• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

A lot more sleetiness in the rain here now. Pretty soon I may even see a snowflake!

Posted

Any chance you could post the Ukmo or ECM Charts Steve just to even it out and not just cherry pick the Model with the least consistency at T48 ?

Posted

The Kent Radar head keeps going down... no radar cover for most of Kent sad.png

cheers, I see it has been reported to the team, hopefully sorted soon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Still dry here ,even my glass is,lol,need a top up drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

Will it snow in my garden?

Please for the love of crimany I need to know so I can cover my daffs and knit woolly jumpers for the birds.

Seriously people, the fact is nobody on here, at the Meto, at the BBC, on the international spacestation or even Felix Baumgartner can tell you if it will snow in your location in 36 - 48 hours time because the time is too far away and the conditions keep changing.

As Steve already said, 6 hours out tops but even then it's still a guide.

Trust me, I have sat here before and watched an intense pink band of snow approach London over the period it took to cross the capital has fizzled out to nothing or another time where it hit warm air and turned green (sleet) and then blue (rain) over my house yet a few miles away it was snow.

There is only one way you can guarantee if it's going to snow at your location and that is to observe it at the time, wither through a window or stand outside.

The next best thing is to use a weather radar that shows precipitation type (the Net Weather one costs £3.49 for a month and is dead simple)

Now.....does anyone know when the snow is coming?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

This is why I hate my location when we talk about the M4 and surrey..

DO NOT TAKE THE BELOW IMAGE SERIOUSLY! MY GUESS!

post-12648-0-94298500-1358018232_thumb.j

Here is my idea (this will change tomorrow) Rough guide...

Red circles snow...

Green circle "sweet spot somewhere here"

Yellow Circle i'm not sure

Red line sleet west of it..

I'm just west of Bicester bang on the red line. I guess if I get sleet on the ground, by standing on my roof I should see snow, given everything is so marginal ? acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme

A lot more sleetiness in the rain here now. Pretty soon I may even see a snowflake!

good, blow it down to Brighton Chino, my local weather station (still need to put my own one up ...if I can figure out how to set the damn thing up)...has us at + 2.8 Dp , has done for the past hour.

fine rain here ...it's been raining since 8am !! and we've just hit 10mm for the day !

Posted

I think that this site should have some Kudos System based on forecasting ability, meteorology qualifications/experinence and a league table of who calls it right and hasn't a clue.

Some people here are clearly very knowledgable, but some haven't got a foggiest clue about what they are preaching and I fear that some people hang on the wrong peoples predictions (guess)

If industry experts are unsure about what is going to happen, it's for a reason.....it's unsure what's going to happen.

Nobody knows what is going to happen come monday granted. However we can only go by what charts are put in front of us and make a educated guess. Even though in such a complicated set up we know that that boundary between snow or rain will be moved next run. It is fun however to watch it unfold otherwise this forum will be so quiet.

Posted

Just sent my man out into the cold to stock up on wine...I seem to find the more I drink the better the charts look rofl.gif

3.0c and drizzling here....boring lazy.gif

Posted

51-101.GIF?12-12

Milder dew points show why it would be rain

Higher resolution NAE shows a better outcome for snow lovers...I suggest you chill a while and wait and see what the models and Fax charts bring closer to the event.

After all, the models mostly don't cope with convective showers until close to T0, and that is one of the key sources of snow for the SE.

Posted

Will it snow in my garden?

Please for the love of crimany I need to know so I can cover my daffs and knit woolly jumpers for the birds.

Seriously people, the fact is nobody on here, at the Meto, at the BBC, on the international spacestation or even Felix Baumgartner can tell you if it will snow in your location in 36 - 48 hours time because the time is too far away and the conditions keep changing.

As Steve already said, 6 hours out tops but even then it's still a guide.

Trust me, I have sat here before and watched an intense pink band of snow approach London over the period it took to cross the capital has fizzled out to nothing or another time where it hit warm air and turned green (sleet) and then blue (rain) over my house yet a few miles away it was snow.

There is only one way you can guarantee if it's going to snow at your location and that is to observe it at the time, wither through a window or stand outside.

The next best thing is to use a weather radar that shows precipitation type (the Net Weather one costs £3.49 for a month and is dead simple)

Now.....does anyone know when the snow is coming?

At 6:42am on Monday morning in Surrey's front garden? rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Just sent my man out into the cold to stock up on wine...I seem to find the more I drink the better the charts look rofl.gif

3.0c and drizzling here....boring lazy.gif

Lol i know that one,mind you still cant understand them when ive not had a drink lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

good, blow it down to Brighton Chino, my local weather station (still need to put my own one up ...if I can figure out how to set the damn thing up)...has us at + 2.8 Dp , has done for the past hour.

fine rain here ...it's been raining since 8am !! and we've just hit 10mm for the day !

That's going to be a peach if it freezes tonight !!

Posted

Steve murr or Jp is the snow still forcasted for the uckfield area as I am confused by what the moddles are saying

Edited by Tom Jarvis