted

Yes north east of brum looks a good bet at the moment. However, if the low pressure develops any more of a circulation then it could be wetter rather than white.

For other areas. The first band still looks like delivering a light covering.

Posted

[i'm in Leicester].

Why do we do this to ourselves........there should be a snowanolics anonymous... As snow is a drug... We hope for a few flakes and say that we will be happy, but then once we've had a few flakes we want more, cm's, inches, foots, metres etc.

Bank !!!!!

post-9498-0-75758900-1358029202_thumb.gi

Yes please!!!

Posted

Jay Wynne on BBC News 24 says 2-5cm from the first band which he said would be all snow, and then the second band will produce significant snow with eastern and northeastern areas bearing the brunt. It really is a question of how much of a part this mild sector will play a part on the second band. I hope for the sub zero dewpoints to remain intact and push west across our region within the 00z suite of charts.

Posted

Yes, NAE snow depths suggest up to 20cm for East Midland areas. Looks promising!

Yes please

Posted

NAE does look more promising for the East Midlands. The Peak District could get a good dumping between 6pm Sun and 6pm Mon. Add to that the snowcover will probably not melt anywhere next week and the chance of further falls as disturbances run through the cold air, by next weekend there could be some seriously deep snow up there.

Walking in the Peak District anytime after tomorrow could be very interesting indeed.

Posted

It's looking precariously close for those of us in the Solihull/Coventry area, but I think we should just about be okay. Most of the charts I've seen today have us just inside the the snow line.

East Midlands looking good for a snowfest. Good luck everyone! good.gif

Bish

Edited by Bishop Brennan